Do you want Trump to succeed or fail? (POLL)

Do you want Trmp to succeed or fail?

• Succeed by creating better jobs and increasing incomes

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Fail, by creating racial unrest, exploding the Debt, and killing healthcare and the economy

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
I found the two polling choices to be inadequate to my needs.

I want Trump to succeed as a national leader, in a holistic well-rounded sense, not just in one or two narrow focal areas.

I seriously doubt that this will happen, given my preconceived notion that he is a bumper-sticker demagogue and one-trick pony; lacking grace, style and depth.

I am going to keep an open mind for at least a few months, but I am about as skeptical and doubtful as one can be, without 'calling the game' in advance.

I hope he succeeds big time.

After eight years of the country headed in the wrong direction he's got his work cut out for him.

I hope he gets it done. America will be much better for it.

as with any President,if he fails it affects just about all of us and if he succeeds, not all of us, but many will be better off for it.....

Republicans didn't care that labor was hurting in the 2000's. They only serve the corporations and shareholders. Labor is an expense that they want to lower. In fact, if you think I'm lying, take a look at what we were saying in 2006. Does it sound familiar?

(Do a little math. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says there are 7.6 million unemployed Americans right now (2006). Another 1.5 million Americans are no longer counted because they've become "long term" or "discouraged" unemployed workers. And although various groups have different ways of measuring it, most agree that at least another five to ten million Americans are either working part-time when they want to work full-time, or are "underemployed," doing jobs below their level of training, education, or experience. That's between eight and twenty million un- and under-employed Americans, many unable to find above-poverty-level work. At the same time, there are between seven and fifteen million working illegal immigrants diluting our labor pool.)

Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

I want Trump to succeed as a national leader, in a holistic well-rounded sense, not just in one or two narrow focal areas.

I seriously doubt that this will happen, given my preconceived notion that he is a bumper-sticker demagogue and one-trick pony; lacking grace, style and depth.

I am going to keep an open mind for at least a few months, but I am about as skeptical and doubtful as one can be, without 'calling the game' in advance.

I kept the OP polling choices as simple as possible focusing only on the big picture items.
1. The economy in general and the job market, globalism v nationalism risking trade wars. i.e. Will we be better-off in 4-years?
2. What are the major downside risks? Healthcare was collapsing, the Debt is a ticking time bomb, and racial unrest is rising, i.e. BLM v Blue lives v All lives

Your comments that Trump is a demagogue and one-trick pony lack examples, please explain. I think you mean that he is not "presidential' lacking the slick lawyerly way of "DC speak" using politically correct language. Can you appreciate the energy he brings to the job during the campaign and as president-elect? He seems to be "managing" the government in a way that I haven't seen since the "Grace Commission", and those recommendations weren't implemented. Lets hope he shrinks government by eliminating duplication and gets the US back on track by force of will.

I kept the OP polling choices as simple as possible focusing only on the big picture items.
1. The economy in general and the job market, globalism v nationalism risking trade wars. i.e. Will we be better-off in 4-years?
2. What are the major downside risks? Healthcare was collapsing, the Debt is a ticking time bomb, and racial unrest is rising, i.e. BLM v Blue lives v All lives

Your comments that Trump is a demagogue and one-trick pony lack examples, please explain. I think you mean that he is not "presidential' lacking the slick lawyerly way of "DC speak" using politically correct language. Can you appreciate the energy he brings to the job during the campaign and as president-elect? He seems to be "managing" the government in a way that I haven't seen since the "Grace Commission", and those recommendations weren't implemented. Lets hope he shrinks government by eliminating duplication and gets the US back on track by force of will.

Bingo.

as with any President,if he fails it affects just about all of us and if he succeeds, not all of us, but many will be better off for it.....

Republicans didn't care that labor was hurting in the 2000's. They only serve the corporations and shareholders. Labor is an expense that they want to lower. In fact, if you think I'm lying, take a look at what we were saying in 2006. Does it sound familiar?

(Do a little math. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says there are 7.6 million unemployed Americans right now (2006). Another 1.5 million Americans are no longer counted because they've become "long term" or "discouraged" unemployed workers. And although various groups have different ways of measuring it, most agree that at least another five to ten million Americans are either working part-time when they want to work full-time, or are "underemployed," doing jobs below their level of training, education, or experience. That's between eight and twenty million un- and under-employed Americans, many unable to find above-poverty-level work. At the same time, there are between seven and fifteen million working illegal immigrants diluting our labor pool.)

this has nothing to do with what i said bobo....just sayin....

I prefer to use the tactic the GOP Congress used for President Obama. Lets ensure Trump is a one term President and use Filibusters, Sabotage and obstruction for the next 4 years. After all this is the way the GOP treated President Obama.

What did Obama ever offer the Republicans as compromise?

Gotcha, Trotsky. Keep up the Marxist rhetoric, it's educating us all

I prefer to use the tactic the GOP Congress used for President Obama. Lets ensure Trump is a one term President and use Filibusters, Sabotage and obstruction for the next 4 years. After all this is the way the GOP treated President Obama.

That's easy.

We won. Get in the back of the bus.

That's easy.

We won. Get in the back of the bus.

Yes, I did feel him reaching out to everyone when he made that offer. Remember he did say it was fine to tag along first before he directed us all to the back to sit down and shut up

I voted for the top choice, but expect the bottom one.

Don't sweat it. You're only going to see the bottom one no matter what happens
I'd consider that a win. Better than dying in the nuclear fallout that's more likely to happen under Trump than ever before.

I always considered hyperbole to be a stupid form of argument. I still do

Welcome to 2017

Nope, hyperbole is still a stupid argument. That Democrats live there now doesn't change that. In fact it emphasizes it.

Let me translate that for you into native leftist so you can understand it ...

... OMG, we're all going to die! The sky is falling! Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck. The world is blowing up, the seas are boiling, OMG, OMG, OMG. Shriek! Shriek!

Understand now?

Succeed.

We've already had 8 years of the alternative during Obabble's Reign of Terror.

Forum List

Back