Does the Left think Muslims have a Constitutional right....

Whatever, people from other countries certainly don't have any "constitutional right" to immigrate here.
whatever -- no one says they do

Well that's the OP question, so what are you arguing about?

really? the OP:

So what if I were to suggest that the United States stop all immigration from Islamic nations and all immigration from Muslims.

Would that be....racist? Would I be violating their "civil rights"? Isn't the point of immigration policy for any nation to select only those immigrants that are believed to be a net benefit to the country?

We can choose our immigration policy based on anything we like, even religion and national origin. And many nations are now seeing the wisdom of discussion the sequestering of any more Muslims in their country. We should too.
please, ChrisL highlight where this is so

Yes, that's what I said. The OP asks if it is Muslims have a constitutional right to immigrate to America? I say no. Nobody has a constitutional right to immigrate to America.
Hello? you reply to a nutty post as if it were sane?

I've responded to some of YOUR nutty posts too, I believe. :D

do libs realize that Muslims (in the US and Canada) have an avg of over 3 kids per family vs just 1.5 for US households? (eta- might be as low as 1.2 now).

Well it is a good thing that some Americans are reproducing enough to replenish the population- certainly white Americans aren't pulling their weight.

ChrisL "Anyway, the only people that have United States "constitutional" rights are American citizens . . . LEGAL American citizens." = wrong. dead wrong

Whatever, people from other countries certainly don't have any "constitutional right" to immigrate here.

really? the OP:

So what if I were to suggest that the United States stop all immigration from Islamic nations and all immigration from Muslims.

Would that be....racist? Would I be violating their "civil rights"? Isn't the point of immigration policy for any nation to select only those immigrants that are believed to be a net benefit to the country?

We can choose our immigration policy based on anything we like, even religion and national origin. And many nations are now seeing the wisdom of discussion the sequestering of any more Muslims in their country. We should too.

Yes, that's what I said. The OP asks if it is Muslims have a constitutional right to immigrate to America? I say no. Nobody has a constitutional right to immigrate to America.

That of course was the OP question- and you are absolutely correct.

Of course at the heart of the question is can we specifically exclude Muslims? I think that would be a grey area when it comes the Constitution

Of course enforcing such a law would mean either asking all immigrants to tell us their religion or asking all applicants to confirm that they are or are not Muslim- and then presuming that the person is telling the truth- or what?

really? the OP:

Of course at the heart of the question is can we specifically exclude Muslims? I think that would be a grey area when it comes the Constitution

Of course enforcing such a law would mean either asking all immigrants to tell us their religion or asking all applicants to confirm that they are or are not Muslim- and then presuming that the person is telling the truth- or what?

Well, you have a point, in that there is no way of knowing what a person's motives are for wanting to immigrate to the country. I'm sure that there are some Muslims who want to come here for the right reasons, but given everything that's been happening in the world you never can tell.

do libs realize that Muslims (in the US and Canada) have an avg of over 3 kids per family vs just 1.5 for US households? (eta- might be as low as 1.2 now).

Well it is a good thing that some Americans are reproducing enough to replenish the population- certainly white Americans aren't pulling their weight.
well put! :clap2:

The thread title was a rhetorical question. They're stupid enough to really believe that.
The only stupidity I am seeing is from you. You constructed a false premise to push for discrimination against a religion. That's about as un-American as it gets. No wonder people like you and bripat don't want to talk about our history and the reasons we do the things we do, such as NOT discriminate against religions or peoples.

It is not a coincidence that whenever there is a topic about discrimination against one group or another, it is always the same hateful characters who are found on the side of that discrimination. Gays, Muslims, Mexicans...there you are.

Last edited:

really? the OP:

Well, you have a point, in that there is no way of knowing what a person's motives are for wanting to immigrate to the country. I'm sure that there are some Muslims who want to come here for the right reasons, but given everything that's been happening in the world you never can tell.

I am sure that there are some Irish that who want to come here for the right reasons.....but you can never tell.

Think about this though- once we as a nation decide that it is okay to prevent people from coming to the United States based on their religion- we can do that to any religion that the majority is uncomfortable with.

It could be Jews next time. Or Hare Krishna.

Once you decide that religion is a valid reason to exclude entire groups of people on that basis alone- you can exclude any people of any religion that majority decides to in the future.

And yes- there is precedent

Foundations of Holocaust 1924 Congress decides No More Jews - Blogs - Jerusalem Post

really? the OP:

I am sure that there are some Irish that who want to come here for the right reasons.....but you can never tell.

Think about this though- once we as a nation decide that it is okay to prevent people from coming to the United States based on their religion- we can do that to any religion that the majority is uncomfortable with.

Once you decide that religion is a valid reason to exclude entire groups of people on that basis alone- you can exclude any people of any religion that majority decides to in the future.

Foundations of Holocaust 1924 Congress decides No More Jews - Blogs - Jerusalem Post

I'm not saying they should do that. I am saying that immigrants should be able to show that they are going to be an asset to the community and not a burden though.

really? the OP:

I'm not saying they should do that. I am saying that immigrants should be able to show that they are going to be an asset to the community and not a burden though.

No disagreement with that at all.

The thread title was a rhetorical question. They're stupid enough to really believe that.
The only stupidity I am seeing is from you. You constructed a false premise to push for discrimination against a religion. That's about as un-American as it gets. No wonder people like you and bripat don't want to talk about our history and the reasons we do the things we do, such as NOT discriminate against religions or peoples.

It is not a coincidence that whenever there is a topic about discrimination against one group or another, it is always the same hateful characters who are found on the side of that discrimination. Gays, Muslims, Mexicans...there you are.

Our history is that we have always discriminated against group or another when it comes it immigration. Numskulls like you think the kind of people we allow to immigrate here doesn't matter. Importing a bunch of bloodthirsty Muslim savages into this country would change it's character for the worst forever.

Liberal Dictionary:
==============================================
Hateful - Speaks the truth. Accepts reality.

really? the OP:

Yeah, so?

What would be the dire consequence of that?

Our history is that we have always discriminated against group or another when it comes it immigration.

"We've always discriminated! It's a tradition!"

Lamest excuse for the continuation of a bad practice, ever.

Importing a bunch of bloodthirsty Muslim savages into this country would change it's character for the worst forever.

Thanks for demonstrating your bigotry toward all Muslims so nakedly. You were born about two centuries too late. You'd fit right in with the nativist Know Nothings.

Our history is that we have always discriminated against group or another when it comes it immigration.

"We've always discriminated! It's a tradition!"

Lamest excuse for the continuation of a bad practice, ever.

That isn't an "excuse" for anything numskull. It's the proof that your claims about our history are bullshit.

Importing a bunch of bloodthirsty Muslim savages into this country would change it's character for the worst forever.

Thanks for demonstrating your bigotry toward all Muslims so nakedly. You were born about two centuries too late. You'd fit right in with the nativist Know Nothings.

That isn't bigotry any more than saying Nazis are a threat to our civilization. Islam is a bloodthirsty cult. No intelligent discussion can be had with morons like you who refuse to acknowledge that fact.

Forum List

Back