does God love us?

Just because you perceive God to be some magical fairy tale and skew everything to that end doesn't mean I have to. It's no wonder there is no evidence you will accept for God's existence.

Your (fucked up) perception of God is not my perception of God. My perception of God is consciousness without form. That Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality. Such that Mind has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. It's not a coincidence that the universe popped into existence hardwired to produce intelligence.

No goal post moving here. This has always been my assertion, dummy.
The Bible (which is my final source of authority) tells us that we were made in His image, therefore He's not without a form. That's certainly one area where you and I differ on this issue.
It makes sense that the men who wrote the bible wanted to say they were made in the image of a god. It's called narcissism.
Actually it's more narcissistic to believe you are your own god. As for being created in the image of God, I read it to mean that man is different than all of God's other creatures because man is a being which knows and creates. It should be fairly obvious to all that we are different than the other animals in the animal kingdom.
That was from alien intervention that humans got smart around 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. Before that we were an ape-like species for like, 5 million years.
I see. Where did the aliens get their intelligence from?
Not from you, that's for sure. :biggrin:
Right. But where did the aliens get their intelligence from?
At school?
There must be a first cause and that first cause must be mind.
Because you say so?
Because logic says so.
So you have nothing but your illogical opinion. Got it.
Not exactly

This video is banned from our discussions, it shows nothing but some guy's OPINION. Got anything else? And quote the relevant part. It's a fail when you post a video or some other general link to nothing specific.

I'm sorry the universe popping into existence hardwired to produce intelligence freaks you out. But there it is.

Just because you perceive God to be some magical fairy tale and skew everything to that end doesn't mean I have to. It's no wonder there is no evidence you will accept for God's existence.

Your (fucked up) perception of God is not my perception of God. My perception of God is consciousness without form. That Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality. Such that Mind has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. It's not a coincidence that the universe popped into existence hardwired to produce intelligence.

The Bible (which is my final source of authority) tells us that we were made in His image, therefore He's not without a form. That's certainly one area where you and I differ on this issue.
It makes sense that the men who wrote the bible wanted to say they were made in the image of a god. It's called narcissism.
Actually it's more narcissistic to believe you are your own god. As for being created in the image of God, I read it to mean that man is different than all of God's other creatures because man is a being which knows and creates. It should be fairly obvious to all that we are different than the other animals in the animal kingdom.
That was from alien intervention that humans got smart around 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. Before that we were an ape-like species for like, 5 million years.
At school?
Because you say so?
Because logic says so.
Not exactly

This video is banned from our discussions, it shows nothing but some guy's OPINION. Got anything else? And quote the relevant part. It's a fail when you post a video or some other general link to nothing specific.

I'm sorry the universe popping into existence hardwired to produce intelligence freaks you out. But there it is.

This guy doesn't mention that.

At school?
Because you say so?
Because logic says so.
Not exactly

Right, he just mentions the universe was created from nothing.

The fact that intelligence arose according to the laws of nature should be self evident even to you. :)

At school?
Because you say so?
Because logic says so.
Not exactly

The fact that intelligence arose according to the laws of nature should be self evident even to you. :)

So you just confirmed that he didn't say all that hardwired shit you made up.

And he's an idiot he thinks he knows what was at the beginning of the BB. We all know that nobody can see that yet. Even you know that.

At school?
Because you say so?
Because logic says so.
Not exactly

And he's an idiot he thinks he knows what was at the beginning of the BB. We all know that nobody can see that yet. Even you know that.

Anyone who understand evolution, understands that evolution is not random, Taz. Intelligence exists because it is hardwired into the laws of nature. It's not an accident.

But if you want to believe the evolution of space and time from big bang to intelligence is random and accidental, knock yourself out.

At school?
Because you say so?
Because logic says so.
Not exactly

Anyone who understand evolution, understands that evolution is not random, Taz. Intelligence exists because it is hardwired into the laws of nature. It's not an accident.

But if you want to believe the evolution of space and time from big bang to intelligence is random and accidental, knock yourself out.

You make it seem like you discovered that. The universe has intelligence in it, so you say it was hardwired for that. Thanks Mr Obvious.

