Does Paul Ryan Ever Tell the Truth?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
The teabagger idiot is always plagarizing other people's work. When will the right call him out on it?

Paul Ryan's Free School Lunch Story Never Actually Happened

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) fired up the audience Thursday at the Conservative Political Action Conference with an anecdote about what he called the heartlessness of giving out free school lunches -- but it turns out that "moving" story never really happened.

Ryan used a story about a young boy choosing a lovingly made brown bag lunch over a free school meal, relayed to him by Wisconsin Department of Children and Families Secretary Eloise Anderson, to illustrate that Democrats offer Americans a "full stomach and an empty soul."

But when Washington Post fact checker Glenn Kessler looked into that tale, he gave it "four pinocchios" because Anderson presented it out of context.

Kessler found Anderson told the story at a 2013 congressional hearing that Ryan chaired, and claimed she had spoken to the boy herself. Kessler notes her story closely paralleled an exchange from a book called "An Invisible Thread," in which an executive offers to either give a young, homeless panhandler money to eat for the week or else make lunch for him each day. The boy insists on having his lunch made for him in a brown-paper bag, because that means "somebody cares" about him.

A spokesman for Anderson told Kessler that the secretary "misspoke" and was actually describing a television interview she had seen with Maurice Mazcyk, the boy described in the book. Kessler further noted that school lunch is not brought up in the book, which means Anderson inserted the program into the anecdote.

The author of "An Invisible Thread," Laurie Schroff, spoke with the Huffington Post about Ryan's CPAC remarks and the origins of Anderson's anecdote. She asserted that her book was not "political" and disagreed with Ryan's "full stomach and an empty soul" comment.

"I want people to think about what they can do to make the world a kinder world," Schroff said. "I don't care about Republicans and Democrats. But we are talking about children that need to be fed. Cutting school lunch programs doesn't accomplish that."

Of course, it is CPAC.

We can't expect any of them to tell the truth.

The teabagger idiot is always plagarizing other people's work. When will the right call him out on it?

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) fired up the audience Thursday at the Conservative Political Action Conference with an anecdote about what he called the heartlessness of giving out free school lunches -- but it turns out that "moving" story never really happened.

Ryan used a story about a young boy choosing a lovingly made brown bag lunch over a free school meal, relayed to him by Wisconsin Department of Children and Families Secretary Eloise Anderson, to illustrate that Democrats offer Americans a "full stomach and an empty soul."

But when Washington Post fact checker Glenn Kessler looked into that tale, he gave it "four pinocchios" because Anderson presented it out of context.

Kessler found Anderson told the story at a 2013 congressional hearing that Ryan chaired, and claimed she had spoken to the boy herself. Kessler notes her story closely paralleled an exchange from a book called "An Invisible Thread," in which an executive offers to either give a young, homeless panhandler money to eat for the week or else make lunch for him each day. The boy insists on having his lunch made for him in a brown-paper bag, because that means "somebody cares" about him.

A spokesman for Anderson told Kessler that the secretary "misspoke" and was actually describing a television interview she had seen with Maurice Mazcyk, the boy described in the book. Kessler further noted that school lunch is not brought up in the book, which means Anderson inserted the program into the anecdote.

The author of "An Invisible Thread," Laurie Schroff, spoke with the Huffington Post about Ryan's CPAC remarks and the origins of Anderson's anecdote. She asserted that her book was not "political" and disagreed with Ryan's "full stomach and an empty soul" comment.

"I want people to think about what they can do to make the world a kinder world," Schroff said. "I don't care about Republicans and Democrats. But we are talking about children that need to be fed. Cutting school lunch programs doesn't accomplish that."

Of course, it is CPAC.

seriously; do left-wing nutjobs ever stop crying?

I kind of like Paul Ryan.

BOB SCHIEFFER: Let me ask you this we're going to have this battle come fall about whether to shut down the government if we can't get this fiscal situation worked out, but now some members of your party are talking about threatening to shut downtown government unless the administration agrees not to fund Obamacare, the president's health care plan. Do you think that's a good idea?

REP. PAUL RYAN (R-WIS.): Well, look, we all, Republicans, want to repeal and replace Obamacare. So it's not a matter of whether or not we want to get rid of Obamacare, we do. We're having a debate about the best course of achieving that goal, the best strategy. And with the government shutdown, so to speak, we're talking about discretionary spending, just government agency budgets, but it doesn't affect entitlements. Obamacare is an entitlement like Medicare and Social Security is, and so the entitlement carries on even under a government shutdown scenario. So it's just not that simple and easy. You know, rather than sort of swinging for the fences and trying to take this entire law out with discretionary spending, I think there are more effective ways of achieving that goal. We think that we can do better by delaying this law. We've already had votes to delay other parts of it. Democrats have supported us in that. And so I think there's going to be a better strategy to actually achieve our goal of ultimately delaying it, ultimately replacing Obamacare.

He stood up to the Tea Party. He can't be all that bad.

what the hell difference

You liberal sheep didn't give two shits about your DEAR LEADER lying to the American people in order to pass his fascist ENTITLEMENT insurance scam

REMEMBER, if you like your plan you can keep your plan

they you all have some nerve accusing other of lying

do you feel like a loyal subject to the Democrat party, sheep, useful tools?

Last edited:

Of course, it is CPAC.

He quoted another person, who quoted a story wrong, and that proves all conservatives are liars.

What does it mean when Obama flat out lies?

he quoted what someone else told him and NTG accuses him of lying?

:lol:

what a fucking tool, sissy liberal doesn't even know what lying means...

he quoted what someone else told him and NTG accuses him of lying?

:lol:

what a fucking tool, sissy liberal doesn't even know what lying means...
An Obama sycophant talking about somebody lying. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why I'm not involved with American politics (beyond knowing what's going on.) If with all the life and death stuff going on any given week, the best either side can come up with 'gotcha' journalism, screw em all. Wake me when the revolution begins.

Forum List

Back