Does Ted Cruz Have A Memory Problem?

Your quoted material doesn't say anything about illegally defunding the ACA.

And the clip proves you wrong because it shows video from the past 3 years of Republicans saying they want to shut down the government.

"Shut it down!" was the rallying cry. You must have masturbated to it more than once.

It is most definitely NOT illegal to DEFUND any program, you foolish propagandist.

CONGRESS has control of purse strings, you silly gnat.

And the clip remains irrelevant.

Boehner can "admit" that it was a bad GOP idea. But that doesn't make him right, you dipshit.

Go back to diddling your clit, Tranny.

Sorry, you're wrong, you silly bitch.

I am not sorry that YOU are wrong, Silly Bitch Tranny.

I am not surprised that you are wrong, either.

It comes so naturally to you.

Yup, it was stupid up the butt idea, because that is where the citizens' polls lodged it.

Boehner's right, Ilar is frothing.

Fakey is overdue for his time at Obumbler's anus. He has some serious salad tossing to get to.

Meanwhile, Boehner remains wrong and Fakey remains an utterly unpersuasive liberal Democrat.

Even the senile Bob Schieffer got it. Yesterday on CBS:

“Throughout the government shutdown I opposed a government shutdown. I said we shouldn’t shut the government down, I think it was a mistake that President Obama and the Democrats shut the government down this fall...

BOB SCHIEFFER: --if you didn't threaten to shut down the government, who was it that did? I mean, but we'll go on--

SEN. TED CRUZ: It was Harry Reid and President Obama.

Dude...the whole world knows you did it! I'll bet even your mother blames you!

Liberal dudes and low information lefties, keep pretending you are in the minority and maybe it will come true next time around. The government couldn't have been shut down without the cooperation of the president and the senate.

Harry Reid and President Obama refused to negotiate with the 1 year delay of the ACA and they are the ones who shut down the government.

Harry Reid and President Obama refused to negotiate with the 1 year delay of the ACA and they are the ones who shut down the government.
As I recall, the first point of capitulation (not negotiation) was to defund the entire program. When that was justly laughed off the table, they tried delay. All over the President's signature piece of legislation.

The Tea Party types got a dose of their own medicine. Would they compromise over taxes? Would the President and the Democratic leadership close down the government after a tax hike was roundly rejected?

The Tea Party types OWNED the shutdown. Remember Michelle Bachman saying how hap-hap-happy they were during the first days of the shutdown? Remember how the plot of the shutdown was clearly outlined by Cruz and his Tea Party counterparts in the House? Remember the sober Republican leadership warning them off their plan?

Once the shutdown proved to be as unpopular as all those who issued warnings against it said it would, the Tea Party types tried to change course and reject the shutdown as a Democrat ploy.

You may not remember all that. You may want to parrot the revisionist history that is just too recent to be credible. But I remember. It's easy to document. And November is just 10 months away.

So they threatened to shut down the government if the Democrats didn't pass legislation and it is the Democrats fault for not passing it.

Got it.

So they threatened to shut down the government if the Democrats didn't pass legislation and it is the Democrats fault for not passing it.

Got it.

No you don't got it.
That is not what happened and that is not what I said.

Got it.

No you don't got it.

So you think the Democrats set the terms for the negotiation and then refused to negotiation based on those terms.

Got it.

As I recall, the first point of capitulation (not negotiation) was to defund the entire program. When that was justly laughed off the table, they tried delay. All over the President's signature piece of legislation.

The Tea Party types got a dose of their own medicine. Would they compromise over taxes? Would the President and the Democratic leadership close down the government after a tax hike was roundly rejected?

The Tea Party types OWNED the shutdown. Remember Michelle Bachman saying how hap-hap-happy they were during the first days of the shutdown? Remember how the plot of the shutdown was clearly outlined by Cruz and his Tea Party counterparts in the House? Remember the sober Republican leadership warning them off their plan?

Once the shutdown proved to be as unpopular as all those who issued warnings against it said it would, the Tea Party types tried to change course and reject the shutdown as a Democrat ploy.

You may not remember all that. You may want to parrot the revisionist history that is just too recent to be credible. But I remember. It's easy to document. And November is just 10 months away.

I watched it in real time on the floor on C-Span.
You should watch it because it is easy to document.
The Dems refused to bargain with any amount of delay time, doing that, shut down the Government and then they turned around and delayed it anyway.

Got it.

No you don't got it.

So you think the Democrats set the terms for the negotiation and then refused to negotiation based on those terms.

Got it.

Repubs asked for a one year delay. Dems refused to negotiate like congress has always done in the past.
One party brings up a term that they want and then they negotiate until they can reach a decision that both can agree to. This time Dem's refused and so the Government shut down.

The Dems refused to bargain with any amount of delay time, doing that, shut down the Government and then they turned around and delayed it anyway.
The 'bargaining position' proffered by the Tea Party types was basically capitulate to our demands to scrap Obamacare or we will shut down the government. There was no negotiation about it. The Tea Party types wanted Obamacare on a slab. They knew that the deadlines for implementation were just around the corner. Their keystone piece of legislation was the chloroforming of the ACA. They wanted nothing else. They represent a minority of voters and hold a minority position in the House. But the plan was to put Obamacare in a burlap bag and throw it in the river.

