Does Breast Cancer belong in the NFL?

I'll tell you what, I'll scream until the NFL stops this foolishness, or I'll stop watching. I'm already pretty close to not giving a shit about the NFL, the only reason it's an issue is because if I don't stop the activists now, when will I?
I stopped giving a damn about the NFL a while ago. I much prefer college football.
It says you are from Washington D.C. A former Redskins fan perhaps? If so, I can't blame you!
LOL. There is a scorched earth mentality around here - no such thing as a former Redskins fan. ;)

In all honesty, I really cannot get into NFL football any longer. There was a time, but it does nothing for me now.

Now.. have any of you actually petitioned the NFL, or even called them?

Or, is this the extent of your huffing and puffing?

I called the Lions. I pointed out they they are hardly in a position to engage in this kind of tom-foolery considering their recent record. They did tell me that they valued my opinion, which is business speak for "go f*** yourself".

I still gotta go with the Dude here.

No problem with Breast Cancer Awareness....but why the link to the NFL?

17 week season, we can have a different cause every week..

Breast Cancer, AIDS, Muscular Distrophy (gotta support Jerry Lewis), Autism awareness, Juvenile Diabetes, Alcohol awareness, Domestic abuse, Gun Safety (for Plax), Erectile Disfunction (for Steroid users).....

All are equally worthy of an NFL "Day"

And I expect that all would have their "day" if someone got off their butts and promoted the cause as hard as women with breast cancer did... So..are you guys angry that someone didn't do anything about the rest of the worthy causes, or are you angry that someone DID do something about one?
My objections are what has been laid out here.

Held up against the extremely strict edicts from the NFL about what was a "proper" way to pay tribute to Pat Tillman -an actual NFL player- vs. this display completely unrelated to anything dealing with footbal, the differences are both stark and instructive.

What got me about Pat Tillman who should have a permanent tribute from the NFL is that when Jake Plummer, his former roomate in college, wanted to put a small tribute to Pat on his helmet, the NFL threatened to fine him.

No problem with pink....but now that the genie is out of the bottle, don't the other charities get to say "But you did it for Breast Cancer...why not AIDS, why not autism, why not domestic abuse? Aren't we as worthy as Breast Cancer?"

There's nothing football fans can do to stop breast cancer, or any other kind of cancer. The NFL is something that guy watch once a week, for 4 months. The only thing activists do by interfering in that is piss a lot of people off. Stay out of the guy stuff. That's all I ask.

I don't mind if they put a coffee can in my workplace asking me for a donation. I don't mind if they stand in the road at traffic lights trying to get my money. I don't even mind if they call me at home (during reasonable hours) asking for a donation. But, stay away from the NFL, and shame on the NFL for even agreeing to this politically correct bullshit.

I'd say the guys and girls that watch it are probably pretty evenly matched by now.. So, breast cancer awareness is for the girls, and half nekkid chicks pushing their boobs up to their neckline while holding large beers is for the guys..

Problem?
I don't know what they did on tv...but during the game on the big screens during breaks some of the cheerleaders appeared in pink *gasp* and others still appeared as they usually do, half naked. No one at the game objected to any of it.

Now.. have any of you actually petitioned the NFL, or even called them?

Or, is this the extent of your huffing and puffing?

I called the Lions. I pointed out they they are hardly in a position to engage in this kind of tom-foolery considering their recent record. They did tell me that they valued my opinion, which is business speak for "go f*** yourself".

Ah, but at least you made your displeasure known where it counts, rather than just chalking something up to a "charade" to tick people off, and spewing crap where it doesn't matter. Kudos to you! (and rep) :razz:

I didn't know football was guy stuff.

Football is football...when I go to games there are just as many female fans.

Maybe that is what this is about. Women are okay as cheerleaders but as fans they should be ignored...at least that is what message I'm receiving from the dbags on this thread.
Yes, lots of female fans. And the NFL is paying attention to that. It's good business.

Whether or not sexism is involved, there are much more important sexism battles to fight, IMO.

