🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you Support Planned Parenthood?

Where does it say anything about breeding the black race out of existence or anything about the different races?

“To create a race of thoroughbreds . . .”
This remark, again attributed originally to Sanger, was made by Dr. Edward A. Kempf and has been cited out of context and with distorted meaning. Dr. Kempf, a progressive physician, was actually arguing for state endowment of maternal and infant care clinics.

In her book The Pivot of Civilization, Sanger quoted Dr. Kempf's argument about how environment may improve human excellence:

Society must make life worth the living and the refining for the individual by conditioning him to love and to seek the love-object in a manner that reflects a constructive effect upon his fellow-men and by giving him suitable opportunities. The virility of the automatic apparatus is destroyed by excessive gormandizing or hunger, by excessive wealth or poverty, by excessive work or idleness, by sexual abuse or intolerant prudishness. The noblest and most difficult art of all is the raising of human thoroughbreds (Sanger, 1922 [1969]).

It was in this spirit that Sanger used the phrase, "Birth Control: To Create a Race of Thoroughbreds," as a banner on the November 1921 issue of the Birth Control Review. (Differing slogans on the theme of voluntary family planning sometimes appeared under the title of The Review, e.g., "Dedicated to the Cause of Voluntary Motherhood," January 1928.)

That is directly from Planed Parenthood's own site.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/PPFA/OppositionClaimsAboutMargaretSanger.pdf

Which race do you think she was talking about?

"Sanger recognized that elements within the black community might mistakenly associate the Negro Project with racist sterilization campaigns in the Jim Crow South, unless clergy and other community leaders spread the word that the Project had a humanitarian aim."

Bolded...the interpretation of New York University's Margaret Sanger Papers Project.

Project History and Purpose

The Margaret Sanger Papers Project is a historical editing project sponsored by the Department of History at New York University. The Project was formed by Dr. Esther Katz in 1985 to locate, arrange, edit, research, and publish the papers of the noted birth control pioneer.
. About | Margaret Sanger Papers Project

I don't need her words interpreted for me.

No, but you need the whole quote and the context in which it was made - most particularly the historical context and the lack of any other material indicating a desire for genocide or extermination.

It's easy to snip out quotes and distort them. Of course, some prefer that to truth.

Liberals distort like that all the time they say no descri ination can stand ever.....and are ver millitant about it, no excuses or exceptions to progressives

Based on your tidbit it can also be reasonably argued her name is not on the list because her views are only representative of the race cleaning bigots the others choose not to embrace.

"The Germans are beating us at our own game."- the Richmond Times-Dispatch
You must be so proud.

Trying to clean up the history of hate and evil of PP's founder is understandable. I would try to distance myself from evil too.

So what are you trying to say here? You deliberately use erroneous and altered quotes, provide no links that indicate she was intent on racial genocide, you selectively demonize (you certainly don't damn our nations founders for their highly racist and ethically questionable attitudes) and you throw in a gratuitous reference to Hitler?
I did goof, I thought I added links to both ugly truths. The 1934 headline was from here

And I'll admit I knew finally using Hitler in its proper histrorical context to MS would annoy you. Sorry ;)

(My bold)

Yah, I've read Black - War against the weak. It's an eye-opening book, for sure. Yep, Darwin's cousin (was it?) took Darwin's ideas & applied them to society, a human construct. Yes, Hitler seized on the work that the US & British eugenicists were doing - see Black. But if Sanger was mentioned in the Black book, I didn't notice it.

Sanger was trying to get funding for birth control - she hoped to get either contacts or funding from rubbing shoulders with the eugenicists - but I don't think it worked out all that well for her. She didn't like abortion - @ the time, the outcomes of surgical interventions were much riskier for the woman.

Well, here's something Margaret Sanger, its founder, didn't want you to know.

Margaret-Sanger.jpg

Still support them? :eusa_whistle:

Read more @ Found it on Facebook: Margaret Sanger?s ultimate goal with a link to this 79% of Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinics Target Blacks, Hispanics | LifeNews.com

Did you notice your source does not link to the actual letter? There's a reason why they didn't. BECAUSE THEY TOOK THE QUOTE OUT OF CONTEXT.

Here is the full letter: http://smithlibraries.org/digital/files/original/d6358bc3053c93183295bf2df1c0c931.pdf

Sanger was concerned the Negro population would mistake her work as an attempt to exterminate Negroes, and she wanted that misperception to be allayed.

Don't be such a persistent rube!

To take Sanger out of context, and then to attempt to take that libelous bullshit and attach it to the modern day Planned Parenthood is a dishonest tactic. Is that how you play, by being a dishonest, lying rube? The ends justify the means, eh?

I do not support Planned Parenthood, but neither do I believe they should be outlawed. I am opposed, however, to public funding for PP.

