🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you Support Planned Parenthood?

No, I don't approve of Margaret Sanger and what she has done to America. What she was involved in is utterly evil.

Giving women the ability to control their fertility is utterly evil?

Do you realize what life was like for women - especially poor women - before there was birth control?

No, it wasn't evil. It was finally, we had the ability to choose whether or not we wanted to be pregnant.

By that rationale I should be able to legally sell my body for sex.

Yes?

No, I don't approve of Margaret Sanger and what she has done to America. What she was involved in is utterly evil.

Do you realize what life was like for women - especially poor women - before there was birth control?

No, it wasn't evil. It was finally, we had the ability to choose whether or not we wanted to be pregnant.

By that rationale I should be able to legally sell my body for sex.

Yes?

What rationale would that be?

No! They will not get my support as long as they continue to offer abortion services.

Planned Parenthood receives part of it's funding from government grants. However, by law federal funds cannot be used in anyway for any type of abortion services unless the life of the mother is in danger, or for incest or rape. Who is ensuring that federal funds that are intended for other services are not re-allocated for abortion? Good for states like Tennessee that have defunded planned parenthood.

No! They will not get my support as long as they continue to offer abortion services.

Planned Parenthood receives part of it's funding from government grants. However, by law federal funds cannot be used in anyway for any type of abortion services unless the life of the mother is in danger, or for incest or rape. Who is ensuring that federal funds that are intended for other services are not re-allocated for abortion? Good for states like Tennessee that have defunded planned parenthood.

Planned Parenthood services will prevent more abortions than they perform.

Those two ideas are in direct opposition. Taking in foster children has its own financial incentives.

Which is why I said we should stop it.
Stop what? Giving people a financial incentive to take in foster children?

Yes

Then who is going to take in all of those foster children?

People who will do so without a financial incentive. There are hundreds of gay couples in Florida that have this exact position.

The first part said "stop giving people financial incentives to use kids to get benefits" and then the last part said "let people take in as many foster kids as they want regardless of whatever". People who take in foster kids get benefits from the government. Who will take in those foster children if the incentives for caring for them are stopped? Do you expect poor families to just take in random kids from other poor families?

No. Generally the people who are adopting kids from overseas are not poor. So let's change things so that they can adopt kids born here instead.

Didn't the GOP scream Hell about Hillary Clinton saying "it takes a village"?

Yes. And they were correct by doing so. It doesn't take a village, it takes a family.

No, but you need the whole quote and the context in which it was made - most particularly the historical context and the lack of any other material indicating a desire for genocide or extermination.

It's easy to snip out quotes and distort them. Of course, some prefer that to truth.

I replied to your full quote

I guess those marked children deserved it

[ame=http://youtu.be/2Or7OgiQ5JU]Margaret Sanger the Greatest Sin is Children - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, many people do not know the true story about Sanger. She was a very wealthy woman - married to an elitist - a racist - their vision was a world of their own kind and people who they deemed as " not worthy of sharing the planet with them or having no chance in life, black children, indigent children, children that might have a birth defect or illness....these children were to be disposed of. By doing it through abortion she managed to get away with the mass murder of over 50 million babies here in America. Just imagine it. 50 million people missing because this evil woman convinced people to allow "her" to "plan parenthood" for the world.

God planned parenthood and Margaret Sanger got in the way. She is regretting that decision in hell right now. Eternally. - Jeremiah

(My bold)

Sanger was Irish American, her folks left the old country due to the Potato Famine/lack of work. Her father was a Freethinker (as I recall), her mother died of having too many children too soon - Margaret had to take over the mothering role at home - see any standard biography on her. She became a nurse - not a well-thought-of profession @ the time, especially for a woman.

She didn't need schooling on racial/ethnic discrimination in the US - the No Irish sign was right up there with No Blacks, No Italians, No Catholics, etc. She saw a need for families to control the timing of births, or even if they wanted to have children.

She fought off the R. Catholic Church, the Comstock Laws, the professed public horror @ talk of sex & reproduction, & on & on. She was arrested, muzzled, tried, fined, perp-walked. She wrote, published newsletters, columns, books, travelled & spoke anywhere to anyone about birth control. In the end, she IDed & backed the research that led to oral contraceptives. She ran the table.

