🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you support sending large U.S. ground forces to retake territory ruled by ISIS in Syria/Iraq?

Do you support sending large U.S. ground forces to retake territory ruled by ISIS in Syria/Iraq?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wapo tells Obama to grow up. Things are going south for the Boy King. Putin calls him a child. The games over...

WaPo to Obama: Grow up « Hot Air
Maybe you should run Putin vs. Hillary.

I'd have to choose Putin...sad but true
That says a lot about how much you're brainwashed.

What you posted speaks volumes about your brainwashing....now run along sealydodo. I don't take you serious and never will

The combined armies of the neighboring Arabic countries totals 5 million. They should take out ISIS. Before long they won't have any choice.

The combined armies of the neighboring Arabic countries totals 5 million. They should take out ISIS. Before long they won't have any choice.
Why doesn't Smith and Wesson colt Remington cva glock all go start franchises in the middle East?

If we truly believe the crap we say about guns, send guns not troops.

I say yes!

Obama is correct in saying that they are doing everything they can to fight and destroy the Islamic State but with one big exception, sending in large numbers of U.S. Ground combat forces to retake the territory currently controlled by ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

ISIS territory cannot be retaken with Air Power alone. There has to be a ground army that fights them on the ground and re-establishes control of these areas. The current ground operators, the Iraqi Army along with Iraqi Shia Arab militias are somewhat weak and slow in their progress although they have had limited success. The Kurds have had limited success and continue to do so, but their numbers are small and they are poorly equipped.

Assad in Syria has his military busy fighting primarily other forces like the Free Syrian Army rather than ISIS.

Its been 18 months since ISIS in a matter of days doubled the size of its caliphate by taken large areas of Iraq. They have been pushed back gradually since then but still control large amounts of territory from which to train, plan, and begin the execution of their global terrorism. ISIS thrives in territory they control and it attracts recruits from around the world giving new recruits and easy area to find and get to. The survival of the caliphate, control of large areas of Iraq and Syria makes it look successful and attractive to potential recruits around the world.

There is a chance that Obama's plan of using relatively weak local forces on the ground and U.S. airpower will eventually work, but it will take a long time. U.S. ground forces could achieve the same objective in much shorter time there by saving thousands of lives and protecting U.S. and international security.

Over the past two weeks ISIS has killed 225 Russians on airplane, attacked and killed 130 people in Paris and wounded 350 there, and blown up 50 people in a well guarded area of Beirut. Obama's plan at the current pace could take years. How many of these types of attacks is the world willing to endure while it waits for Obama's plan to work. Large U.S. ground forces could retake this territory in weeks and place it under the control of friendly forces which would end the caliphate and heavily reduce the probability of future global terrorist attacks and lead to a sharp decline in ISIS ability to recruit and train new fighters.

In my view, large ground forces what is needed and they were used and worked in Afghanistan and Iraq. Obama ramped up US involvement in Afghanistan in 2009 from 35,000 to 100,000 with what I feel were good results. Its frustrating to see him not do the same to take on a worse threat than Al Quada has been.

I think Obama's plan will eventually work, the question is what price innocent civilians around the world will have to pay while we wait or it to work. There is another option, large U.S. ground forces to take back control of these ISIS areas and it could be accomplished in a matter of weeks after the forces get there. It would be much faster and potentially save thousands of innocent civilian lives around the world.

Check out this web site and the calculations as to "how many " ground troops would be required.
How Many Fighters Does the Islamic State Really Have? - War on the Rocks
The fact that U.S. intelligence estimates of ISIL’s force size are too low becomes evident when one considers the group’s current Iraq holdings,
along with their population size:
  • Mosul, Hamdaniya, Tal Afar, al-Hadar and Ba’aj districts of Ninawa (population 1,984,829, reduced to around 1,484,829 due to the reported flight of 500,000)
  • Al-Dibs, Daquq, and Hawija districts of Kirkuk (525,758)
  • Al-Qa’im, Rutba, Anah, Hit, and Falluja districts of Anbar (1,767,686, likely reduced to 1,587,686 due to the reported flight of 180,000 from Hit)
  • Al-Sharqat, Tikrit, and Dawr districts of Salahaddin (367,244)
In Iraq, that’s a population of 3,965,517 to 4,645,517 that ISIL has to control—about twice the size of the group’s Syria holdings.
And these territorial holdings come on top of multiple ISIL contingents that maintain their own logistics and support personnel, and that are capable of carrying out battalion-sized offensive operations, including the al-Sarim al-Battar, al-Aqsa, Grozny, Sarajevo, Yarmuk, Jalut, Dawud, Jabal, Saiqa, Zilzal, al-Qa’qa, Hitin, and al-Qadisiyah battalions. (Note that “battalion” does not mean the same thing for ISIL as it does for U.S. forces: ISIL’s battalions are not as large.) With these factors in mind, Hisham al-Hashimi’s estimate of ISIL having 100,000 men under arms appears plausible. Further, if one takes into account ISIL’s establishment of multiple security bodies and the mass conscription it has imposed in Raqqa, Ninawa, and western Anbar, the overall Kurdish estimate of 200,000 men may be plausible as well.