I also believe the pro-life camp should start their own women's health care clinics to compete with Planned Parenthood. May the better model win.

But if you are going to build your model on lies and credulity, you will fail.

Planned Parenthood services will prevent more abortions than they perform.
Think of how much more funding they would receive if they eliminated abortions entirely from their clinics.

Abortion is legal in this country and most of the industrialized world. Planned Parenthood is counselling women on the choices they have available to them and abortion is one of those choices.
But Planned Parnethood also offers options to young, sexually active women that will prevent them from needing an abortion.....Republicans seek to block those options

Why should I pay for your sex?
Don't get me wrong, there are many good programs offered by Planned Parenthood. For instance, they offer prenatal care and pre-pregnancy health programs, both of which I fully support. However my conscience will not let me donate or even patronize Planned Parenthood as it does offer abortions. In fact it is the largest abortion provider in the country.

Planned Parenthood is the largest Provider and Promoter of Abortion in the U.S..

Margaret-Sanger.jpg

Read more @ Found it on Facebook: Margaret Sanger?s ultimate goal with a link to this 79% of Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinics Target Blacks, Hispanics | LifeNews.com
Hummmmm ...... Here are some facts about Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood: "Sanger founded the American Birth Control League in 1921, which in 1942 became part of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America."
Planned Parenthood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Considering that the American Birth Control League is 93 years old and that Planned Parenthood is 72 years old I very much doubt that Margaret Sanger's philosophy is a part of Planned Parenthood today. You are trying to pretend nothing has changed but back in 1921 and 1942 it was a completely different time and a completely different United States. Your argument here makes exactly as much sense as your argument that Blacks should support republicans because 50 years ago yada, yada, yada! Who gives a shit what they did 50 years ago? What have they done lately to help the Blacks population? Have they worked towards a jobs bill that would have helped millions of Blacks who are suffering the most? Have they worked toward increasing the minimum wage which would also help the Black population? Has the House done anything to help the Blacks or anyone other than the rich these last five years? Have republicans voted to extend SNAP benefits? Have they voted to extend unemployment insurance which would help the Black population? The answer is NO.
The real question should be about what Planned Parenthood is doing today and not what the leader thought 90 years ago. Only someone who is a stupid idiot would base their evaluation of an organization started by a person who has been dead almost 50 years. Bottom line, you are rather stupidly grasping at straws to try to throw mud and it makes you look like a fool.
The truth is that Planned Parenthood provides services to millions of American women who often could not obtain them any other way. Does it provide mammograms to women to check for breast cancer? Yes! That is a good thing. Does it provide birth control education and meds to women? Yes, and that is a good thing also because by using the meds abortions are avoided. Does it provide abortion information to women? I do not approve of abortion but my answer is yes. It is not my business to tell a women what they can or cannot do with their body. In addition to the above, Planned Parenthood also provides other medical programs that benefit women. I don't just approve of Planned Parenthood, I strongly approve of Planned Parenthood.

Last edited:

Margaret-Sanger.jpg

If we are to use racist quotes to disparage great names in history, then along with Margret Sanger we have to include Abraham Lincoln, Mohandas Gandhi, and Nelson Mandela.

Racist comments do not make the work of Margaret Sanger less important just as the racism of General George Patton does not reflect on his military accomplishments.

The fact is most people born in the late 19th century and early 20 century were definitely racist by today's standards.

sanger was a racist eugenicist scumbag dimocrap. Period.

"the most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
margaret sanger, women and the new race
(eugenics publ. Co., 1920, 1923)​

in her own words:

on blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... Human beings who never should have been born." margaret sanger, pivot of civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

on sterilization & racial purification:
sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth control in america, the career of margaret sanger, by david kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 sanger speech.

on the right of married couples to bear children:
couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "plan for peace." birth control review, april 1932

on the purpose of birth control:
the purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the birth control review, nov. 1921 (p. 2)

on the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities:
"more children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." birth control review, may 1919, p. 12

on religious convictions regarding sex outside of marriage:
"this book aims to answer the needs expressed in thousands on thousands of letters to me in the solution of marriage problems... Knowledge of sex truths frankly and plainly presented cannot possibly injure healthy, normal, young minds. Concealment, suppression, futile attempts to veil the unveilable - these work injury, as they seldom succeed and only render those who indulge in them ridiculous. For myself, i have full confidence in the cleanliness, the open-mindedness, the promise of the younger generation." margaret sanger, happiness in marriage (bretano's, new york, 1927)

on the extermination of blacks:
"we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." woman's body, woman's right: A social history of birth control in america, by linda gordon

on respecting the rights of the mentally ill:
in her "plan for peace," sanger outlined her strategy for eradication of those she deemed "feebleminded." among the steps included in her evil scheme were immigration restrictions; compulsory sterilization; segregation to a lifetime of farm work; etc. Birth control review, april 1932, p. 107

on adultery:
a woman's physical satisfaction was more important than any marriage vow, sanger believed. Birth control in america, p. 11

on marital sex:
"the marriage bed is the most degenerating influence in the social order," sanger said. (p. 23) [quite the opposite of god's view on the matter: "marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled; but whoremongers and adulterers god will judge." (hebrews 13:4)

on abortion:
"criminal' abortions arise from a perverted sex relationship under the stress of economic necessity, and their greatest frequency is among married women." the woman rebel - no gods, no masters, may 1914, vol. 1, no. 3.