I stopped giving a damn about the NFL a while ago. I much prefer college football.
It says you are from Washington D.C. A former Redskins fan perhaps? If so, I can't blame you!
LOL. There is a scorched earth mentality around here - no such thing as a former Redskins fan. ;)

In all honesty, I really cannot get into NFL football any longer. There was a time, but it does nothing for me now.
I read your post. I know it's in English. But I don't understand it! You see, I'm from Pittsburgh. This just does not compute: I really cannot get into NFL football any longer. There was a time, but it does nothing for me now. I even rubbed my eyes to clear what I thought was some fog or mental block! It does nothing for me now?!? As applied to the NFL?!?

I'm just spoiled I guess!:lol:

Just as many female fans as male? Liar! I'm calling you out. I call Bullshit. Go cry to the other member of the thought police, maybe you and Jillian can fire up the clippers and give each other a she-mullet and then partake in the joys of the NFL, NASCAR, and Waffle House.

I read your post. I know it's in English. But I don't understand it! You see, I'm from Pittsburgh. This just does not compute: I really cannot get into NFL football any longer. There was a time, but it does nothing for me now. I even rubbed my eyes to clear what I thought was some fog or mental block! It does nothing for me now?!? As applied to the NFL?!?

LOL.

(I never was a fan of the Redskins. But I have to keep that on the lowdown around here. ;))

If I lived in Pittsburgh I likely wouldn't be a fan of their team, either - probably for similar reasons.

*ducks from fallout of torquing off a Steelers fan*

Just as many female fans as male? Liar! I'm calling you out. I call Bullshit. Go cry to the other member of the thought police, maybe you and Jillian can fire up the clippers and give each other a she-mullet and then partake in the joys of the NFL, NASCAR, and Waffle House.

Do you have stats to back up your "bullshit" claim? Ever been to a Packer game at Lambeau? It's damn near evenly matched...

Do you have stats to back up your "bullshit" claim? Ever been to a Packer game at Lambeau? It's damn near evenly matched...

All I have is personal experience. Every guy in this country will vouch for it. So, on a personal note, do you join Jillian and Ravi when they "ride the wild washing-machines"?

LMAO. I never said there were just as many. I said there are lots and it's significant, though. And, evidently the NFL considers it a significant marketing demographic. I'm making such a conclusion based on their recent pink-scapades. Speculation, of course, but I believe it is reasonable to assume that the NFL thinks their female market demographic is significant.

I'm just not in a personally confident position to think there is anything sexist about complaints about the pink.

LOL.

(I never was a fan of the Redskins. But I have to keep that on the lowdown around here. ;))

If I lived in Pittsburgh I likely wouldn't be a fan of their team, either - probably for similar reasons.

Folks here have the Steeler logo carved into their tombstones! They paint their houses black and gold. Folks get Steeler logos and icons tattooed to themselves! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE wears Steeler swag nearly every day! My dear friend from Brooklyn came here for the first time last January. I took her to the Strip District (the wholesale grocery district. a fun and quirky neighborhood in Pittsburgh featuring great little restaurants and shops) She could not believe the level of enthusiasm for our team! Nothing in America compares with it.

There is no way you could live here and be disinterested in the Steelers!

Last edited:

LOL.

Folks here have the Steeler logo carved into their tombstones! They paint their houses black and gold. Folks get Steeler logos and icons tattooed to themselves! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE wears Steeler swag nearly every day! My dear friend from Brooklyn came here for the first time last January. I took her to the Strip District (the wholesale grocery district. a fun and quirky neighborhood in Pittsburgh featuring great little restaurants and shops) She could not believe the level of enthusiasm for our team! Nothing in America compares with it.

But me a Lemon Blend an I will forgive you. ;)

LOL.

I'll meet yinz at Islays for a chip-chop ham sammich!:lol:

I'll meet yinz at Islays for a chip-chop ham sammich!:lol:
Can I get an ice cream sammich for desert? And I'll put a gum band around the doggie bag from Islays to keep it from leaking in the car.

But right now, I need to rid up my office.

(Both parents were from there, so I picked up some Pittsburghese growing up.)

Last edited:

All I have is personal experience. Every guy in this country will vouch for it. So, on a personal note, do you join Jillian and Ravi when they "ride the wild washing-machines"?

I don't recall insulting you once in this entire thread, but if that's what you want to stoop to, I'll be more than happy to oblige, and I have it on good authority, that I'm better at it than most people...

So, you're going to use "personal experience" to speak for "every guy in this country"? You might want to get some better stats than that because they don't jive with my personal experiences.

Forum List

Back