does God love us?

It makes sense that the men who wrote the bible wanted to say they were made in the image of a god. It's called narcissism.
Kinda like finding already inhabited land and calling it America. I get it.

But that's another topic.
Or taking credit for being the blues man?

Not the blues man

a blues man

those pesky words and their meanings again huh?
Still... very narcissistic of you to make that claim.

No it's not a blues man is a musician that plays blues.

There's nothing grandiose about it.
Of course you would say that.

OK what makes being a blues man so grandiose that any musician who describes himself as one is being narcissistic?
It's not that. It's you presenting yourself in the best light... all the time.

How is my screen name doing that?

The term Blues Man is generic and there have been literally millions of musicians who call themselves blues men.

And I'm the first one to admit I'm not perfect but you have a problem with anyone who disagrees with you.
Yeah, I got all that. Try to keep up.

I don't have a problem with people who disagree with me. I have a problem with people who try to subordinate faith in God.

Oh you mean like asking you the question do you live by the word of god to get something or because you're afraid of being punished if you don't?

Because you said that people only do good things to get something and that they don't break the law because they are afraid of the punishment.

Or were you not including yourself in that proclamation?

And I notice you still haven't answered it.
More like you wouldn't admit that you don't break laws to not be punished. That kind of best light.

As for your fucked up logic, if people truly believed they would burn in hell they wouldn't do the things they do, dummy. So, no, I don't see anyone changing their behavior because they fear hell.

It makes sense that the men who wrote the bible wanted to say they were made in the image of a god. It's called narcissism.

Not the blues man

a blues man

OK what makes being a blues man so grandiose that any musician who describes himself as one is being narcissistic?

The term Blues Man is generic and there have been literally millions of musicians who call themselves blues men.

And I'm the first one to admit I'm not perfect but you have a problem with anyone who disagrees with you.

I don't have a problem with people who disagree with me. I have a problem with people who try to subordinate faith in God.

Oh you mean like asking you the question do you live by the word of god to get something or because you're afraid of being punished if you don't?

Because you said that people only do good things to get something and that they don't break the law because they are afraid of the punishment.

More like you wouldn't admit that you don't break laws to not be punished. That kind of best light.

As for your fucked up logic, if people truly believed they would burn in hell they wouldn't do the things they do, dummy. So, no, I don't see anyone changing their behavior because they fear hell.

I already told you I broke lots of laws as a kid and wasn't afraid to get punished. I stole, I sold drugs so where was the fear you speak of then? And I didn't ask about other people I asked about YOU.

So then I'll assume you're into god for the rewards instead . After all those are the only 2 reason for any behavior according to you.

Not the blues man

a blues man

I already told you I broke lots of laws as a kid and wasn't afraid to get punished. I stole, I sold drugs so where was the fear you speak of then? And I didn't ask about other people I asked about YOU.

So then I'll assume you're into god for the rewards instead . After all those are the only 2 reason for any behavior according to you.
If I were in it for the rewards I wouldn't do half the things I do, dummy. Like call you dummy for example.

Not the blues man

a blues man

If I were in it for the rewards I wouldn't do half the things I do, dummy. Like call you dummy for example.

But those are the only two reasons for the way people behave according to you.

I said to you that I don't beat up old ladies .

You said the only reason I don't beat up old ladies is that I fear being punished for it.

Or are you going to lie and say that you didn't actually write that in this thread?

So if you are going to be honest for a change and stand by your statements. (which I highly doubt) then you will have to agree with me that the only reason you believe in god is to get something or to avoid punishment.

And you always start calling people names when you get backed into a corner

Not the blues man

a blues man

You said the only reason I don't beat up old ladies is that I fear being punished for it.

Or are you going to lie and say that you didn't actually write that in this thread?

So if you are going to be honest for a change and stand by your statements. (which I highly doubt) then you will have to agree with me that the only reason you believe in god is to get something or to avoid punishment.

I am being honest. My faith has never taught to do the right thing to get into heaven and to avoid going to hell.

Just because you perceive God to be some magical fairy tale and skew everything to that end doesn't mean I have to. It's no wonder there is no evidence you will accept for God's existence.

Your (fucked up) perception of God is not my perception of God. My perception of God is consciousness without form. That Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality. Such that Mind has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. It's not a coincidence that the universe popped into existence hardwired to produce intelligence.