on the ymca and ywca:
"...brothels of the spirit and morgues of freedom!"), the woman rebel - no gods, no masters, may 1914, vol. 1, no. 3.

on the catholic church's view of contraception:
"...enforce subjugation by turning woman into a mere incubator." the woman rebel - no gods, no masters, may 1914, vol. 1, no. 3.

on motherhood:
"i cannot refrain from saying that women must come to recognize there is some function of womanhood other than being a child-bearing machine." what every girl should know, by margaret sanger (max maisel, publisher, 1915) [jesus said: "daughters of jerusalem, weep... For your children. For, behold, the days are coming, in which they shall say, blessed (happy) are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the breasts which never gave suck." (luke 23:24)]

"the most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it." margaret sanger, women and the new race (eugenics publ. Co., 1920, 1923)
what kind of dirtbag rationalizes and justifies this kind of scum?

A scumbag dimocrap, of course.
get a fucking grip on yourself. She has been dead almost 50 years. Are you really so stupid you would believe that changes have not occurred to the planned parenthood movement in the last 50 years? Are you really that stupid?

To take Sanger out of context, and then to attempt to take that libelous bullshit and attach it to the modern day Planned Parenthood is a dishonest tactic. Is that how you play, by being a dishonest, lying rube? The ends justify the means, eh?

I do not support Planned Parenthood, but neither do I believe they should be outlawed. I am opposed, however, to public funding for PP.

I also believe the pro-life camp should start their own women's health care clinics to compete with Planned Parenthood. May the better model win.

Great catch.

It's a shame people use such tactics. Apparently they think Margaret Sanger supported abortion rights so character assignations was ok. The fact is she never approved of abortion, both because they were dangerous for the mother in the early 20th century and because she believed that life should not be terminated after conception. In her book Woman and the New Race, she wrote: "while there are cases where even the law recognizes an abortion as justifiable if recommended by a physician, I assert that the hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in America each year are a disgrace to civilization."

"the most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."

in her own words:

on blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... Human beings who never should have been born." margaret sanger, pivot of civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

on sterilization & racial purification:
sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth control in america, the career of margaret sanger, by david kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 sanger speech.

on the right of married couples to bear children:
couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "plan for peace." birth control review, april 1932

on the purpose of birth control:
the purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the birth control review, nov. 1921 (p. 2)

on the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities:
"more children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." birth control review, may 1919, p. 12

on religious convictions regarding sex outside of marriage:
"this book aims to answer the needs expressed in thousands on thousands of letters to me in the solution of marriage problems... Knowledge of sex truths frankly and plainly presented cannot possibly injure healthy, normal, young minds. Concealment, suppression, futile attempts to veil the unveilable - these work injury, as they seldom succeed and only render those who indulge in them ridiculous. For myself, i have full confidence in the cleanliness, the open-mindedness, the promise of the younger generation." margaret sanger, happiness in marriage (bretano's, new york, 1927)

on the extermination of blacks:
"we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." woman's body, woman's right: A social history of birth control in america, by linda gordon

on respecting the rights of the mentally ill:
in her "plan for peace," sanger outlined her strategy for eradication of those she deemed "feebleminded." among the steps included in her evil scheme were immigration restrictions; compulsory sterilization; segregation to a lifetime of farm work; etc. Birth control review, april 1932, p. 107

on adultery:
a woman's physical satisfaction was more important than any marriage vow, sanger believed. Birth control in america, p. 11

on marital sex:
"the marriage bed is the most degenerating influence in the social order," sanger said. (p. 23) [quite the opposite of god's view on the matter: "marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled; but whoremongers and adulterers god will judge." (hebrews 13:4)

on abortion:
"criminal' abortions arise from a perverted sex relationship under the stress of economic necessity, and their greatest frequency is among married women." the woman rebel - no gods, no masters, may 1914, vol. 1, no. 3.

on the ymca and ywca:
"...brothels of the spirit and morgues of freedom!"), the woman rebel - no gods, no masters, may 1914, vol. 1, no. 3.

on the catholic church's view of contraception:
"...enforce subjugation by turning woman into a mere incubator." the woman rebel - no gods, no masters, may 1914, vol. 1, no. 3.

