Does anti Semitism exist? nah

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTkD2BXzD2k]JEW BASHING NEW ANTI SEMITISM SERIES VISION TV CANADA 4x60 min - YouTube[/ame]

thanks P F. i actually think that video is a pretty good example of why some people look disfavourably upon jews as a culture...and also why people don't take the claims of anti-semitism seriously.

was that vid supposed to make people hate jews?

Anti-Semitism is innate hostility toward Jews -- all Jews.

Hostility toward Israel is not anti-Semitism. Dislike of American Jews whose loyalty to Israel exceeds their concern for America's best interests is not anti-Semitism. It is patriotism!

OK, so how many such American Jews do you allege there are? And in percentage, how do you allege that compares to other groups within the American citizenry? How are you arriving at those estimates: what are your sources?

i dunno. you once claimed 99% of jews are zionists.

and so what? all he said was that something wasn't anti-semitism.

I think that generational misuse and abuse of humans was first inspired by hatred.

Regardless if that hatred is smoothed by future generations.

LOL...all i know is what it is...and usually an irrational hatred stems from fear...which dissipates after people, give up their ignorance.

sometimes though, a fear is justified.

What you are seeing is a beginning of a multi-generational progression of Islamaphobia.

Now imho?

That's a real fear that I believe is justified and one that you might wish to put more energy into.

well, i don't like the word "islamophobia" but it has some accuracy. i have more confidence in muslim and arab peoples to weather this current storm of hatred that is dircted towards them and my focus is better spent on the current situation than it is worrying about what may or may not happen in the future.

Of course it exists. What do you call Saudi Arabia not permitting Jews to fly to Saudi Arabia?

ANTI - SEMITISM.

LOL...all i know is what it is...and usually an irrational hatred stems from fear...which dissipates after people, give up their ignorance.

sometimes though, a fear is justified.

What you are seeing is a beginning of a multi-generational progression of Islamaphobia.

Now imho?

That's a real fear that I believe is justified and one that you might wish to put more energy into.

well, i don't like the word "islamophobia" but it has some accuracy. i have more confidence in muslim and arab peoples to weather this current storm of hatred that is dircted towards them and my focus is better spent on the current situation than it is worrying about what may or may not happen in the future.

Yes, so you're more worried about the Jews than the clear worldwide condemnation and attachment of terrorism to Islam?

OK

Now imho?

Yes, so you're more worried about the Jews than the clear worldwide condemnation and attachment of terrorism to Islam?

OK

why would i worry about jews?

as for worrying about the bigotry against muslims, i work against that and sometimes encounter a lot of bigotry directed at me because of my defense of muslims, but i honestly do not worry about things beyond my control.

LOL...do you think i am sort of zionist or something. dude, when the second intifada broke out, i was the onliest white boy marching with the palestinians and arabs. they made me feel very welcome. they like the irish.

the only time i worry about things is when no one else is. it is my nature.

Hostility toward Israel is not anti-Semitism. Dislike of American Jews whose loyalty to Israel exceeds their concern for America's best interests is not anti-Semitism. It is patriotism!

OK, so how many such American Jews do you allege there are?
I don't know. But I suspect you are one.

And in percentage, how do you allege that compares to other groups within the American citizenry?
What other groups of American citizens aside from Jews do you know of whose loyalty to Israel exceeds their loyalty to the American homeland that protects them from militant anti-Semites?

How are you arriving at those estimates:
What estimates?

what are your sources?
Sources for what? My opinions? What sources are your disagreements based on?

I'll tell you one source which has helped to shape my opinions. It's a book called, The Holocaust Industry, by Professor Norman Finkelstein, who is a Jew. I recommend you read it. (Available in paperback from Amazon.)

OK

as for worrying about the bigotry against muslims, i work against that and sometimes encounter a lot of bigotry directed at me because of my defense of muslims, but i honestly do not worry about things beyond my control.

LOL...do you think i am sort of zionist or something. dude, when the second intifada broke out, i was the onliest white boy marching with the palestinians and arabs. they made me feel very welcome. they like the irish.

So, that's why you only see one side. You're out of sorts. :razz:

Still, there's hatred enough out there for Blacks, Jews and Muslims it would seem.

I'm watching all of it.

:D

OK

Still, there's hatred enough out there for Blacks, Jews and Muslims it would seem.

