Do you think an AR 15 is like a Swiss Army knife?

Usually a Mass Shooting is done by 1 or 2 people , not a mob.

Except for this..........

The muslim terrorist in Nice, France used a truck....and killed 86 people and wounded 435 in 5 minutes of driving......

Killed in mass public shootings by year.....majority using hand guns....

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)

The gun is used in Mass Shootings, a knife can only kill one person at a time and you have to be close to him/her.
And? A car can only be driven by one person but a wreck can cause multiple deaths-
We have numerous mass shootings and they can be prevented.

Yes...they can be prevented...we need to end gun free zones and allow normal Americans to carry guns into these public spaces...

We know from actual research that mass public shooters target gun free zones....and we know that the sooner you get someone shooting at the attacker, they stop shooting, commit suicide, surrender or run away.....

There have been 48 mass shootings since 2004 and only 13 of those used semi auto rifles.

There were more mass shootings across the U.S. in 2019 than there were days in the year, according to a gun violence research group. 2019 had the highest number of mass shootings in any year since the research group started keeping track.

By the end of 2019, there were 417 mass shootings in the U.S., according to data from the nonprofit Gun Violence Archive (GVA), which tracks every mass shooting in the country. Thirty-one of those shttps://www.cbsnews.com/news/mass-shootings-2019-more-than-days-365/hootings were mass murders.

Wrong......you and your source are lying.......the gun violence research group adds in gang violence to inflate their number...

The accurate number for mass public shootings.....is from Mother Jones...don't worry, they are also left wing, and anti-gun extremists.....

And Knives are used to kill more people every single year than are killed in mass public shootings each year...ban knives...

US mass shootings, 1982–2021: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Dating back to at least 2005, the FBI and leading criminologists essentially defined a mass shooting as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed. We adopted that baseline for fatalities when we gathered data in 2012 on three decades worth of cases.
-------

• Here is a description of the criteria we use:
    • The perpetrator took the lives of at least four people. A 2008 FBI report identifies an individual as a mass murderer—versus a spree killer or a serial killer—if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location. (*In 2013, the US government’s fatality baseline was revised down to three; our database reflects this change beginning from Jan. 2013, as detailed above.)
    • The killings were carried out by a lone shooter. (Except in the case of the Columbine massacre and the Westside Middle School killings, which involved two shooters.)
    • The shootings occurred in a public place. (Except in the case of a party on private property in Crandon, Wisconsin, and another in Seattle, where crowds of strangers had gathered, essentially constituting a public crowd.)
    • Crimes primarily related to gang activity or armed robbery are not included, nor are mass killings that took place in private homes (often stemming from domestic violence).
    • Perpetrators who died or were wounded during the attack are not included in the victim tallies.
    • We included a handful of cases also known as “spree killings“—cases in which the killings occurred in more than one location, but still over a short period of time, that otherwise fit the above criteria.
    • ----------------------
Our research focused on indiscriminate rampages in public places resulting in four or more victims killed by the attacker.

We exclude shootings stemming from more conventionally motivated crimes such as armed robbery or gang violence.

(Or in which the perpetrators have not been identified.) Other news outlets and researchers have since published larger tallies that include a wide range of gun crimes in which four or more people have been either wounded or killed. While those larger datasets of multiple-victim shootings are useful for studying the broader problem of gun violence, our investigation provides an in-depth look at a distinct phenomenon—from the firearms used and mental health factors to the growing copycat problem. Tracking mass shootings is complex; we believe ours is the most useful approach for studying this specific phenomenon.

Total murders by mass public shooters...1982-2017

knife murders.....2009-2013.....

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956
Rifle murder....

2009---351
2010---367
2011---332
2012---298
2013---285

---------
The actual number of mass shootings from Mother Jones......

Here you go...the number of mass public shootings according to Mother Jones...rabid, anti gun, left wing news source.....not the NRA...

The list below comes from the old definition of 4 killed to make a shooting a mass shooting...if you now go to the link there are more than listed below...but that is because Mother Jones changed the list from the time I first posted it...and changed to obama's new standard of only 3 dead to make a mass shooting...

I have put obama's updated number in parenthesis..........

we will see....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

U

We have numerous mass shootings and they can be prevented.
We have millions of drivers and more laws than can be counted and people still die in car wrecks-
You can ban semi assault weapons but you can't ban vehicles. Also vehicles have laws that you need to abide by.

Gun Deaths Outpace Motor Vehicle Deaths in 21 States and the District of Columbia in 2014

Gun Deaths Outpace Motor Vehicle Deaths in 21 States and the District of Columbia in 2014

This is a lie.

You and whatever source you use but did not link to added suicides into the number and even then, it isn't even close....

And Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop brutal rapes, beatings, robberies and murders.....according to the Centers for Disease Control...

Of course not – the comparison is idiotic.

And whining about ‘the media’ is likewise ridiculous.

Benitez knew his decision would be overturned so he abandoned judicial decorum and issued a personal, subjective opinion, aware that it wouldn’t survive appeal.

All Benitez had to do was cite Miller, as reaffirmed in Heller, that weapons are either dangerous and unusual, and not entitled to Constitutional protections, or in common use and within the scope of the Second Amendment – and that the AR 15 fell into the latter category.

