CDZ Do you think that a revolution or uprising in America is inevitable in the future? Or incredibly unl

• A balanced budget amendment
  • A redefinition of the General Welfare Clause (the original view was the federal government could not spend money on any topic within the jurisdiction of the states)
  • A redefinition of the Commerce Clause (the original view was that Congress was granted a narrow and exclusive power to regulate shipments across state lines–not all the economic activity of the nation)
  • A prohibition of using international treaties and law to govern the domestic law of the United States
  • A limitation on using Executive Orders and federal regulations to enact laws (since Congress is supposed to be the exclusive agency to enact laws)
  • Imposing term limits on Congress and the Supreme Court
  • Placing an upper limit on federal taxation
  • Requiring the sunset of all existing federal taxes and a super-majority vote to replace them with new, fairer taxes
  • The Strategy - Convention of States
Seriously? You won't see it.

here is my outline of a new constitution that focuses on less ideological changes Outline of a new Constitution US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum tho I like a number of the above

• A redefinition of the General Welfare Clause (the original view was the federal government could not spend money on any topic within the jurisdiction of the states)
  • A redefinition of the Commerce Clause (the original view was that Congress was granted a narrow and exclusive power to regulate shipments across state lines–not all the economic activity of the nation)
  • A prohibition of using international treaties and law to govern the domestic law of the United States
  • A limitation on using Executive Orders and federal regulations to enact laws (since Congress is supposed to be the exclusive agency to enact laws)
  • Requiring the sunset of all existing federal taxes and a super-majority vote to replace them with new, fairer taxes

here is my outline of a new constitution that focuses on less ideological changes Outline of a new Constitution US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum tho I like a number of the above

You can't justify getting rid of the current Constitution.

My thoughts are so clear and simple:
Given the state of the economy, the growing disparity of wealth, joblessness, and increasing negative views of the government, do you think it will hit a breaking point where Americans decide to revolt and overthrow the government/wealthy elite?
Or is that more likely an extreme scenario that will never happen?
Your opinion of the future of America's state of affairs?
american20uprising400.jpg

America's best days are ahead of us. No revolt for another 50-80 years at the bare minimum. Too many have had it too well for too long to not keep it going.

"Well, you pontificate and I'm not sure how serious you are about it."

"express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic."

Plain English.

Clean debate zone means what? Enter at our own risk, since this zone is a place where people choose character assassination as a routine method of counterfeiting debate.

Debate, in English, is meaningful for those who define the meaning of debate a certain way, such as a definition whereby the topic of debate is spelled out in English, and the topic of debate is expressly not an opportunity to change the subject from the topic of debate and change the subject to character assassination.

"Do you think that a revolution or uprising in America is inevitable in the future?"

There is much more to revolution, as a well established process, than merely thinking about it. Another recent example of revolutionary thinking, and revolutionary actions done by many individuals, are the events that became known as the Ron Paul rEvolution.

Good, productive, mutually beneficial, revolutionary ideas, such as liberty, and rule of law as the means of defending Liberty, are never fully censored, although many have succeeding in changing the subject from revolutionary ideas to their own personal interests or vendettas.

There would be no such ratification however, and the Constitution is silent as to how the delegates are selected, and how many delegates there will be. So that is left to the states. As I indicated, there is nothing in the Virginia Constitution which says how this will handled, though we are one state which has requested a convention. New Mexico apparently will use members of the existing state legislature. The decision as to the method of selecting delegates will be in the hands of the politicians. I strongly suspect those delegates will be those politicians.

My own take is people are making the mistake of thinking the problems in our society are the result of the system. That really isn't true. The problem is that the system is run by human beings who act like human beings. Change the system, you still have the same human beings. "Meet the new boss. Just like the old boss."

No, I disagree, some systems magnify problems of "human beings acting like human beings" ....as Our currently system does.

The politicians should take instruction from the way it was done in the past. The public will way in heavily no matter what methods are chosen..and in something so important I believe the politicians would be suicidal to ignore them.