No goal post moving here. This has always been my assertion, dummy.
The Bible (which is my final source of authority) tells us that we were made in His image, therefore He's not without a form. That's certainly one area where you and I differ on this issue.
Actually it's more narcissistic to believe you are your own god. As for being created in the image of God, I read it to mean that man is different than all of God's other creatures because man is a being which knows and creates. It should be fairly obvious to all that we are different than the other animals in the animal kingdom.
That was from alien intervention that humans got smart around 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. Before that we were an ape-like species for like, 5 million years.
I see. Where did the aliens get their intelligence from?
Not from you, that's for sure. :biggrin:
Right. But where did the aliens get their intelligence from?
At school?

Just because you perceive God to be some magical fairy tale and skew everything to that end doesn't mean I have to. It's no wonder there is no evidence you will accept for God's existence.

Your (fucked up) perception of God is not my perception of God. My perception of God is consciousness without form. That Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality. Such that Mind has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. It's not a coincidence that the universe popped into existence hardwired to produce intelligence.

The Bible (which is my final source of authority) tells us that we were made in His image, therefore He's not without a form. That's certainly one area where you and I differ on this issue.
Actually it's more narcissistic to believe you are your own god. As for being created in the image of God, I read it to mean that man is different than all of God's other creatures because man is a being which knows and creates. It should be fairly obvious to all that we are different than the other animals in the animal kingdom.
That was from alien intervention that humans got smart around 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. Before that we were an ape-like species for like, 5 million years.
At school?
There must be a first cause and that first cause must be mind.

Not the blues man

a blues man

I am being honest. My faith has never taught to do the right thing to get into heaven and to avoid going to hell.
Once again you dodge the question.

I didn't ask you what your faith taught you.

You said that the only reasons people do things is that they want something or they are afraid of punishment.

So do you live by god's rules to get something or because you are afraid of punishment?

It's not a difficult question

At school?
Because you say so?

At school?
Because you say so?
Because logic says so.

Not the blues man

a blues man

You said that the only reasons people do things is that they want something or they are afraid of punishment.

So do you live by god's rules to get something or because you are afraid of punishment?

But you dispute that the only reasons you do things is that you want something or you are afraid of punishment. Right? Of course then you turn right around and say others do that, right? So which is it?

Let's take this to the bull ring so we can be more efficient.

At school?
Because you say so?
Because logic says so.
So you have nothing but your illogical opinion. Got it.

At school?
Because you say so?
Because logic says so.
Not exactly

At school?
Because you say so?
Because logic says so.
Not exactly

This video is banned from our discussions, it shows nothing but some guy's OPINION. Got anything else? And quote the relevant part. It's a fail when you post a video or some other general link to nothing specific.

Not the blues man

a blues man

But you dispute that the only reasons you do things is that you want something or you are afraid of punishment. Right? Of course then you turn right around and say others do that, right? So which is it?

dingbat wants to grab your balls in the bull ring.

Not the blues man

a blues man

You are the one who made that statement. I never agreed with it.

So now you're telling me that the statement YOU made multiple times doesn't apply to you.

Once again we see on full display your disingenuous.

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz

If you mean do people live by God's rules in anticipating a good afterlife, then my answer is no. I live by God's rules because it creates a better life for me right here, right now. I always compare it to either following or ignoring a "Danger--Quicksand" sign. Obedience results in a better experience than ignoring it and trampling on.

The same is true of following the signs of honoring parents, of not stealing or lying. Result, a better life in the here and now. What we call "Laws" can be looked at as common sense advice.

If you mean do people live by God's rules in anticipating a good afterlife, then my answer is no. I live by God's rules because it creates a better life for me right here, right now. I always compare it to either following or ignoring a "Danger--Quicksand" sign. Obedience results in a better experience than ignoring it and trampling on.

The same is true of following the signs of honoring parents, of not stealing or lying. Result, a better life in the here and now. What we call "Laws" can be looked at as common sense advice.
Ding's statement was that people only do things for 2 reasons to get something or to avoid punishment.

And yet people lie cheat steal and murder all the time.

And most of the people who do those things will say they believe in a god.

But the code of the social behaviors set forth in the 10 Commandments weren't original ideas as they were around long before Moses supposedly was given them

Not the blues man

a blues man

You are the one who made that statement. I never agreed with it.

So now you're telling me that the statement YOU made multiple times doesn't apply to you.

Once again we see on full display your disingenuous.
Let's debate this in the bull ring, OK?

Ding's statement was that people only do things for 2 reasons to get something or to avoid punishment.

And yet people lie cheat steal and murder all the time.

And most of the people who do those things will say they believe in a god.

But the code of the social behaviors set forth in the 10 Commandments weren't original ideas as they were around long before Moses supposedly was given them
That was actually your statement about religion. I just turned it around on you.

Forum List

Back