I'm watching all of it.

the good part is, when everyone freaks, i am totally calm.

i think a lot of the bigotry out there isn't going to change. the effects of that bigotry, such as lower pay and inferior schools can be changed.

OK, so how many such American Jews do you allege there are? And in percentage, how do you allege that compares to other groups within the American citizenry? How are you arriving at those estimates: what are your sources?

Being a Zionist does not undercut one's loyalty to the US any more than being a member of a Church which is opposed to abortion, or any number of other affiliations or attachments.

We might want to worry more about those who claim to be 'morally opposed' to the very existence of nation-states and governments.

OK, so how many such American Jews do you allege there are?
I don't know. But I suspect you are one.

What other groups of American citizens aside from Jews do you know of whose loyalty to Israel exceeds their loyalty to the American homeland that protects them from militant anti-Semites?

How are you arriving at those estimates:
What estimates?

what are your sources?
Sources for what? My opinions? What sources are your disagreements based on?

I'll tell you one source which has helped to shape my opinions. It's a book called, The Holocaust Industry, by Professor Norman Finkelstein, who is a Jew. I recommend you read it. (Available in paperback from Amazon.)

What have I ever posted, Mike, that makes you 'suspect' me of disloyalty to our nation? I'm sure my husband (who retired fro the Army as an E-9 and has a current clearance) would be interested in knowing more.......

Just because Norm was born to Jewish parents, do you have proof that he practices Judaism? ( I use 'Jew' to mean members of my faith community: how are you using it?) And do you have some asinine idea that his being 'Jewish' has some bearing on his reliability?

We have 'American' posters here who are very anti-capitalism: does their titular 'American' status mean that capitalism is a terrible system ?

I'm watching all of it.

i think a lot of the bigotry out there isn't going to change. the effects of that bigotry, such as lower pay and inferior schools can be changed.

The meld between bigotry and hatred doesn't need a vulcan.

What have I ever posted, Mike, that makes you 'suspect' me of disloyalty to our nation? I'm sure my husband (who retired fro the Army as an E-9 and has a current clearance) would be interested in knowing more.......

Just because Norm was born to Jewish parents, do you have proof that he practices Judaism? ( I use 'Jew' to mean members of my faith community: how are you using it?) And do you have some asinine idea that his being 'Jewish' has some bearing on his reliability?
If I'm mistaken I will apologize. My suspicion is based on the fact that every time someone posts a criticism of Israel you are among those who pop up in defense of Israel regardless of how reasonable the complaint, such as the negative effects of U.S. military and economic support of Israel --which in fact was Osama bin Laden's principal grievance against us dating back to 1998. (Do you need me to post the transcript of bin Laden's 1998 complaint and his subtle but unmistakable threat?)

We have 'American' posters here who are very anti-capitalism: does their titular 'American' status mean that capitalism is a terrible system ?
I am among the vigorous critics of capitalism as it exists in America today. And, yes, unconstrained (laissez faire) capiitalism is indeed a terrible system because it inevitably will evolve into fascistic rule by the rich.

I'm watching all of it.

I understand your 'enthusiasm' now. :)

Regarding the 'Second Intifada? There was no ending of the 'First Intifada'.

We're still in the First Intifada.

It's ebb and flow, dont'cha know :)

What does anti-Semitism have to do with the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict?

m0168.gif

it's a legitimate question...a very legitimate question.

do you think the palestinians would be more docile were they being colonised by eskimos?

Did they say that the ESKIMOS will hide behind the stones and the trees, and they will tell on them?:cuckoo::eusa_whistle:

Being a Zionist does not undercut one's loyalty to the US any more than being a member of a Church which is opposed to abortion, or any number of other affiliations or attachments.

We might want to worry more about those who claim to be 'morally opposed' to the very existence of nation-states and governments.

Many here don't even know what being a Zionist means.

There are hundreds of thousands of Zionists who are not Jews all over the world.

Does anybody ask THEM to whom they're loyal?

I'm watching all of it.

Indeed, it is all just a continuation of the war Israel started a hundred years ago.

Indeed, it is all just a continuation of the war Israel started a hundred years ago.

So, there's no second or third intifada and Israel started the war before it was a state.

Well, you're half right. Indeed there is no second or third intifada.

I'm watching all of it.

i don't have problems with commonly accepted historical reference points.

Forum List

Back