🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you Support Planned Parenthood?

If 79% of abortions target blacks and Latinos then why are there so many more blacks and Latinos being born than white babies?
Most Children Younger Than Age 1 are Minorities, Census Bureau Reports - Population - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

Do you not understand math?

Here's a pro-choice link for the claim that the majority of abortions are done by minorities.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/US-Abortion-Patients.pdf
I don't understand your point.
From that link:
Non-Hispanic white women accounted for 36% of abortions, non-Hispanic black women for 30%, Hispanic women for 25% and non-Hispanic women of other races for 9%. While no group made up the majority of abortion patients, black and Hispanic women were overrepresented.
That would be in line with the Census Bureau's report that more black and Latino babies have been born than white babies.

So where did the statistic that "79% of abortions target blacks and Hispanics" come from?

She called them marked children, no chance in the world to be human beings practically, delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of "things" just marked when they're born.....based on who their parents were.

Her goal was to stop them from being born.

Birth control.

A woman's choice.

Her views were common to her era - but she also saw what unlimited procreation did to a woman and started a movement that eventually made contraception legal. And that is a good thing.

How is killing a person birth control?

...We would have to stop giving people a financial incentive to use kids as a means to get benefits... and we would have to accept the reality that anyone who wants to raise an adopted child should be given the chance to do so without regard to their demographics.
Those two ideas are in direct opposition. Taking in foster children has its own financial incentives.

Which is why I said we should stop it.

I respectfully disagree with you, Coyote. I not only believe she was evil. I believe she was one of the most evil women to ever have lived!

Your thread on Sometimes .....was excellent by the way! Good job.

- Jeri

Today's Planned Parenthood has nothing to do with the thinking of yesteryear's Sanger, Americans were racists back in her time, both Republican and Democrat.....unfortunately today, the conservatives are wanting to revert to the past, fighting birth control and at the same time wanting to do away with abortion. The result being, we'll end up with poor women having more children, and conservatives complaining about them being on welfare, and continuing to fight to end Welfare.

I simply think that there's a better way to "plan" parenthood than to take an innocent life (yes it's alive).

They are not all about abortion. Women are able to get contraceptives as well as help with other health issues, which in itself cuts down on abortions. Education is key.

Planned Parenthood plans death; not parenthood!

Great point! In my opinion, it's premeditated murder (1st degree murder) and all who participate in the plan and the execution are guilty as charged.

Yeah, conservatives are all about "life".....that's why so many of the red states refused to expand Medicaid and are allowing people to die....way to go....your hypocrisy shouts out, but you go on patting yourself on the back that you're for "life".

Why do people on the left always equate support with some government program?

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Today's Planned Parenthood has nothing to do with the thinking of yesteryear's Sanger, Americans were racists back in her time, both Republican and Democrat.....unfortunately today, the conservatives are wanting to revert to the past, fighting birth control and at the same time wanting to do away with abortion. The result being, we'll end up with poor women having more children, and conservatives complaining about them being on welfare, and continuing to fight to end Welfare.

I simply think that there's a better way to "plan" parenthood than to take an innocent life (yes it's alive).

They are not all about abortion. Women are able to get contraceptives as well as help with other health issues, which in itself cuts down on abortions. Education is key.

Get rid of abortions and Planned Parenthood is just a boring sex shop or County Health Dept. dispensary.

Birth control.

A woman's choice.

Her views were common to her era - but she also saw what unlimited procreation did to a woman and started a movement that eventually made contraception legal. And that is a good thing.

Birth control was one of the biggest contributors to the emergence of women into higher paying jobs and careers in our society
How can a woman get ahead if she is banged up all the time?
There was a time when doctors and hospitals could not even talk about birth control

Cool. Sacrifice your baby so you can get richer! And you call Conservatives "greedy?"

Women not wanting to have 6-10 kids is greedy?

If 79% of abortions target blacks and Latinos then why are there so many more blacks and Latinos being born than white babies?
Most Children Younger Than Age 1 are Minorities, Census Bureau Reports - Population - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

Here's a pro-choice link for the claim that the majority of abortions are done by minorities.