The politicians do not live in the past and they will act in accordance with current conditions. The public may well weigh in, but to think they will weigh on one side more than another is simply not true. This country does not have a majority on any significant issue that would call for an amendment. So the politicians will do what they see as their own best interest, and that does not include limiting their own authority.

That there will be a convention is unlikely. If there is, it is even more unlikely they will actually pass an amendment. Far more likely they will just point fingers at each for failing to do anything. If they do pass an amendment, there is no chance at all it will have any significant impact on how we do business.

Youre kind of a Debbie-downer arent you...Sadly I think your largely right ......I think tho that the excitement will generate attention and the self-interested element will be lessened.

I have to accept that appraisal. Though I prefer "cynic", it just sounds more manly. There has been a call for a convention since the 70's. How's the excitement level so far?
lol, well things keep getting worse with our governance and I think people understand that. More people want one...once/ if we get one the excitement level will skyrocket.

What makes you think more people want one?

Given the state of the economy, the growing disparity of wealth, joblessness, and increasing negative views of the government, do you think it will hit a breaking point where Americans decide to revolt and overthrow the government/wealthy elite?

America's best days are ahead of us. No revolt for another 50-80 years at the bare minimum. Too many have had it too well for too long to not keep it going.

That's my take. We are living in a period of unprecedented personal liberty. So much so I think we are getting spoiled and see a rain shower as a hurricane.

I oppose all of those. How do you plan on getting a 75% majority?

IMO, yes. Here's why:
1. The collapse of the dollar. It is not as bad as some, but it has no basis to justify the QEs.
2. The embrace of the Great Fiction. Too many people believe that govt can enable them to live off of everybody else. As producers are outnumbered by moochers & looters, & simply printing more money doesn't fool anyone, the inner cities will become war zones.. police will not be able to keep order, the ebt cards will work, but no one with goods will take them.
3. The working man will tire of supporting the hordes of deadbeats.. from welfare queens to bureaucrats. There will be a tax revolt, & the printing presses will just print paper.
4. The rest of the world is on the verge of economic collapse, too, because all the other major currencies are worse than the dollar. International trade will screech to a halt, as no one will want to take any of the fiat currencies for their goods.
5. More govt theft. Americans are an unruly lot, & they will eventually revolt from the constant plundering of the working man. this is a precursor to #3.
6. Local govts begin to go bankrupt. the feds won't be able to print their way out of the massive debt of the states & cities, from all the absurd fiscal policies of the progressives. Without a valid currency to bail out the corrupt & wasteful liberal cities, they will become urban wastelands, resembling mad max more than miracle on 34th street.

Oh, there are a lot more, but these are pretty obvious. I would also add war, & perhaps a nuclear event that can trigger the mass hysteria & currency collapse. But don't worry about it.. have a cookie.

"Well, you pontificate and I'm not sure how serious you are about it."

"express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic."

Plain English.

Clean debate zone means what? Enter at our own risk, since this zone is a place where people choose character assassination as a routine method of counterfeiting debate.

Debate, in English, is meaningful for those who define the meaning of debate a certain way, such as a definition whereby the topic of debate is spelled out in English, and the topic of debate is expressly not an opportunity to change the subject from the topic of debate and change the subject to character assassination.

"Do you think that a revolution or uprising in America is inevitable in the future?"

There is much more to revolution, as a well established process, than merely thinking about it. Another recent example of revolutionary thinking, and revolutionary actions done by many individuals, are the events that became known as the Ron Paul rEvolution.

Good, productive, mutually beneficial, revolutionary ideas, such as liberty, and rule of law as the means of defending Liberty, are never fully censored, although many have succeeding in changing the subject from revolutionary ideas to their own personal interests or vendettas.

You didn't offer anything to debate. You aren't offering it now.

the irrationality of the Senate alone is justification for CHANGING it, not getting rid of it.
why should RI have the same amount of Senators as California?