Capitulation ain't negotiation. Shutting down the government was a last resort tactic that blew up in their faces. Now they want to re-write history. We're not that gullible. We are not that blinded by rabid partisanship. We are not the ideological zealots who are roused up by nonsense and blind suspicions and hatreds. Therefore, we're not falling for the ham handed re-writes.

13. Is Obamacare still at risk of getting repealed or defunded?

Republicans would like to think so, but it’s nearly impossible at this point. The U.S. House of Representatives has voted 42 times to dismantle the law, but hasn’t succeeded once. The Democratic-controlled Senate won’t agree to get rid of the law in its entirety. Most recently, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) performed a sham 21-hour “filibuster” in an effort to force the Senate to agree to defund the health law. But that ultimately won’t work either — the money designated to fund Obamacare’s most important provisions has already been appropriated, and can’t be removed unless the law is totally repealed.

You lose again, you silly bitch! :lol:

Look at that. Silly Bitch Tranny quoted some unacknowledged bleatings of some other stupid asshole, and being the silly bitch it is, Tranny accepts it as the truth.

:lmao:

The fact that he's flatly wrong just makes it more entertaining.

Congress can refuse to fund ANY program, you pathetic hack asshole.

They don't require the permission (or the dead hand) of any PRIOR congress to do so, either.
You are clueless, you silly bitch.

The pillars of the law’s health insurance expansion strategy—increased eligibility for Medicaid and the new premium and cost-sharing subsidies for private health insurance—are exempt from the annual appropriations process. These so-called “mandatory” or “entitlement” programs are permanent and have permanent funding authority. Furthermore, the Department of Health and Human Services has the ability to fund related provisions without seeking additional appropriations from Congress. For example, Federal grants to states to plan and build the new health insurance exchanges fall into this category. It also includes funding necessary to immediately lower insurance costs for uninsured individuals with preexisting conditions and early retirees.

Because it wasn't their responsibility to negotiate anything.

It is - Constitutionally - the House Republicans responsibility to fund the government.

I'm sorry that you are unable to understand.

The 'bargaining position' proffered by the Tea Party types was basically capitulate to our demands to scrap Obamacare or we will shut down the government. There was no negotiation about it. The Tea Party types wanted Obamacare on a slab. They knew that the deadlines for implementation were just around the corner. Their keystone piece of legislation was the chloroforming of the ACA. They wanted nothing else. They represent a minority of voters and hold a minority position in the House. But the plan was to put Obamacare in a burlap bag and throw it in the river.

Capitulation ain't negotiation. Shutting down the government was a last resort tactic that blew up in their faces. Now they want to re-write history. We're not that gullible. We are not that blinded by rabid partisanship. We are not the ideological zealots who are roused up by nonsense and blind suspicions and hatreds. Therefore, we're not falling for the ham handed re-writes.

Seems that they are representing the majority of the people who don't want this new ACA.
The majority did not want when it was passed either.

Polls: 77 Percent of Uninsured Don't Want Obamacare, Majority of Voters Want Repeal

Because it wasn't their responsibility to negotiate anything.

It is - Constitutionally - the House Republicans responsibility to fund the government.

I'm sorry that you are unable to understand.

You are not the one who understands that the House holds the purse strings and they have the right to not fund some of the bills. In this case one very unpopular bill.

Last edited:
Yup, it was stupid up the butt idea, because that is where the citizens' polls lodged it.

Boehner's right, Ilar is frothing.

Fakey is overdue for his time at Obumbler's anus. He has some serious salad tossing to get to.

Meanwhile, Boehner remains wrong and Fakey remains an utterly unpersuasive liberal Democrat.

And got your ass kicked on the farm bill.

Ilar and the freak right crowd are all crying. :lol:

Exactly.

The tactic of House republicans had nothing to do with ‘good faith bargaining.’

It had to do solely with a threat to shutdown the government if their unreasonable, unwarranted demands weren’t met.

And when those unreasonable, unwarranted demands weren’t met the GOP followed through and indeed shutdown the Federal government.

Cruz’s lame, failed attempt to shift the blame is a lie, and it’s clear from this thread most on the right are comfortable with being liars.

Dems were the ones when they passed the ACA bill that were unreasonable and used unwarranted demands and against the majority of the people to get this very damaging bill passed.

If Cruz repeats his lie often enough, he thinks people will start to believe it

Same with the lie about Obama's spending, vacations and the rest. They just keep telling the same lies and, I gotta admit - it works.

"if you like your doctor, you can keep him, period"
"if you like your health plan, you can keep it, period"
"Benghazi was caused by a video"
"The IRS is not targeting conservatives"
"NSA is not spying on american citizens"
"corpseman"
"57 states"

yep, just keep lying. do it enough and some people will believe the lies.

Great. Thanks, man. I had misplaced my list of talking point for the midterms. :deal:

The old liberal whack job is just another mouthpiece for the Democrats. He lost any credibility he had ages ago.

Despite the fact that Cruz repeated numerous times that he voted numerous times to fund the entire federal government except for ObamaCare, Schieffer refused to shift blame away from the GOP senator and onto President Obama who failed to compromise once on ObamaCare funding.

Sadly, the long-time Face the Nation host is no stranger to using White House and Democratic talking points to smear the GOP. Just last week, the CBS reporter questioned Robert Gates’s loyalty to President Obama and even compared anti-Obama GOPers to Japanese WWII vets who didn’t know the fight was over.

Bob Schieffer Drags Up Tired Old Attack That Ted Cruz Shut Down Gov?t | NewsBusters

Forum List

Back