Do you trust Trump to NOT weaken the rights of private property owners if elected?

He has a young family who will take over his real estate empire. Trump himself has admitted he's used imminent domain has he not?
He has enough money to live several lifetimes. And money makes money so they will never have to build another thing again.

The government already takes property to build freeways and schools so I fear that more than trump.

He does have that, but the money-addicted never have "enough". They're addicted not to the wealth itself but to the acquisition. It's a phallic thing I'm afraid.

similar to your addiction to free govt cheese.

Trump going back into real estate after being president would be like Jimmy Carter going back to peanut farming. It just doesn't happen.

Riiiight because peanut farming made Carter a gazillionaire.

No, don't trust Trump on this. He has made it clear he feels the Federal Govt should be able to step in and seize the beach front property your 'Grandmaw' left you when she dies in order to sell the property to a huge hotel chain, which will provide more local tax revenue, tourism, etc..... The government thinks they know how to use what you own better than you can, could make more money with that property than you can, and that those facts are justification enough to seize your property.

total bullshit. If your property is subject to eminent domain you are paid the market price for it. It is not "seized".

The ignorance displayed on this message board is amazing.

What if it's not for sale?

Then you negotiate with them. Many get much more than market price when they hold out. Yes, eventually you have to sell, but they cannot "seize" it or force you to take less than its worth.

If you don't like american law, leave the country.

No, don't trust Trump on this. He has made it clear he feels the Federal Govt should be able to step in and seize the beach front property your 'Grandmaw' left you when she dies in order to sell the property to a huge hotel chain, which will provide more local tax revenue, tourism, etc..... The government thinks they know how to use what you own better than you can, could make more money with that property than you can, and that those facts are justification enough to seize your property.

total bullshit. If your property is subject to eminent domain you are paid the market price for it. It is not "seized".

Then you negotiate with them. Many get much more than market price when they hold out. Yes, eventually you have to sell, but they cannot "seize" it or force you to take less than its worth.

Not if there's free cheese. Where can I get some?

www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/07/govt-will-seize-nevada-familys-property-near-area-51-if-they-wont-accept-the-air-forces-last-best-offer/

The way he fucked over landowners in Scotland for that golf course he's trying to build I'd say he could give a shit about anyone's property rights except his own.

When the govt TAKES the land you do not want to sell while shoving LESS that fair market value for it then that IS 'seizing' / 'stealing'. Hell, even if they TAKE your property and give you fair market value when you DON'T want to sell it is 'seizing' / 'stealing' your land!

Taking ANYTHING you own and do not want to sell...even if they throw money at you as they take it, it's STEALING. It's sort of like me living next to you, deciding I want a bigger pool, tear down your fence, build the extension into your yard, put up a new fence to keep you out, and throwing $500 at you from across the fence....I am sure you would agree at that time that I am STEALING your land.

When the govt TAKES the land you do not want to sell while shoving LESS that fair market value for it then that IS 'seizing' / 'stealing'. Hell, even if they TAKE your property and give you fair market value when you DON'T want to sell it is 'seizing' / 'stealing' your land!

Taking ANYTHING you own and do not want to sell...even if they throw money at you as they take it, it's STEALING. It's sort of like me living next to you, deciding I want a bigger pool, tear down your fence, build the extension into your yard, put up a new fence to keep you out, and throwing $500 at you from across the fence....I am sure you would agree at that time that I am STEALING your land.

As I said to another poster. If you don't like american law, leave the country.

Do you like Obamacare?

Bye bye then?

www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/07/govt-will-seize-nevada-familys-property-near-area-51-if-they-wont-accept-the-air-forces-last-best-offer/

Yeah, so what? Thats the way it works and I am sure the offer is at or above market value. Eminent domain is nothing new. It has been used for years to build the interstate highway system, airports, etc. It is what it is.

I absolutely LOVE American law...and the Constitution...I just wish Obama did, protected them, enforced them, and stopped treating them like an la carte items at a buffet:

"I'll take this one, leave that one, take that one, skip that one...."

Do you like Obamacare?

Bye bye then?

No, but until congress repeals or changes it, it is the law and we all have to abide by it.

don't like eminent domain?, tell your senator and congressmen to make it illegal. whining won't change anything.

Yeah, so what? Thats the way it works and I am sure the offer is at or above market value. Eminent domain is nothing new. It has been used for years to build the interstate highway system, airports, etc. It is what it is.
We had families here lose their generational homes & property so a RACETRACK could be built.

Pull your head out of your ass

I absolutely LOVE American law...and the Constitution...I just wish Obama did, protected them, enforced them, and stopped treating them like an la carte items at a buffet:

I agree with you. What's funny is that the people who agree with you on obama not following law are the same ones bitching about eminent domain and wanting those laws to be ignored.

Do you like Obamacare?

Bye bye then?

No, but until congress repeals or changes it, it is the law and we all have to abide by it.

don't like eminent domain?, tell your senator and congressmen to make it illegal. whining won't change anything.
No one is whining you stupidfuck. This is a discussion and the only one acting irrational is the moron telling others to leave the country.

Fucking morons on this site

We had families here lose their generational homes & property so a RACETRACK could be built.

Pull your head out of your ass

So have you gone to DC and say in front of your senators and congressmen and demanded that those laws be repealed? If not, you are no better than the dem whiners who want the 2nd amendment ignored.

I agree with you. What's funny is that the people who agree with you on obama not following law are the same ones bitching about eminent domain and wanting those laws to be ignored.
Is this were you tell him I'm a liberal? Like you've done in the past. You're about as bright as a burned out bulb.

Eminent Domain could be a real problem if it were amended under the control of a president who is a huge real estate developer. Granted he wouldn't benefit from it while in office but he could certainly set up the domino's for his empire upon leaving office.

Just to note, I literally know jackshit about this kind of stuff so this is just me thinking out loud from a position that does not have the knowledge but plenty of concern.

I want to be able to trust Trump.

Trump is fine with using eminent domain for the profit of private companies and individuals.

He doesn't need to do anything about it right now- since States have the authority to take private property away from owners to sell to companies so that they can make more money.

Personally I think that every State should ban the practice.

Trump thinks its a great idea.

Do you like Obamacare?

Bye bye then?

No one is whining you stupidfuck. This is a discussion and the only one acting irrational is the moron telling others to leave the country.

Fucking morons on this site

OK, ya old fart. What exactly and specifically do you want done? Do you want eminent domain laws repealed? do you want them to require that they pay double market value for property? do you want them to have to route an interstate highway around a shack that has been in a family for years?

Other than being a bitching pussy, what do you want?

Forum List

Back