Benitez knew his decision would be overturned so he abandoned judicial decorum and issued a personal, subjective opinion, aware that it wouldn’t survive appeal.

All Benitez had to do was cite Miller, as reaffirmed in Heller, that weapons are either dangerous and unusual, and not entitled to Constitutional protections, or in common use and within the scope of the Second Amendment – and that the AR 15 fell into the latter category.

Are you vaccinated?

Are you vaccinated?

You can't vaccinate against stupid....

Are you vaccinated?

You and others on the right alone exhibit stupidity – and ignorance.

You’re truly clueless as to the process and incapable of meaningful discussion, typical of most conservatives.

All the whining, lies, and political nonsense isn’t going to get a state’s AWB overturned by the Supreme Court.

The 9th Circuit will no doubt invalidate this ruling – that means all the courts of appeal will be in agreement with regard to state AWBs, in that they’ve upheld the bans.

The Supreme Court is not going to hear an AWB case with all the lower courts in agreement on the issue.

If a state AWB were ever to get to the Supreme Court it would be invalidated, and appropriately so – but the heavy lift is getting the Court to hear such a case in the first place.

And conservatives whining, lying, and being dishonest about AWBs clearly won’t be beneficial.

Penelope You are entitled to your opinion but since you are both extremely biased, and extremely ignorant, your opinion is not worth shit.

We know what it is you want, and the answer is "No."

Conversation's over.

Go away and quit pestering us with this silly shit now, woman.
Wow, what a self-important dick-wad you are.
I'm tired of being told I have to treat childish morons as anything but the childish morons they are.

I'm not obligated to come down to your dumb ass, you raise yourself up to me, to converse on my level on a subject, or you fuck off back to wherever you came from.
I'm also not obligated to even discuss the removal of my basic rights as a man, and anyone who wants to talk about that, can just take their ass on down the road; it's not up for discussion.
I think I mentioned you being a bit self-important?

Yeah I was wrong. You're way more than a little bit self-important.

And I'm pretty sure you can't call anyone else a childish moron after the last few posts.
Well, I am more important than her, and you too, for that matter.

BFYTW
why because you are both men, and I'm a female. ( my basic rights as a man).

Hum, I have the same basic rights as you have, same exact basic rights.
So as long as you have a choice to do what you want with your body, we men should have a right to a choice of what weapons we purchase....

Are you vaccinated?

well you can, but that vaccination was developed by Margaret Sanger to prevent weeds of humanity. Got to love that girl....<SARCASM>

Penelope You are entitled to your opinion but since you are both extremely biased, and extremely ignorant, your opinion is not worth shit.

Conversation's over.

I'm tired of being told I have to treat childish morons as anything but the childish morons they are.

I'm not obligated to come down to your dumb ass, you raise yourself up to me, to converse on my level on a subject, or you fuck off back to wherever you came from.
I'm also not obligated to even discuss the removal of my basic rights as a man, and anyone who wants to talk about that, can just take their ass on down the road; it's not up for discussion.

And I'm pretty sure you can't call anyone else a childish moron after the last few posts.

BFYTW

So as long as you have a choice to do what you want with your body, we men should have a right to a choice of what weapons we purchase....
As if on cue – more idiocy from the right.

Conversation's over.

BFYTW
Ah, you've moved beyond self-important and into delusions of grandeur.

Enjoy your fantasy world.

Conversation's over.

And you're welcome.
My advice always is.
If you really think that, it says a lot about you.

If you don't, it still says a lot about you.

None of it good, btw.
Say's the moron who was just telling me how important he is.

What a dumbass.

Last edited:

Conversation's over.

BFYTW

You have the right to make me a sandwich, too.

Get to work, please...... it would give me a reason to like you.

;)

You're a virgin, aren't you.

Conversation's over.

BFYTW

What fresh stupidity is this?

Conversation's over.

BFYTW

When did the ability to understand reality and function as an adult in the world become "delusions of grandeur"?

You are speaking in support of someone who supports the banning of firearms, which is both a denial of basic human rights, and not actually possible in the real world...... and I'm the one in a fantasy world???

:auiqs.jpg:

More people are killed by handguns per year. The Assault weapons bans are a political ploy used by democrats to win votes Its symbolic.We need no blanket bans , or infringements on our 2nd amendment rights.!
Democrats need to drop the Gun control issue. Its costing them votes. Many voters are Republicans now because of this issue.

Conversation's over.

And you're welcome.
My advice always is.
If you really think that, it says a lot about you.

If you don't, it still says a lot about you.

None of it good, btw.
Say's the moron who was just telling me how important he is.

What a dumbass.
Everyone who doesn't advocate for silly shit is more important than you, I'm not claiming to be special, lol.

Silly fucker..... (smh)

Conversation's over.

BFYTW

You have the right to make me a sandwich, too.

Get to work, please...... it would give me a reason to like you.

;)

You're a virgin, aren't you.

LOLOLOLOL...... weak.

Conversation's over.

BFYTW

When did the ability to understand reality and function as an adult in the world become "delusions of grandeur"?

You are speaking in support of someone who supports the banning of firearms, which is both a denial of basic human rights, and not actually possible in the real world...... and I'm the one in a fantasy world???

See, there ya go. Basic human rights ≠ guns.

Forum List

Back