I say yes!

Obama is correct in saying that they are doing everything they can to fight and destroy the Islamic State but with one big exception, sending in large numbers of U.S. Ground combat forces to retake the territory currently controlled by ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

ISIS territory cannot be retaken with Air Power alone. There has to be a ground army that fights them on the ground and re-establishes control of these areas. The current ground operators, the Iraqi Army along with Iraqi Shia Arab militias are somewhat weak and slow in their progress although they have had limited success. The Kurds have had limited success and continue to do so, but their numbers are small and they are poorly equipped.

Assad in Syria has his military busy fighting primarily other forces like the Free Syrian Army rather than ISIS.

Its been 18 months since ISIS in a matter of days doubled the size of its caliphate by taken large areas of Iraq. They have been pushed back gradually since then but still control large amounts of territory from which to train, plan, and begin the execution of their global terrorism. ISIS thrives in territory they control and it attracts recruits from around the world giving new recruits and easy area to find and get to. The survival of the caliphate, control of large areas of Iraq and Syria makes it look successful and attractive to potential recruits around the world.

There is a chance that Obama's plan of using relatively weak local forces on the ground and U.S. airpower will eventually work, but it will take a long time. U.S. ground forces could achieve the same objective in much shorter time there by saving thousands of lives and protecting U.S. and international security.

Over the past two weeks ISIS has killed 225 Russians on airplane, attacked and killed 130 people in Paris and wounded 350 there, and blown up 50 people in a well guarded area of Beirut. Obama's plan at the current pace could take years. How many of these types of attacks is the world willing to endure while it waits for Obama's plan to work. Large U.S. ground forces could retake this territory in weeks and place it under the control of friendly forces which would end the caliphate and heavily reduce the probability of future global terrorist attacks and lead to a sharp decline in ISIS ability to recruit and train new fighters.

In my view, large ground forces what is needed and they were used and worked in Afghanistan and Iraq. Obama ramped up US involvement in Afghanistan in 2009 from 35,000 to 100,000 with what I feel were good results. Its frustrating to see him not do the same to take on a worse threat than Al Quada has been.

I think Obama's plan will eventually work, the question is what price innocent civilians around the world will have to pay while we wait or it to work. There is another option, large U.S. ground forces to take back control of these ISIS areas and it could be accomplished in a matter of weeks after the forces get there. It would be much faster and potentially save thousands of innocent civilian lives around the world.

That is very easy for you to say. My answer is No...Are you willing to send your sons and daughters to the front lines? Countries in that region has enough man power to fight ISIS. So let them do the fighting with our support which is Obama strategy. Even most of the GOP presidential candidates agree with Obama.

GOP presidential candidates assail Obama's ISIS plan, but their ideas sound similar

I say yes!

Nope, we should destroy all power stations and distribution lines, then any building with lights, we bomb. We get radio transmissions form any building, we bomb. They want to live in the 7th century let's help'm out, and take away their command and control while we're at it.

Only if we intend to keep any such territory permanently.

Wapo tells Obama to grow up. Things are going south for the Boy King. Putin calls him a child. The games over...

Coming from you it's not a surprise. I know you will also pick Sadam Husein than your fellow American.
Even I would pick bush over Putin. Republicans just suck.

Coming from you it's not a surprise. I know you will also pick Sadam Husein than your fellow American.

Can't he's dead....Dubya made sure of that :)

It's a complete shocker Dubya didn't let him Sadam Husein go like he did all the other bad guys. Probably because Sadam tried to kill his Daddy.

Obama killed 5 times more Terrorist & Evil Dictators in his first term than the Bush's did in 3 terms.

It's a complete shocker Dubya didn't let him Sadam Husein go like he did all the other bad guys. Probably because Sadam tried to kill his Daddy.

Obama killed 5 times more Terrorist & Evil Dictators in his first term than the Bush's did in 3 terms.

BS, now run along nobody

BS, now run along nobody
:crybaby::(:crybaby::(:crybaby::(:crybaby:
Thank you for admitting defeat!

BS, now run along nobody

Admit defeat? You post some BS w/o anything to back it up. That's not winning, moron. Now run along, you're insignificant

BS, now run along nobody

Admit defeat? You post some BS w/o anything to back it up. That's not winning, moron. Now run along, you're insignificant
How many Dictators & Actual Terrorist did Bush Kill? :lol:

Forum List

Back