At school?
Because you say so?
Because logic says so.
Not exactly

You make it seem like you discovered that. The universe has intelligence in it, so you say it was hardwired for that. Thanks Mr Obvious.

I don't act like anything. The universe being hardwired to produce intelligence is self evident. Which is exactly what I said before.

So it is not a coincidence that after the universe popped into existence that eventually intelligence arose from the universe being created out of nothing. It was destined by the laws of nature.

So it is not a coincidence that after the universe popped into existence that eventually intelligence arose from the universe being created out of nothing. It was destined by the laws of nature.
Easy to say after the fact.

So do you live by god's rules to get something or because you are afraid of punishment?

It's not a difficult question
If you mean do people live by God's rules in anticipating a good afterlife, then my answer is no. I live by God's rules because it creates a better life for me right here, right now. I always compare it to either following or ignoring a "Danger--Quicksand" sign. Obedience results in a better experience than ignoring it and trampling on.

The same is true of following the signs of honoring parents, of not stealing or lying. Result, a better life in the here and now. What we call "Laws" can be looked at as common sense advice.
Ding's statement was that people only do things for 2 reasons to get something or to avoid punishment.

And yet people lie cheat steal and murder all the time.

And most of the people who do those things will say they believe in a god.

But the code of the social behaviors set forth in the 10 Commandments weren't original ideas as they were around long before Moses supposedly was given them
That was actually your statement about religion. I just turned it around on you.
no you didn't you even told me to read Kohlberg's essays on morality.

And I disagreed with you that there are only those 2 simplistic reasons why people do what they do.

And my statement on religion was that it plays to fear and greed.

So do you live by god's rules to get something or because you are afraid of punishment?

It's not a difficult question
If you mean do people live by God's rules in anticipating a good afterlife, then my answer is no. I live by God's rules because it creates a better life for me right here, right now. I always compare it to either following or ignoring a "Danger--Quicksand" sign. Obedience results in a better experience than ignoring it and trampling on.

The same is true of following the signs of honoring parents, of not stealing or lying. Result, a better life in the here and now. What we call "Laws" can be looked at as common sense advice.
Ding's statement was that people only do things for 2 reasons to get something or to avoid punishment.

And yet people lie cheat steal and murder all the time.

And most of the people who do those things will say they believe in a god.

But the code of the social behaviors set forth in the 10 Commandments weren't original ideas as they were around long before Moses supposedly was given them
That was actually your statement about religion. I just turned it around on you.
no you didn't you even told me to read Kohlberg's essays on morality.

And I disagreed with you that there are only those 2 simplistic reasons why people do what they do.

And my statement on religion was that it plays to fear and greed.
Bull Ring, bro. Bull Ring

Yes, it would have been very difficult to say ~14 billion years ago. :rolleyes:
Well, except the arose out of nothing part. We can't see that yet. Remember?

CMB (i.e. radiation) was formed early and decoupled from matter when temps dropped, so yeah, we can, dummy.

CMB (i.e. radiation) was formed early and decoupled from matter when temps dropped, so yeah, we can, dummy.
CMB only formed later ("decoupled from matter when temps dropped"), not in the first second of the BB.

CMB only formed later ("decoupled from matter when temps dropped"), not in the first second of the BB.
Actually the radiation was created in the first second, dummy, and was coupled to the matter until the temp dropped.

I'm going to make a bull ring call out thread especially for you.

Actually the radiation was created in the first second, dummy, and was coupled to the matter until the temp dropped.

You can't know what was created in the first second, cum guzzler. You're too much of an imbecile for me to keep debating this shit with you. See ya.

You can't know what was created in the first second, cum guzzler. You're too much of an imbecile for me to keep debating this shit with you. See ya.
The University of Oregon says otherwise, dummy. This is standard stuff.

I'm going to call you out in the bull ring and bend you over for all to see. :lol:

1616936351323.png

The University of Oregon says otherwise, dummy. This is standard stuff.

I'm going to call you out in the bull ring and bend you over for all to see. :lol:

View attachment 473424

You such a fucking imbecile it's astounding. Here, the first line of your line . THE FIRST FUCKING LINE!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

"During era of decoupling (about 400,000 years after Big Bang) cosmic microwave background appears"

400 000 FUCKING YEARS AFTER THE BB.

Forum List

Back