Do you value your politics more than your relationships?

What a sweet feel-good thread to wake up to in the morning. Thanks guys. You’ve warmed my heart. Maybe society isn’t in full decay after all!

Silly-Putty.jpg

Its 7 am, my dog needs a walk and you're questioning me?

Dumbass....

It's 8 in the morning here. You need to catch up!

Or increase his gravitational potential relative to your velocity and position.

That is the most clever (cleverest) (smartest) (funny in a dickhead sort of way) you've ever said

Dumbass....

That is the most clever (cleverest) (smartest) (funny in a dickhead sort of way) you've ever said

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

You think I am a sad sack? :lol:

Dumbass....

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Lol

Social media is in effect anti-social. Typical key visual cues are missing during conversation and people act far more aggressive when not face to face.

I personally know of many relationships that have ended due to postings on Facebook.
Childish rants, hyper partisanship, and a need to prove others wrong at any cost seems to be the norm on political sites.
Has a single person actually changed a single mind with a post? I doubt it. Just the same partisan points made add nausum from the zealots of the extreme polar opposites.

If this site is a place that raises your blood pressure, time for a break.

Social media is in effect anti-social. Typical key visual cues are missing during conversation and people act far more aggressive when not face to face.

I personally know of many relationships that have ended due to postings on Facebook.
Childish rants, hyper partisanship, and a need to prove others wrong at any cost seems to be the norm on political sites.
Has a single person actually changed a single mind with a post? I doubt it. Just the same partisan points made add nausum from the zealots of the extreme polar opposites.

If this site is a place that raises your blood pressure, time for a break.
Your first paragraph PERFECTLY described this board.

We are all human

Only if it is an extreme opinion I am opposed to and they push it constantly. Then I will avoid someone due to politics. That hardly ever happens though.

I have friends with differing beliefs were its come to a few times to you fuck off. No you fuck off. Then the subject changes to something we both like and we are back to fishing or whatever.

I had a coworker once who blared talk radio. Everyone else made him change it to music, because who the hell wants to hear some douchebag tell you how to think.

I have many friends who vote opposite of me. Everyone I know is still centrist despite which party we vote for.
We have many cocktail induced world problem solving bonfires during the summer and can all agree on a few points.
We are over- taxed.
All career politicians are self-serving whores.
Society has become sick.
The media no longer reports factual news, but opinionated slant reflecting its audience .
The government is far too entangled into our lives.

With agreement on those points our alcohol induced conversations can get lively, but we take nothing personal and we always remain friends.
Because in the end it is us versus those who seek to control us.

I see so many die hards here. I consider MAC a "friend" and I have several die hard liberal friends but my passion for POLITICS would never interfere with real friendship or my zest for life.

Making fun of you dumbasses is just gravy. If you were on the right you'd be thanking my post. Sadly you are not so just pound the keyboard, suck the fuck out of that binkie and for gods sake wait for the all clear before you exit your safe space....pound that play doh a bit longer my friend.
It seems like a lot of the people that are on the opposite end of the political spectrum are the ones I chat with the most on here about other things. Several of the people that rip me the hardest on political stuff are the same people that I share personal stuff with and have great side chats that are non political. With the people that I interact with relationship seems more important than politics!

I see so many die hards here. I consider MAC a "friend" and I have several die hard liberal friends but my passion for POLITICS would never interfere with real friendship or my zest for life.

Making fun of you dumbasses is just gravy. If you were on the right you'd be thanking my post. Sadly you are not so just pound the keyboard, suck the fuck out of that binkie and for gods sake wait for the all clear before you exit your safe space....pound that play doh a bit longer my friend.
It seems like a lot of the people that are on the opposite end of the political spectrum are the ones I chat with the most on here about other things. Several of the people that rip me the hardest on political stuff are the same people that I share personal stuff with and have great side chats that are non political. With the people that I interact with relationship seems more important than politics!

Just what I would expect a low-life, scumbag liberal to say! :102::14::aargh:

Just what I would expect a low-life, scumbag liberal to say! :102::14::aargh:
I would not qualify as a liberal, I would not qualify as a conservative. I am one of those people that evidently pisses both sides off pretty well. I am how ever very well accepted in either a democrats or a republicans golf group. Both parties send me free admission to golf outings trying to get me in thier foursome!

I'm an independent because I can't buy into all of what either side is saying. I've got friends on both sides and think those extreme on either side are wacky when it comes to politics, but still friends.

Forum List

Back