on motherhood:
"i cannot refrain from saying that women must come to recognize there is some function of womanhood other than being a child-bearing machine." what every girl should know, by margaret sanger (max maisel, publisher, 1915) [jesus said: "daughters of jerusalem, weep... For your children. For, behold, the days are coming, in which they shall say, blessed (happy) are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the breasts which never gave suck." (luke 23:24)]

"the most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it." margaret sanger, women and the new race (eugenics publ. Co., 1920, 1923)

get a fucking grip on yourself. She has been dead almost 50 years. Are you really so stupid you would believe that changes have not occurred to the planned parenthood movement in the last 50 years? Are you really that stupid?
What changes are those???? Are minorities not the ones killing their babies the most?????

Do you actually want more black children being born? Be honest. Jesus is listening.

• Blacks comprise only 13% of the population of America but account for 37% of all abortions.

• Black women are five times more likely to abort than white women.

• 69% of pregnancies among Blacks are unintended, while that number is 54% among Hispanics and 40% of pregnancies among Whites.

• Planned Parenthood, the largest seller of abortions in the United States, has located 80% of its abortion clinics in minority neighborhoods, disproportionally targeting minorities for abortion.
race.jpg

Abortions In America

From that same site:
WHY WOMEN GET ABORTIONS

• Women who have never been married account for one-third of abortions in America.

• Less than 1% of all abortions take place because of rape and/or incest.

Women give an average of 3.7 reasons why they are seeking an abortion including the following:

• 21% Inadequate finances
• 21% Not ready for responsibility
• 16% Woman’s life would be changed too much
• 12% Problems with relationships, unmarried
• 11% Too young and/or immature
• 8% Children are grown; she has all she wants
• 3% Baby has possible health problems
&#8226; <1% Pregnancy caused by rape/incest
&#8226; 4% Other

Also:
religion.jpg

familyincome.jpg

in her own words:

What changes are those???? Are minorities not the ones killing their babies the most?????
I don't know. Maybe. The wealthy fly to France or Europe for a week of shopping and an abortion. It is only the poor who do not have that luxury and are forced to seek abortions in the US. Now, who are the most poor? The Blacks, Hispanics and most other minorities. Surprise! Surprise! It is the minorities who get the most abortions. I am curious, do you ever think or do you just spew your warped stupidity without giving a thought to what you post?

in her own words:

Not necessarily. It is only the minorities that you see because they cannot leave the country to have a medically safe abortion. Are you really so stupid that you think those with wealth do not seek abortions? Are you really that stupid?

Great catch.

It's a shame people use such tactics. Apparently they think Margaret Sanger supported abortion rights so character assignations was ok. The fact is she never approved of abortion, both because they were dangerous for the mother in the early 20th century and because she believed that life should not be terminated after conception. In her book Woman and the New Race, she wrote: "while there are cases where even the law recognizes an abortion as justifiable if recommended by a physician, I assert that the hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in America each year are a disgrace to civilization."

The funny thingto me is i agree with her on abortion, but she did apporve of eugenics, so you have a liberal that thought abortion was far worse than eugenics

Kinda makes the liberals nowadays look sick, escpecially the ones with the coathanger necklaces.

and she was and is among many of the progrssive racists.

The ultimate Progressive is for abortion but opposed to fossil fuels. So in a perfect, Progressive world would it be reasonable to think that aborted fetuses would be used in place of fossil fuels for America's energy needs? Heck ... it might even become posh to have lampshades made of ...

Sickening thought, I know, but don't Libs reject the idea that unborn babies are really human? So am I really that far off base?

The ultimate Progressive is for abortion but opposed to fossil fuels. So in a perfect, Progressive world would it be reasonable to think that aborted fetuses would be used in place of fossil fuels for America's energy needs? Heck ... it might even become posh to have lampshades made of ...

Sickening thought, I know, but don't Libs reject the idea that unborn babies are really human? So am I really that far off base?

Um, I don't know about lampshades, but the UK are already using fetuses in their ‘waste to energy" plant, heating the hospitals, while telling the parents of miscarried ( not intentionally aborted) babies they had cremated the remains. They did the same to intentionally aborted fetuses as well.

One of the country’s leading hospitals, Addenbrooke’s in Cambridge, incinerated 797 babies below 13 weeks gestation at their own ‘waste to energy’ plant. The mothers were told the remains had been ‘cremated.’

Another ‘waste to energy’ facility at Ipswich Hospital, operated by a private contractor, incinerated 1,101 foetal remains between 2011 and 2013.

They were brought in from another hospital before being burned, generating energy for the hospital site. Ipswich Hospital itself disposes of remains by cremation.

“This practice is totally unacceptable,” said Dr Poulter.

Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals - Telegraph

Forum List

Back