Does anyone seriously believe Jesus would celebrate Christmas if he could return?

Jesus birthday wasn't even in December.

Christmas is all about keeping the economy going. I doubt Jesus is interested.

Last edited:
Does anyone seriously believe Jesus would celebrate Christmas if he could (miraculously) return?

yeah:cool:

Deck the halls with balls of 'follie' fa, la, la, la, la...

Shrug,:cool:

Campbell: That which is beyond even the concept of reality! It’s that which transcends all thought. It’s putting you there all the time, and in some way, giving you a line to connect with that mystery which you are and the myths do it, by gosh, they do it.

Now, according to the normal way of thinking about the Christian religion, we cannot identify with Jesus. We have to imitate Jesus, but to say “I am God”, as Jesus said, is for us – blasphemy.

However, in the Thomas Gospel, Jesus says, “He who drinks from my mouth will become as I am, and I shall be He.” Wow. That’s Buddhism.

We are all manifestations of Buddha-consciousness, only we don’t know it. The word “Buddha” means “the one who woke up”. He woke up to the fact that he was Buddha-consciousness. And we are all to do that. To wake up to our Jesus within us. This is blasphemy in the normal way of thinking in Christianity, but it’s the essence of Gnosticism and the Thomas Gospel.

Joseph Campbell on The Crucifixion | A Course in Miracles Explained

Well if we are all manifestations of Jesus and Buddha, yeah let's have a birthday party why not?

Campbell: That which is beyond even the concept of reality! It’s that which transcends all thought. It’s putting you there all the time, and in some way, giving you a line to connect with that mystery which you are and the myths do it, by gosh, they do it.

Now, according to the normal way of thinking about the Christian religion, we cannot identify with Jesus. We have to imitate Jesus, but to say “I am God”, as Jesus said, is for us – blasphemy.

However, in the Thomas Gospel, Jesus says, “He who drinks from my mouth will become as I am, and I shall be He.” Wow. That’s Buddhism.

We are all manifestations of Buddha-consciousness, only we don’t know it. The word “Buddha” means “the one who woke up”. He woke up to the fact that he was Buddha-consciousness. And we are all to do that. To wake up to our Jesus within us. This is blasphemy in the normal way of thinking in Christianity, but it’s the essence of Gnosticism and the Thomas Gospel.

Well if we are all manifestations of Jesus and Buddha, yeah let's have a birthday party why not?

Myth and mysticism .. hmm... one of my favorite subjects and Campbell, double 'hmm...'

What do you imagine "we are all manifestations of Jesus and Buddha" means? You still appear to be stuck on Jesus the human and son of god and Buddha the human. If I am in error please correct me.

Of course I celebrate Christmas and the whole holiday season of American culture. No "Bah Humbug!" here. :lol: what it all means to me on different levels is a whole nother thread

Myth and mysticism .. hmm... one of my favorite subjects and Campbell, double 'hmm...'

What do you imagine "we are all manifestations of Jesus and Buddha" means? You still appear to be stuck on Jesus the human and son of god and Buddha the human. If I am in error please correct me.

Of course I celebrate Christmas and the whole holiday season of American culture. No "Bah Humbug!" here. :lol: what it all means to me on different levels is a whole nother thread

I am not stuck on Jesus as human but your question was bias in it's nature and so I answered it accordingly.:cool:

I am not stuck on Jesus as human but your question was bias in it's nature and so I answered it accordingly.:cool:

:rofl:

What is so funny is you think there exists a question or even a statement referencing Jesus that could be unbiased.

Thank you for the laugh :clap2:

Dante
:cool:

What is so funny is you think there exists a question or even a statement referencing Jesus that could be unbiased.

Dante

What's funny is you think everyone views Jesus as a trinity or personification in some fundamental christian mindset and that is how you bias your question.

Thanks for your spiritual transparency.

Does anyone seriously believe Jesus would celebrate Christmas if he could (miraculously) return?

By anyone you mean? fundamental christians?

Bias part: believe Jesus would celebrate Christmas if he could (miraculously) return?

asking us to imagine Jesus personified and returning in a physical being form ( by a miracle) asking us to think from that standpoint and then give an opinion if we think he would celebrate christmas

Unbiased would be: Does anyone seriously believe in Jesus as son of God or part of a trinity, and if so assuming from that belief he will come back some day do you really think he would celebrate christmas?

Why on earth would Jesus not celebrate His life? If people wanted to throw a birthday celebration for me, I would have no problem with it. Even if it wasnt my birthday. If they want to celebrate me, why not? Not sure why anyone would want to, but if they did, why take it from them?

You don't think Jesus likes birthday parties? That's interesting...

Pardon me for assuming a man who believed that horrid old Bible was a good book and who ran headlong into execution, condemning poor Judas and others to a life of torture, would not celebrate Xmas. :cool:

Why on earth would Jesus not celebrate His life? If people wanted to throw a birthday celebration for me, I would have no problem with it. Even if it wasnt my birthday. If they want to celebrate me, why not? Not sure why anyone would want to, but if they did, why take it from them?

Ahh, celebrating life is one thing. Celebrating the nonsense behind the stories of JESUS' life is another. I guess it all depends on how we each, individually view Jesus and tbe lessons surrounding the myths of the man's life.

Dante

What's funny is you think everyone views Jesus as a trinity or personification in some fundamental christian mindset and that is how you bias your question.

Bias part: believe Jesus would celebrate Christmas if he could (miraculously) return?

asking us to imagine Jesus personified and returning in a physical being form ( by a miracle) asking us to think from that standpoint and then give an opinion if we think he would celebrate christmas

Unbiased would be: Does anyone seriously believe in Jesus as son of God or part of a trinity, and if so assuming from that belief he will come back some day do you really think he would celebrate christmas?

Of course I view it as funny that you sort of deny most everyone views Jesus as a trinity or personification in some fundamental christian mindset. This informs and defines our western culture. My bias is as obvious as yours or anyone else's. That is the point I thought I made clear. Evidently I did not,

mea culpa, mea culpa

---

Now "Does anyone seriously believe in Jesus as son of God or part of a trinity, and if so assuming from that belief he will come back some day do you really think he would celebrate christmas?"

Your rephrasing question wrongly assumes Dante was asking only Christians who believe in the trinity.

Dante

Of course I view it as funny that you sort of deny most everyone views Jesus as a trinity or personification in some fundamental christian mindset. This informs and defines our western culture. My bias is as obvious as yours or anyone else's. That is the point I thought I made clear. Evidently I did not,

mea culpa, mea culpa

---

Now "Does anyone seriously believe in Jesus as son of God or part of a trinity, and if so assuming from that belief he will come back some day do you really think he would celebrate christmas?"

Your rephrasing question wrongly assumes Dante was asking only Christians who believe in the trinity.

:cool: can't avoid it

You don't think Jesus likes birthday parties? That's interesting...

Pardon me for assuming a man who believed that horrid old Bible was a good book and who ran headlong into execution, condemning poor Judas and others to a life of torture, would not celebrate Xmas.

What's "Xmas"? And why don't you think Jesus would like birthday parties?

Forum List

Back