Any vote coming out of the Senate is a joke as a result....it has no rational foundation.

No, I disagree, some systems magnify problems of "human beings acting like human beings" ....as Our currently system does.

The politicians should take instruction from the way it was done in the past. The public will way in heavily no matter what methods are chosen..and in something so important I believe the politicians would be suicidal to ignore them.

The politicians do not live in the past and they will act in accordance with current conditions. The public may well weigh in, but to think they will weigh on one side more than another is simply not true. This country does not have a majority on any significant issue that would call for an amendment. So the politicians will do what they see as their own best interest, and that does not include limiting their own authority.

That there will be a convention is unlikely. If there is, it is even more unlikely they will actually pass an amendment. Far more likely they will just point fingers at each for failing to do anything. If they do pass an amendment, there is no chance at all it will have any significant impact on how we do business.

Youre kind of a Debbie-downer arent you...Sadly I think your largely right ......I think tho that the excitement will generate attention and the self-interested element will be lessened.

I have to accept that appraisal. Though I prefer "cynic", it just sounds more manly. There has been a call for a convention since the 70's. How's the excitement level so far?
lol, well things keep getting worse with our governance and I think people understand that. More people want one...once/ if we get one the excitement level will skyrocket.

They are upset with our politics and I think more and more realize it is at least in part due to a structural problem with the Constitutions setup ..there is the movement spoken to above....and polls showing peoples desire for a 3rd party....which cant really happen without Constitutional change.

♪~it only takes a spark~♫~~~ I trust the wisdom of the American people once their interest is engaged

Personally, I believe that it's very possible, I hope that it does happen SOON.
There's a lot of people who feel that way. They are incapable of understanding that if they get what they wish for, anarchism will rule, and they and their loved ones will likely be slaughered and cannibalized in the streets.

They are too immature and fucked-up in the head to know that if they get what they wish for, it will be their worst nightmare come true.

the irrationality of the Senate alone is justification for CHANGING it, not getting rid of it.

Any vote coming out of the Senate is a joke as a result....it has no rational foundation.

Every state has two senators. :slap:

You need to read Article V again. It specifically addresses that issue.

They are upset with our politics and I think more and more realize it is at least in part due to a structural problem with the Constitutions setup ..there is the movement spoken to above....and polls showing peoples desire for a 3rd party....which cant really happen without Constitutional change.

There is nothing in the Constitution which prevents a 3rd party. Nothing. There are in fact more than three parties and occasionally a 3rd party candidate will make an impact. We just don't elect them. But there is nothing in the Constitution which prevents you from voting for a 3rd party, promoting a 3rd party or running candidates under a 3rd party. If people actually wanted a 3rd party, as you claim, then there would be one. The fact that there isn't is solid evidence your claim about the desires of people is just not true.

As to people being upset with politics, they have always been upset with politics. There has never been a time in our history when we weren't upset with politics. That's the nature of politics.

While many state politicians have attempted to garner votes by pushing for a constitutional convention, there really is no impetus within the citizenry for one. If there were one, all it would really accomplish would be to give paid vacations to our state legislators on the tax payer's dime and significantly increase alcohol sales and prostitution in the hosting city.

♪~it only takes a spark~♫~~~ I trust the wisdom of the American people once their interest is engaged

I trust it as well. Which is why I am so certain nothing will come of this.

That's my take. We are living in a period of unprecedented personal liberty. So much so I think we are getting spoiled and see a rain shower as a hurricane.

"Spoiled" is a good way to put it I suppose. I prefer a "victim mentality". The GOP has become the party of victimization (Victims of the media, the electoral college, the Supreme Court, political correctness, affirmative action, yadda yadda yadda) and the DEMS are not that much better.

Every state has two senators. :slap:

Yeeeaa ess I know oh ...and what makes sense about that? ...nothing rational ...it is based on religious differences of 240 years ago.

Forum List

Back