Does God love us?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
If yes, then how do explain how eventually our host star the Sun will enter a red giant phase, expand so much that the planets Mercury, Venus, and Earth will literally reside in it? And a couple billion years before that the Andromeda galaxy will 'crash into' the Milky Way galaxy causing a bit of a problem. As if this weren't bad enough, His laws of physics gave rise to things like nuclear weapons, biochemical weapons, and industry which now makes it possible for His "children" to shoot themselves finding their dad's gun as it were and wipe ourselves out.

When we kill ourselves, or the ANdromeda galaxy does, or our own Sun, will the last human alive before the Earth literally melts, gets hurled off into the infinite void of space, or simply explodes still be thinking "God loves me?"

On a related tangent, why make a universe so vast then impose an absolute speed limit ensuring no one can ever get around within it? Seems like bad design to me.

When the universe ends in a trillion or somethign years as the last star depletes the last photon and the whole universe goes dark, freezes, and anything left alive in it freezes to death at Absolute Zero, what about Heaven?

Maybe you can send God a resume along with a cover letter explaining that you would make a good replacement for his position if he ever decides to retire.

That's got to be the oldest circular argument - if god is god, he doesn't care about the little gnats on Planet Earth. If he did love human beings, he would not torture so many with terrible diseases - especially children and babies.

OTOH, there's no end to the excuses ... god moves in mysterious ways, yadda yadda.

If yes, then how do explain how eventually our host star the Sun will enter a red giant phase, expand so much that the planets Mercury, Venus, and Earth will literally reside in it? And a couple billion years before that the Andromeda galaxy will 'crash into' the Milky Way galaxy causing a bit of a problem. As if this weren't bad enough, His laws of physics gave rise to things like nuclear weapons, biochemical weapons, and industry which now makes it possible for His "children" to shoot themselves finding their dad's gun as it were and wipe ourselves out.

When we kill ourselves, or the ANdromeda galaxy does, or our own Sun, will the last human alive before the Earth literally melts, gets hurled off into the infinite void of space, or simply explodes still be thinking "God loves me?"

On a related tangent, why make a universe so vast then impose an absolute speed limit ensuring no one can ever get around within it? Seems like bad design to me.
D4E, great questions, really, they are. But, the human mind and its limited knowledge can't give you any answers, at least none that would make sense. Man doesn't know but a very small amount about the Earth we live on, and certainly even less about the universe and it's workings.

Don't let these questions keep from getting enough sleep.

D4E, great questions, really, they are. But, the human mind and its limited knowledge can't give you any answers, at least none that would make sense. Man doesn't know but a very small amount about the Earth we live on, and certainly even less about the universe and it's workings.

Nice quote comes to mind, "I don't fear answers, only running out of questions."

Nice quote comes to mind, "I don't fear answers, only running out of questions."
But you do not believe in God and you will never believe in God so why ask the question?

But you do not believe in God and you will never believe in God so why ask the question?

Because, unlike those who assert a belief in God I admit I may be wrong.

No amount of proof in the world short of God personally showing up before you would convince you. There is always one more, 'ya, but'.

No amount of proof in the world short of God personally showing up before you would convince you. There is always one more, 'ya, but'.

Is that so much to ask? If God cares whether we believe in Him or not, shouldn't He periodically remind us? If He can do anything, surely some miraculous impossible to describe as anything but 'God did it' isn't beyond His means. Gave His word He would never again destroy all flesh. Never said He would never remove doubt of His existence.

Is that so much to ask? If God cares whether we believe in Him or not, shouldn't He periodically remind us? If He can do anything, surely some miraculous impossible to describe as anything but 'God did it' isn't beyond His means. Gave His word He would never again destroy all flesh. Never said He would never remove doubt of His existence.
You're atheist. Please quit saying otherwise.

Why is it that you fundie nutters are always purposely pushing people away from "god"?

Areligious I like to say. I don't believe in religions or religions' ideas of gods. I do believe in us, and that in the vast universe there's likely lots of other 'us's throughout. Assuming religious accounts of gods aren't complete fabrications, it's possible one or more accounts was of an alien playing at 'god' for any number of reasons.

An alien letting us humans believe they were angels or gods then left for home would explain many things. Not the least of which being why we haven't heard from them in a while. If travelling to another star system near the speed of light, they could well be in transit still. Short while since leaving to them, thousands of years for us. :)

Plus it makes much more sense an alien species encountering us even now might opt to pretend to be angels or gods. Given how we depict aliens in most movies, they might assume a better reaction to angelic figures and deities than "aliens" proper.

But most religious ideas of gods ask us to believe they're all-powerful. If you're all-powerful yet bizarrely care what we think or do, you're not all-powerful. You don't even have power over yourself yet. You still care what other people think. Heck, we covered that as children when paretns told us sticks n stones and not to care about bullies teasing and taunting us. Yet "God" missed that lesson? I don't think so.

Everything religions say gods want reads much more like something imperfect human beings pretending to be God wants.

Why is it that you fundie nutters are always purposely pushing people away from "god"?

Religion works best when you surround yourself with people nodding in agreement with every crazy thing you say. If someone doesn't agree you get rid of them.

QUOTE]

You mean like create the heavens and earth? You mean like creating life? You mean like parting the Red Sea? You mean like sending manna from heaven? You mean like sending his Son to earth and then rising on the third day? You mean miracles and reminders like that?

He's going to miss you terribly.

Areligious I like to say. I don't believe in religions or religions' ideas of gods. I do believe in us, and that in the vast universe there's likely lots of other 'us's throughout. Assuming religious accounts of gods aren't complete fabrications, it's possible one or more accounts was of an alien playing at 'god' for any number of reasons.

An alien letting us humans believe they were angels or gods then left for home would explain many things. Not the least of which being why we haven't heard from them in a while. If travelling to another star system near the speed of light, they could well be in transit still. Short while since leaving to them, thousands of years for us. :)

Plus it makes much more sense an alien species encountering us even now might opt to pretend to be angels or gods. Given how we depict aliens in most movies, they might assume a better reaction to angelic figures and deities than "aliens" proper.

But most religious ideas of gods ask us to believe they're all-powerful. If you're all-powerful yet bizarrely care what we think or do, you're not all-powerful. You don't even have power over yourself yet. You still care what other people think. Heck, we covered that as children when paretns told us sticks n stones and not to care about bullies teasing and taunting us. Yet "God" missed that lesson? I don't think so.

Everything religions say gods want reads much more like something imperfect human beings pretending to be God wants.
Gravity probably has laws you don't like either. You should reinvent that too while your at it.

Religion works best when you surround yourself with people nodding in agreement with every crazy thing you say. If someone doesn't agree you get rid of them.
Oh, if it were only so easy.

So back to the OP...When we wipe ourselves out, or some natural process 'God created' does, wont that mean God didn't love us afterall? Or that God lied. Or the Bible was wrong. Or God's imperfect designing a flawed Earth or universe?

So back to the OP...When we wipe ourselves out, or some natural process 'God created' does, wont that mean God didn't love us afterall? Or that God lied. Or the Bible was wrong. Or God's imperfect designing a flawed Earth or universe?
Discussing God's rational does not really make any sense if you are an atheist.

Forum List

Back