Does this make you worry?

why else would only 144,000 only make it to Heaven?

Moon, the 144,000 are from the 12 tribes and are the Messianic Jews that are marked by God, so they can't be harmed during the Tribulation. They don't go to Heaven. Christ comes to them and sets up His Kingdom here. :eusa_angel:

Your teachers err---Gods word clearly teaches--these( 144,000) who remain for tribulation--go then and are changed in the twinkling of an eye.

I just checked and God says you are all reading the wrong book.

Noahs day--8 humans knew God---99% mislead--99% false religions

The Israelite kings and spiritual leaders aposticised over and over again throughout the ot.--- 99% mislead--99% false religions.

Jesus, apostles, Christians all murdered--99% mislead--99% false religions

These last days-- care to guess?

I look at it as 98% of us
tends toward putting what we know to be right FIRST
"my way is right, that other person/group is wrong"

Most of us follow this path which is more convenient.

The 2% where we can ALL AGREE WITH EVERYONE ELSE UNIVERSALLY
is the saving grace that prevents us from falling into competitive chaos over the other 98%
where we all have our own ways of seeing doing things, and constantly run into conflicts, which is natural as humans.

That 2% is enough to save us. the Mustard Seed of Faith that is tiny yet enough.
If we forgive the other 98% of the areas where we differ, we can still work things out.
And stay on the NARROW path of righteousness
where we can all agree in truth and live in the spirit of peace and justice (and avoid the broad path of destruction
where we compete to "make others wrong" to prove that "our way is right,"
where this trend of humanity left unchecked leads to violence, crime, oppression and war worldwide as commonplace).

Last edited:
Moon, the 144,000 are from the 12 tribes and are the Messianic Jews that are marked by God, so they can't be harmed during the Tribulation. They don't go to Heaven. Christ comes to them and sets up His Kingdom here. :eusa_angel:

Your teachers err---Gods word clearly teaches--these( 144,000) who remain for tribulation--go then and are changed in the twinkling of an eye.

I just checked and God says you are all reading the wrong book.

The 144,000 refers to tribal elders or servants who will lead the rest of their tribes in turn.
We are all involved in the process of establishing the Kingdom of God on earth,
whether you call that going to heaven or heaven coming to us through Christ.

There are different stages of this process; right now, this process of comparing/correcting
perceptions and judgments, word for word and holding people to their own, is a stage or reflection of the Judgment process. Not all people are going through stages at the same time; but all of us are going through changes that are spiritually inter-related.

So we are all affected and all involved, directly or indirectly, in the Salvation process
at different levels at any given time. Seeking to forgive and correct issues carried over from the past, in order to build renewed relations and a better society in the future.

The Israelite kings and spiritual leaders aposticised over and over again throughout the ot.--- 99% mislead--99% false religions.

Some Christians believe that but most do not. I have studied the bible for almost 63 years, and I have concluded there is no Biblical authority whatsoever for limiting those in heaven to 144,000.

First, according to the Bible, each of the 144,000 must be a male VIRGIN! If only 144,000 male virgins get to heaven, then Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Noah, Moses and all the other Biblical patriarchs are going straight to hell! It would also appear that all women are excluded! Here is what the Bible says about the 144,000:

“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb” (Revelation 14:1-4, KJV, highlights my own):

Now, I am also aware that some Christians say that the quoted scripture does not mean exactly what it says; for example the word “virgin” means a spiritual virgin, and the words “not defiled by women” means not corrupted by false teachings. I would counter this perverted explanation by stating the obvious: If God had meant to say the 144,000 were those who were spiritually pure and undefiled by false teachings, He would have said it directly or at least used a more appropriate allegory. An omniscient being certainly knows how to say what he means, and if this passage cannot be taken literally, than what in the Bible can be?

Second, the Bible further distinguishes these 144,000 by claiming they will reign with Christ for 1,000 years. This is what the Bible says:

“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years” (Revelation 20:4-5, KJV, highlights my own).

It is important to note that the above verse speaks of the rest of the dead (beyond the 144,000) which will not live again (as the 144,000 are living) until at least 1,000 years later. Here is what the Bible says about the “rest of the dead:

“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:7-15, KJV, highlights my own).

The way I read it, there are two groups: the 144,000 virgins who were redeemed before the 1,000 year reign of Christ, and an untold number of those who will be raised from the dead and judged after the 1,000 year reign.

But that is just my own humble opinion (OK, I lied about the humble part).

PS: One thing has always puzzled me: If only 144,000 could be redeemed, why in the hell would any sane person proselytize to convert more and more people. Wouldn't that diminish their own chances of getting to heaven? Just thinking.

Some Christians believe that but most do not. I have studied the bible for almost 63 years, and I have concluded there is no Biblical authority whatsoever for limiting those in heaven to 144,000.

First, according to the Bible, each of the 144,000 must be a male VIRGIN! If only 144,000 male virgins get to heaven, then Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Noah, Moses and all the other Biblical patriarchs are going straight to hell! It would also appear that all women are excluded! Here is what the Bible says about the 144,000:

“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb” (Revelation 14:1-4, KJV, highlights my own):

Now, I am also aware that some Christians say that the quoted scripture does not mean exactly what it says; for example the word “virgin” means a spiritual virgin, and the words “not defiled by women” means not corrupted by false teachings. I would counter this perverted explanation by stating the obvious: If God had meant to say the 144,000 were those who were spiritually pure and undefiled by false teachings, He would have said it directly or at least used a more appropriate allegory. An omniscient being certainly knows how to say what he means, and if this passage cannot be taken literally, than what in the Bible can be?

Second, the Bible further distinguishes these 144,000 by claiming they will reign with Christ for 1,000 years. This is what the Bible says:

“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years” (Revelation 20:4-5, KJV, highlights my own).

It is important to note that the above verse speaks of the rest of the dead (beyond the 144,000) which will not live again (as the 144,000 are living) until at least 1,000 years later. Here is what the Bible says about the “rest of the dead:

“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:7-15, KJV, highlights my own).

The way I read it, there are two groups: the 144,000 virgins who were redeemed before the 1,000 year reign of Christ, and an untold number of those who will be raised from the dead and judged after the 1,000 year reign.

But that is just my own humble opinion (OK, I lied about the humble part).

PS: One thing has always puzzled me: If only 144,000 could be redeemed, why in the hell would any sane person proselytize to convert more and more people. Wouldn't that diminish their own chances of getting to heaven? Just thinking.

Rev 14:3--144,000 ( numbered)bought from the earth-- the little flock--the bride of Christ--the anointed. ( rev 1:6)
To the great crowd( multitude) which no man can number, Jesus taught this truth---Blessed( happy) are the meek( mild tempered) for they will inherit the earth. The new earth( paradise) --no more satan influences--Gods kingdom in full control--his original plan succeeding.

Forum List

Back