🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you support sending large U.S. ground forces to retake territory ruled by ISIS in Syria/Iraq?

Do you support sending large U.S. ground forces to retake territory ruled by ISIS in Syria/Iraq?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Too late. We need our forces HERE to deal with the pondscum that have established themselves already and are prepping to fuck with us here, in OUR land.

Are you going to send your son to police Iraq?

no just to bomb it when it becomes too dangerous
Let France and Russia do it and we can spend the money on homeland security.

These attacks in Russia and France are a great opportunity for the United States to take a step back and let other people fight the war on terrorism for a little while. We need a break

Too late. We need our forces HERE to deal with the pondscum that have established themselves already and are prepping to fuck with us here, in OUR land.

no evidence at all that we face a threat from those already here. Sorry
There are no sleeper cells in the USA? You sure about that? We catch them all the time.

Isis just said DC is next. You think they're bluffing? They don't bluff.

Really. And what was Boston? Do you think it was an overnight plan?
Wake up. Or not.

Boston was not enough to keep our forces here. We did not use the military for that!! Do you understand??

it took Trump saying he would bomb the shit out of them including their oil for US to finally get around to at leat shooting up 116 of the tankers they use to transport it....

Of course I understand. Fuck the ME. Let them blow themselves to smithereens. Our boots on the ground should on USA ground. Period.

Let France and Russia do it

it seems they don't want to dear. They want to cooperate with us and we don't need a break, we need to stay in the game and stay very very sharp in anticipation of their next move.
What do you mean Putin doesn't want to? You mean he's not really as tough as he acts?

Isis just blew up a plane of theirs. We invaded 2 countries after that happened to us.

I say yes!

Obama is correct in saying that they are doing everything they can to fight and destroy the Islamic State but with one big exception, sending in large numbers of U.S. Ground combat forces to retake the territory currently controlled by ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

ISIS territory cannot be retaken with Air Power alone. There has to be a ground army that fights them on the ground and re-establishes control of these areas. The current ground operators, the Iraqi Army along with Iraqi Shia Arab militias are somewhat weak and slow in their progress although they have had limited success. The Kurds have had limited success and continue to do so, but their numbers are small and they are poorly equipped.

Assad in Syria has his military busy fighting primarily other forces like the Free Syrian Army rather than ISIS.

Its been 18 months since ISIS in a matter of days doubled the size of its caliphate by taken large areas of Iraq. They have been pushed back gradually since then but still control large amounts of territory from which to train, plan, and begin the execution of their global terrorism. ISIS thrives in territory they control and it attracts recruits from around the world giving new recruits and easy area to find and get to. The survival of the caliphate, control of large areas of Iraq and Syria makes it look successful and attractive to potential recruits around the world.

There is a chance that Obama's plan of using relatively weak local forces on the ground and U.S. airpower will eventually work, but it will take a long time. U.S. ground forces could achieve the same objective in much shorter time there by saving thousands of lives and protecting U.S. and international security.

Over the past two weeks ISIS has killed 225 Russians on airplane, attacked and killed 130 people in Paris and wounded 350 there, and blown up 50 people in a well guarded area of Beirut. Obama's plan at the current pace could take years. How many of these types of attacks is the world willing to endure while it waits for Obama's plan to work. Large U.S. ground forces could retake this territory in weeks and place it under the control of friendly forces which would end the caliphate and heavily reduce the probability of future global terrorist attacks and lead to a sharp decline in ISIS ability to recruit and train new fighters.

In my view, large ground forces what is needed and they were used and worked in Afghanistan and Iraq. Obama ramped up US involvement in Afghanistan in 2009 from 35,000 to 100,000 with what I feel were good results. Its frustrating to see him not do the same to take on a worse threat than Al Quada has been.

I think Obama's plan will eventually work, the question is what price innocent civilians around the world will have to pay while we wait or it to work. There is another option, large U.S. ground forces to take back control of these ISIS areas and it could be accomplished in a matter of weeks after the forces get there. It would be much faster and potentially save thousands of innocent civilian lives around the world.

Hell NO!

Of course Assad first have to take out Free Syrian Army, and thats not because he likes ISIS better, it is because thats what west want to replace him with!!!

Don't you see, everybody making their moves.

Be smart guys, just give Assad what he needs, he will take em out for you, and the torture ISIS will face at the end is a bonus.

But of course, if ISIS is your primary objective.... if you know what i mean..........

Really. And what was Boston? Do you think it was an overnight plan?
Wake up. Or not.

More or less, yeah. Did you notice how they had no idea what to do with themselves afterward?

it took Trump saying he would bomb the shit out of them including their oil for US to finally get around to at leat shooting up 116 of the tankers they use to transport it....

yes and even then they leafletted the tankers to let the drives get away?? Does any body understand why all 1000 trucks and drivers were not killed a year ago???

There are no sleeper cells in the USA?

I'm sure there are put based on activity to date we don't need to keep our military here to deal with it. ISIS would love that!!
Isis actually wants boots on the ground in the middle East. So they can kill us. Are the experts wrong about that? I've heard generals say it.
ISIS does say that. We can do it all from the air so troops would be silly.

There are no sleeper cells in the USA?

I'm sure there are put based on activity to date we don't need to keep our military here to deal with it. ISIS would love that!!
Isis actually wants boots on the ground in the middle East. So they can kill us. Are the experts wrong about that? I've heard generals say it.

Of course they want boots on the ground, but not because they want to kill you, it is because they want you to kill Assad and wipe out his army and regime, so there is a power vacuum for them to thrive on.....

Forum List

Back