Doctor religious exemption hypothetical.

All the doctors, nurses, dentists, and everyone else who go into a business where they no longer have any rights.
:lol: No one is being enslaved. My goodness, you are dense.

Does that mean they have the same religious rights as an employee at McDonald's? Because, if they do, this whole thread is a waste of time.
Everyone has the same religious rights. No one has the right to refuse to do the job they were hired to do.

:lol: No one is being enslaved. My goodness, you are dense.

Does that mean they have the same religious rights as an employee at McDonald's? Because, if they do, this whole thread is a waste of time.
Everyone has the same religious rights. No one has the right to refuse to do the job they were hired to do.

Sure they do.

Then their employer has the right to fire them.

Doctors and medical personnel are held to a little different standard, however, they can be held accountable for refusing to treat, if their refusal results in injury or death particularly.

That physician shouldn't even be hired or placed as lead.

I understand the who religious exemption thing. But when you go to a doctor's office or hospital, you expect to be treated no matter what, or at least survive long enough so you don't die.

Simple answer, my brain is not yet fully functional.

You can't refuse to hire someone due to religious belief.

This is a peripheral problem that this issue causes.

Do you have a documented case that this scenario has ever taken place? What were the results of the lawsuit? How much did the jury award?

hy·po·thet·i·cal   [hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl] Show IPA
adjective Also, hy·po·thet·ic ( for defs. 1–4 ) .
assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.
given to making hypotheses.
Logic .
a.
(of a proposition) highly conjectural; not well supported by available evidence.
b.
(of a proposition or syllogism) conditional.
noun
a hypothetical situation, instance, etc.: The Secretary of Defense refused to discuss hypotheticals with the reporters.
00:04

helloooooooooooo

You can't refuse to hire someone due to religious belief.

This is a peripheral problem that this issue causes.

Do you have a documented case that this scenario has ever taken place? What were the results of the lawsuit? How much did the jury award?

hy·po·thet·i·cal   [hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl] Show IPA
adjective Also, hy·po·thet·ic ( for defs. 1–4 ) .
assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.
given to making hypotheses.
Logic .
a.
(of a proposition) highly conjectural; not well supported by available evidence.
b.
(of a proposition or syllogism) conditional.
noun
a hypothetical situation, instance, etc.: The Secretary of Defense refused to discuss hypotheticals with the reporters.
00:04

helloooooooooooo

Del..... no one is home. Stop knocking.

It is not an abortion KG.... it prevents implantation of the egg.

Fertilized egg.

Once it's fertilized, it's no longer contraception, it's abortion.

Contraception prevents conception.

EMERGENCY contraception takes place after conception has potentially taken place...

Not that I have a particular problem with this one. You don't really know if you're pregnant or not when you take it, and it's taken within hours of intercourse.

Again... this is not an abortion thread.... can you try and refrain and not hijack this thread too?

To certain people, every thread in some way is about abortion

Good lord, someone else brought it up.

It's a PILL that you take after SEX meant to prevent pregnancy. But since it's AFTER sex, it isn't technically CONTRACEPTION as conception has potentially already taken place.

Cripes.

Though it's a given that this is one of those topics that have been "redefined".

It's not "abortion"...it's EMERGENCY contraception...because...well, just because!

Since everyone seems obsessed with healthcare issues related to sex, let's try another one and let the pro and con sides argue their points:

The setting is an ER in a small town. A trauma comes in. The patient is in hypovolemic shock and has already gotten a 2 liter bolus of saline in the field but still has a weak pulse and unstable vitals/decreasing blood pressure.

The ER has 4 bags of type O blood ready to transfuse when the patient arrives.

However, the physician covering the ER that night recently converted to be a Jehovah's Witness and refuses to transfuse the patient because he believes it violates his religious beliefs. The patient expires before another physician can be tracked down.

Did he have a right to refuse the transfusion.

He did not.

However, trying to compare this to religious objections over religious groups being forced to provide birth control and abortions is like comparing apples and oranges.

Forcing a doctor, as the federal govt, to violate their religious beliefs is a violation of the seperation of church and state.

Solution? The hospital doesn't hire certain doctors due to the fact that their personal ideology prevents them from performing all the duties of the job...in your example no jehova's witness who are not willing to forgo the transfusion belief can be hired.

How is one religios exception more morally appropriate then another?

Paid employees are not slaves. They ARE however paid to do the job they were hired for.... and if that means something that would conflict with their religious beliefs.... tough damn shit for them.

If they cant do the job they are paid for.... they can open their own practice and roll as many chicken bones as they want.

Again, where did I say anything else?

When you imply that paid employees are... slaves. They are not. What they should be is fired for refusing services offered by their employee... and being unable to fulfill the requirements of the job....

It's just absurd hyperbole that doesn't warrant response IMO

Though it's a given that this is one of those topics that have been "redefined".

It's not "abortion"...it's EMERGENCY contraception...because...well, just because!

should heterosexual pedophiles be allowed to use emergency contraception in the comfort and privacy of their trailers?

Forum List

Back