Do you talk about politics outside of this forum?

Yep...

Live in Ireland, we talk about politics all the time... Everything from local, national (Ireland), EU, Britain, US and other countries.... It is in the culture to talk about politics regularly and have a good discussion/arguement, but not to get angry.

IMHO, It makes thinks far more healthy, to be able to discuss like adults about subjects. And don't worry, you be factchecked on the spot (phone out and google)...

Not talking about thinks regularly leads people to go down their rabbit hole too much. You can see it on this forum, X can't be wrong because I believe in X. Lost the ability to discuss reasonably.

To not be able to discuss reasonably would mean you are not taken seriously and your opinion would be politely ignored.
Never Mind, and You Will Never Matter

I have a brother in law like that. But he is in north Texas.
I have nothing against Christmas. But my uncles and aunts that come with their families always try to dish up some religious nonsense around the Christmas Holidays.
For stupid reason, they can't just leave that stuff at the door. For at least, for a few days...

Do people talk about politics outside of a forum like this one?

Like in real life when you are with your friends or family.

We had dinner last night with 3 other couples at one of their houses and never once in 3 or so hours did anything to do with politics come up.

I golf with a very good friend whom I know supports Trump but we have never once talked about politics.

I cannot remember the last time I did outside of this forum.
I have discussions with my dog. She's for Harris.

So...you're saying you harang your kids and relatives around the dinner table? SOunds like fun I guess???
Thank GOD we don’t have a lib in the family so the discussions are never really debates.
We’re all pretty brave, pretty confident in our positions, in this politically polarized era we don’t see the point in pretending politics aren’t worth talking about. If you can’t talk politics with family something might be wrong with you or the family…you probably shouldn’t talk politics with anyone.

Last edited:
I have nothing against Christmas. But my uncles and aunts that come with their families always try to dish up some religious nonsense around the Christmas Holidays.
For stupid reason, they can't just leave that stuff at the door. For at least, for a few days...
:) We're just happy when the out of town kids can make it in. They are driving across Yankee Land to Princeton Sunday.

Do you always look for a POTUS to act as your father figure / mentor / pastor / best friend?
See, most of us already have those things. We elect Presidents for their policies.

She does not care for them either.

Thank GOD we don’t have a lib in the family so the discussions are never really debates.
We’re all pretty brave, pretty confident in our positions, in this politically polarized era we don’t see the point in pretending politics aren’t worth talking about. If you can’t talk politics with family something might be wrong with you or the family…you probably should talk politics with anyone.
Well I am glad you can do that with your family. Dad and I would talk when he was alive.

:) We're just happy when the out of town kids can make it in. They are driving across Yankee Land to Princeton Sunday.
The sad part is, everytime a member of the family or friend mentions something about "Christ" or how Christmas started...one of my uncles will mention that California is trying to ban Christmas...(I don't know if that was true...or a rumor)

Most of all, they say that in front of the kids - who really do believe that Santa (I mean, Satan) exists. Lol

So...you're saying you harang your kids and relatives around the dinner table? SOunds like fun I guess???

You have to remember, his children are both girls and they were taught from birth they are inferior to men and sub-human.

They would never dare to disagree, publicly, with their father. They and their mother exist only to serve men.

Do people talk about politics outside of a forum like this one?

Like in real life when you are with your friends or family.

We had dinner last night with 3 other couples at one of their houses and never once in 3 or so hours did anything to do with politics come up.

I golf with a very good friend whom I know supports Trump but we have never once talked about politics.

I cannot remember the last time I did outside of this forum.

Not really. Politics tends to be a divisive topic. And I get along with pretty much everyone.

The sad part is, everytime a member of the family or friend mentions something about "Christ" or how Christmas started...one of my uncles will mention that California is trying to ban Christmas...(I don't know if that was true...or a rumor)
Tell him no, they are just trying to ban uncles. :p

You have to remember, his children are both girls and they were taught from birth they are inferior to men and sub-human.

They would never dare to disagree, publicly, with their father. They and their mother exist only to serve men.
I raised the Daughter to be fierce. I succeeded far too well. :hyper:
The Boy cares about math, not politics.

There it is again…more lies, deceit and disingenuous bullshit.
See Zincwarrior this is how the insults begin. I have Harps backed into a corner and now he has to rationally articulate his position but he knows he can’t so he says silly shit hoping to blow the discussion off the tracks.
Typical lib shit.
My THREE daughters and my wife are very old-fashion minded, they are biblically minded, they believe the man is the leader of the household, they believe men have duties that women cannot and or should not have, they believe women should focus more on raising and caring for the family and less on careers and monetary gains.
Somehow, because my daughters didn’t choose to be purple hair butch feminazis Harpy has turned that into “their father has brainwashed them into believing less of themselves.”
Typical leftist shit….”agree with me or SHUT UP…if you don’t shut up l’ll lie about you.”

Tell him no, they are just trying to ban uncles. :p

I raised the Daughter to be fierce. I succeeded far too well. :hyper:
The Boy cares about math, not politics.

As did we, fierce and independent. And she is that and far more.

Ours is more into politics than I am, but he pays more attention to the rest of the world than the US.
Seeking clarity…..“Fierce” and progressive at top of image, passive and regressive below….Right fellas?
IMG_8515.jpeg

Somehow, because my daughters didn’t choose to be purple hair butch feminazis Harpy has turned that into “their father has brainwashed them into believing less of themselves.”
In undergrad, my Daughter was interning at a school helping at risk kids (elementary). Every week she would dye her hair a different color and the kids would get a prizes for which anime character she was being that week.
I want to say her hair was French Royal Blue when she met her beau.

My THREE daughters and my wife are very old-fashion minded, they are biblically minded, they believe the man is the leader of the household, they believe men have duties that women cannot and or should not have, they believe women should focus more on raising and caring for the family and less on careers and monetary gains.
They must be young and have not gone to school yet if they are still at home. Enjoy the time with them while you can.

Forum List

Back