From that link:
Non-Hispanic white women accounted for 36% of abortions, non-Hispanic black women for 30%, Hispanic women for 25% and non-Hispanic women of other races for 9%. While no group made up the majority of abortion patients, black and Hispanic women were overrepresented.
That would be in line with the Census Bureau's report that more black and Latino babies have been born than white babies.

So where did the statistic that "79% of abortions target blacks and Hispanics" come from?

I don't know, I'm not the one that posted it. My source shows that it's 55%, a clear majority (exactly what Sanger wanted).

More black and Latino babies being born does not refute the fact that black and Latino babies also make up the majority of abortions.

...We would have to stop giving people a financial incentive to use kids as a means to get benefits... and we would have to accept the reality that anyone who wants to raise an adopted child should be given the chance to do so without regard to their demographics.
Those two ideas are in direct opposition. Taking in foster children has its own financial incentives.

Which is why I said we should stop it.
Stop what? Giving people a financial incentive to take in foster children? Then who is going to take in all of those foster children?

The first part said "stop giving people financial incentives to use kids to get benefits" and then the last part said "let people take in as many foster kids as they want regardless of whatever". People who take in foster kids get benefits from the government. Who will take in those foster children if the incentives for caring for them are stopped? Do you expect poor families to just take in random kids from other poor families?

Didn't the GOP scream Hell about Hillary Clinton saying "it takes a village"?

Planned Parenthood has done more to prevent abortions than all the GOP abortion laws combined

Bullshit.... Prove that.... Without using Their own numbers.... In other words actual honest stats.

Common sense my friend.

There are no "stats" on how many unwanted pregnancies are prevented by birth control. What we do know is that the number of pregnancies today's women experience compared to 50 years ago is dramatically less. Planned Parenthood has been at the forefront of that drop through education and free distribution of contraception

She called them marked children, no chance in the world to be human beings practically, delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of "things" just marked when they're born.....based on who their parents were.

Her goal was to stop them from being born.

Birth control.

A woman's choice.

Explain how not expanding Medicaid and allowing thousands of people to die, "pro life"!

The 25 GOP-led states that are refusing to expand Medicaid as part of the Affordable Care Act are not just turning down an estimated $42.6 billion in 2014 alone, they’re also missing a chance to save 27,000 lives — according to a new study from the pro-expansion group Health Care for America Now (HCAN).
REPORT: 27,000 Will Die Because Republican States Refuse To Expand Medicaid - The National Memo

How do Teabaggers intend to help poor black people who have more children than they can afford if abortion is outlawed?

Also, how do Teabaggers intend to help poor white people who have more children than they can afford if abortion is outlawed?

Their plan? #1. More tax breaks for billionaires. #2. Elimination of inheritance tax. #3. Elimination of minimum wage laws. These are a good start.

Birth control.

A woman's choice.

Explain how not expanding Medicaid and allowing thousands of people to die, "pro life"!

The 25 GOP-led states that are refusing to expand Medicaid as part of the Affordable Care Act are not just turning down an estimated $42.6 billion in 2014 alone, they’re also missing a chance to save 27,000 lives — according to a new study from the pro-expansion group Health Care for America Now (HCAN).
REPORT: 27,000 Will Die Because Republican States Refuse To Expand Medicaid - The National Memo

Do you think government insurance is magic and will cure death?

From that link:

I don't know, I'm not the one that posted it.

More black and Latino babies being born does not refute the fact that black and Latino babies also make up the majority of abortions.
But the link that you posted said that non-Hispanic white women make up 36% of abortions, more than blacks and Latinos. This would support the Census' claim that more blacks and Latinos are having babies than white people.

It's been keeping poor people alive.....except in the red states now, who decided "to hell with them".

It's been keeping poor people alive.....except in the red states now, who decided "to hell with them".
LOL No it hasnt

Forum List

Back