Mr. Sanger, as I recall, lost most of his money - I don't remember if it was in the Depression or thereabouts. She raised a lot of money, which mostly went into the publications & clinics. I don't think she had a large estate, upon death.

Oh, yah, & she wasn't much of a religious believer, either. So if she meets up with God, I'm sure they'll have/have had a v. long conversation.

To answer your question, I would if they concentrated on education, womens health and pregnancy prevention instead of having abortion as their primary function. There are times when abortions are appropriate but with todays technology they should be few and far between.

Birth control.

A woman's choice.

Her views were common to her era - but she also saw what unlimited procreation did to a woman and started a movement that eventually made contraception legal. And that is a good thing.

How is killing a person birth control?

Explain how not expanding Medicaid and allowing thousands of people to die, "pro life"!

The 25 GOP-led states that are refusing to expand Medicaid as part of the Affordable Care Act are not just turning down an estimated $42.6 billion in 2014 alone, they’re also missing a chance to save 27,000 lives — according to a new study from the pro-expansion group Health Care for America Now (HCAN).
REPORT: 27,000 Will Die Because Republican States Refuse To Expand Medicaid - The National Memo

Medicaid is rationed care. It's most definitely not "pro life."

Rationing Care Is the Wrong Way to Cut Oregon?s Medicaid Costs | The Lund Report

I don't understand your point.
From that link:

That would be in line with the Census Bureau's report that more black and Latino babies have been born than white babies.

So where did the statistic that "79% of abortions target blacks and Hispanics" come from?

I don't know, I'm not the one that posted it.

More black and Latino babies being born does not refute the fact that black and Latino babies also make up the majority of abortions.
But the link that you posted said that non-Hispanic white women make up 36% of abortions, more than blacks and Latinos. This would support the Census' claim that more blacks and Latinos are having babies than white people.

Read it again (it appears you do have a problem with math).

Non-Hispanic white women accounted for 36% of abortions, non-Hispanic black women for 30%, Hispanic women for 25% and non-Hispanic women of other races for 9%

White - 36%
Black - 30%
Hispanic - 25%
Other - 9%

Black, Hispanic, and other: 30+25+9=64

64% is a majority. 55% is a majority.

The lefts support of a pro life racist homophobe anti Semite bigot on this thread cracks me up

A great woman who was a product of her times. Her work was also praised by WEB Dubois and Martin Luther King

Trying to apply today's ethical standards to one hundred years ago is ridiculous.

Uh, Lincoln had freed the slaves long before that racist c--t was born.

And you make excuses for her skanky ass.

You need to go back down in that sewer where you belong.

Shit, you may see her raggedy ass skeleton down there and y'all can talk about the jigaboos together.

Fuck that baby killin bitch and the hood I wipe up my jizz with.

(My bold)

Nah, Prexy Lincoln confiscated the slaves, in those states that were in rebellion against the Union @ the time of the Emancipation Proclamation. It wasn't until after the Civil War that Congress passed legislation outlawing slavery everywhere in the US.

That would be an interesting concept, a Planned Parenthood location that refused to perform abortions and instead concentrated on contraception and family planning. I asked the CEO of our local PP organization if that would be a good idea and she was almost violent in defense of "women's rights" and that I was a bigot for even suggesting such a thing.

So if abortion is such a small part of Planned Parenthood, why is it such a fundamental part of their mission?

Which is why I said we should stop it.

Yes

People who will do so without a financial incentive. There are hundreds of gay couples in Florida that have this exact position.
You want to hand over impressionable lonely orphans to Godless gay couples?

The first part said "stop giving people financial incentives to use kids to get benefits" and then the last part said "let people take in as many foster kids as they want regardless of whatever". People who take in foster kids get benefits from the government. Who will take in those foster children if the incentives for caring for them are stopped? Do you expect poor families to just take in random kids from other poor families?

