Zone1 Does anyone else here believe (as I do) that ALL who ever lived will live forever with God in his kingdom?

When Christ returns and starts His 1,000 year reign, even though Satan the tempter is chained in the bottomless pit, (not the Lake of Fire ) people on earth will remember sin and practice it, which will bring about a final battle between good and evil, (Satan is unchained for this battle) followed by The White Throne Judgment. <(followers of Christ are NOT on the docket. They have already been ruling and reigning here on earth with Christ for a millennium).
It is at the White Throne Judgement that Satan and his followers are dispatched, along with death, for eternity, > (forever and ever), to the Lake of Fire. When sin is dealt with for good, Heaven descends to earth, and God lives here, with His children:

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them.

Last edited:
Most Christians reject that belief, in spite of the strong biblical argument for universal reconciliation. Do you share my belief? If not, why not?
Well, I do believe the Bible says that there are different levels to Heaven. In 1Corinthians chapter 15, "40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the Celestial is one, and the glory of the Terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the Sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the Stars: for one star differeth from another star in Glory." Our resurrected bodies will differ one from another based upon our testimony of Christ and how we behaved here on earth. All are of glory but only the Celestial Glory will be where Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ reside. The other two will still be part of Heaven and far superior than the place of no glory, Perdition where Satan resides for ever with his devils and those who rejected and sinned against the Holy Ghost. So, no. Not everyone will live forever in God's kingdom.

He said Satan will be there forever and ever. He doubled down on the forever part.
Forever and ever means for all future time. Just the opposite of a period of time.

Incorrect. Here are two better translations of the verse you referenced.

Revelation 20:10 CLNT
10 And the Adversary who is deceiving them was cast into the lake of fire and sulphur, where the wild beast and where the false prophet are also. And they shall be tormented day and night for the eons of the eons.

Revelation 20:10 YLT
10 and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages.

Most English translations mistranslated it into "forever and ever".

You should also know that these verses are describing a REFINING process. Words like "torment", "sulphur", and "brimstone" relate to REFINING.

Ultimately, ALL will declare that Jesus is Lord and they will happily and faithfully follow him, even Satan. How do I know? God told us. Do you believe the word of God which I am sharing below?

Philippians 2:10-11 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Incorrect. Here are two better translations of the verse you referenced.

Revelation 20:10 CLNT
10 And the Adversary who is deceiving them was cast into the lake of fire and sulphur, where the wild beast and where the false prophet are also. And they shall be tormented day and night for the eons of the eons.

Revelation 20:10 YLT
10 and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages.

Most English translations mistranslated it into "forever and ever".

You should also know that these verses are describing a REFINING process. Words like "torment", "sulphur", and "brimstone" relate to REFINING.

Ultimately, ALL will declare that Jesus is Lord and they will happily and faithfully follow him, even Satan. How do I know? God told us. Do you believe the word of God which I am sharing below?

Philippians 2:10-11 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
You seem to be saying that after libs die and see what eternity with Satan is like they will do a plea deal with St Peter and ask for a 2nd chance

The God haters better hope you are right

But if I were them I would not bet my life on it

2 Thessalonians 1:9

They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

2 Thessalonians 1:9 CLNT
9 who shall incur the justice of eonian extermination from the face of the Lord, and from the glory of His strength --

You seem to be saying that after libs die and see what eternity with Satan is like they will do a plea deal with St Peter and ask for a 2nd chance

The God haters better hope you are right

But if I were them I would not bet my life on it

1 John 4:14
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

Most Christians reject that belief, in spite of the strong biblical argument for universal reconciliation. Do you share my belief? If not, why not?
That's pretty much what Jesus told us before he took off again.

K9Buck, you have built a whole different scenario based on a word. The Bible traces Satan and his actions, from Genesis to Revelation. If he is wreaking havoc the Bible records it, If he is tempting Jesus,we are told. If he is chained, it says so. If he is loosed, it says so. But nowhere from Genesis to Revelation does it say that Satan is loosed after a billion years to befriend Jesus and God. You relied on your own understanding to arrive at that conclusion.

If you re-translate forever to a span of time, and more explicitly, and ever to a span of time, then it means for all the spans of time of the spans of time. That means in every time in all the spans of time.
Or, if you like, for all the eons of all the eons. < There is no mention of the ending of any of those eons.
If you limit all the eons of all the eons to a time limit, then you have to do the same through out the Bible where ever forever describes without end. You put a time limit on God's glory, God's love, His life, His blessings, His mercy,by changing forever to, at some point it ends.

Psalm 136
His love endures forever
. Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever. to him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever. who by his understanding made the heavens, His love endures forever...

Last edited:
If the Bible is infallible truth, why do no two people never agree on it?
Can you find two people of faith that believe in God?
Can you find two people of faith that believe loving God and loving your fellowman are the two greatest commandments?

Where else would you like to see an agreement?

If the Bible is infallible truth, why do no two people never agree on it?

Algebra doesn't have this problem.
Because they add to it and take away from it, or rely on some one else's opinion of what it says, they choose dogma over scripture. We have fractured the word of God into thousands of denominations.
What we disagree on is dogma. What Christians agree on is that God is the Father, and He has a Son who died to make us free.

Are you changing your question?
Really? You're still confused?

I don't need the Bible to engage in what you described. So your questions were utterly irrelevant.

And if your point is to cherry pick one or two general things from the Bible that are not unique to Christianity, then you have merely strengthened my point.

Thanks?

Because they add to it and take away from it, or rely on some one else's opinion of what it says, they choose dogma over scripture.
Riiiiiight

Everyone but you.

Of course, they will all say the same thing.

A normal person would easily deduce that all of you are likely wrong.

Really? You're still confused?
You think I am confused, do you. The Bible summary is, "Love God and love your neighbor. The rest is commentary."

Commentary about anything varies.

Second, you ask if you need a Bible to believe in a magical God. I would advise anyone looking for a magical God--or thinks God is magical--not to bother. If it is magic you are after, I suggest a visit to the Magic Kingdom theme park.

Do I need the Bible to believe in a magical God, or several?

Do i need the Bible for that?

You might want to slow down. Read my comment again. Start over.
What you can rely on the Bible for:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Riiiiiight

Everyone but you.

Of course, they will all say the same thing.

A normal person would easily deduce that all of you are likely wrong.
I feel bad now. :crybaby:What scripture do you think I mangle?

There must be something to the Bible, Indie. It is the most widely read book in the world. Might you be the one with the abnormal deduction, and likely wrong?

An intelligent person can reduce the believer/nonbeliever dilemma to a simple psychological conclusion:
Either God is, or He is not.
If a believer dies, and God is not, then the believer loses nothing.
If a non believer dies, and God is, then the nonbeliever loses everything.

Choose wisely, your eternity is what you are wagering...

Forum List

Back