No. Generally the people who are adopting kids from overseas are not poor. So let's change things so that they can adopt kids born here instead.
They can't adopt American orphans already? Is there a law preventing Americans from adopting American orphans? Which law is that? Who passed it? Which President signed it into law? Which Supreme Court justice gave the final decision on that law's legitimacy?

Yes. And they were correct by doing so. It doesn't take a village, it takes a family.
Or a foster family of Florida homosexuals, apparently. What point are you trying to make? People get benefits for taking in foster children. The government has to oversee foster homes to see if the kids are being treated decently. It seems like you're trying to say that everyone will automatically start adopting poor children if abortion is outlawed. If that is your argument then you shouldn't try to make that argument.

Think of how much more funding they would receive if they eliminated abortions entirely from their clinics.

Yes

You want to hand over impressionable lonely orphans to Godless gay couples?

I know more religious gay people in relationships than atheist gay people in relationships, but that's beside the point. I'd rather have an orphan be loved by an atheist gay couple instead of being herded like cattle by the government.

They can't adopt American orphans already? Is there a law preventing Americans from adopting American orphans? Which law is that? Who passed it? Which President signed it into law? Which Supreme Court justice gave the final decision on that law's legitimacy?

If you want to know, research the difficulties in obtaining an adoption license for yourself.

LGBT Adoption FAQs | Gay Adoption | Same Sex Adoption

DCFS -

Kids Need Families: Why Are We Rejecting Parents? | Psychology Today

http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/file.asp?id=521&type=application/pdf

Challenges with Adopting a Child | LIVESTRONG.COM

Common myths about domestic adoption

Or a foster family of Florida homosexuals, apparently. What point are you trying to make? People get benefits for taking in foster children. The government has to oversee foster homes to see if the kids are being treated decently. It seems like you're trying to say that everyone will automatically start adopting poor children if abortion is outlawed. If that is your argument then you shouldn't try to make that argument.

No, you asked what should be done for all those poor women who have poor kids. I said we should tweak and use the existing system of adoption, and then I detailed the reforms I would make to tweak that system.

.....Or a foster family of Florida homosexuals, apparently.

I know a pair of religious homosexuals in Florida that adopted a child 50 years ago. You would be amazed at how great the grandkids are doing now. Their mom grew up poor and her kids grew up affluent but they all spent summers working on the "Grampa-Grampa" farm. The latest Florida Law graduate took over the family business.

A loving family is all that is needed, and even if it's not perfect it's always better than the government.

Last edited:

Think of how much more funding they would receive if they eliminated abortions entirely from their clinics.

I support the rights of unborn women. After-all, they have a right over their own bodies.

Do you think government insurance is magic and will cure death?

It's been keeping poor people alive.....except in the red states now, who decided "to hell with them".
LOL No it hasnt

You have a link to back up your statement? Didn't think so.

Here's my link.

Medicaid Expansion May Lower Death Rates, Study Says

http://health/policy/medicaid-expansion-may-lower-death-rate-study-says.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

It's been keeping poor people alive.....except in the red states now, who decided "to hell with them".
LOL No it hasnt

Here's my link.

http://health/policy/medicaid-expansion-may-lower-death-rate-study-says.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Your link says that it "may" lower death rates.

My link says it doesn't.

Will 17,104 Americans Really Die In States That Don't Expand Medicaid? - Forbes

I'm not sure if either link is true. Good statisticians don't typically work for journalists.

About 50 years ago, the debate was over the legality of contraception....today it is over which means of contraception will Hobby Lobby have to cover. Conservatives have lost the debate on every front and by every scorecard imaginable.

Which is why they are so very bitter 24/7

LOL No it hasnt

Here's my link.

Your link says that it "may" lower death rates.

My link says it doesn't.

Will 17,104 Americans Really Die In States That Don't Expand Medicaid? - Forbes

I'm not sure if either link is true. Good statisticians don't typically work for journalists.

Well, if that was the case then nobody would need healthcare....if people don't get medical attention when they are ill, they could die....that's a fact.

And your link is just questioning the number....but some will die. But for people who claim to love life and go all out to protect a fetus, you would think they would do the same for those that have already been born.

Forum List

Back