Does Trump have any chance now?

Fact is, he didn't say anything about Megyn Kelly's menstrual cycle.
You really suck at this. People aren't asked which one of the two they prefer based on wanting someone else. They are asked to pick between two candidates regardless of all other candidates. Which is why respondents are asked about many key match ups.

You still have nothing which may indicate what will flip that poll.

Again... Unless you have a time machine, they are not being asked in the future when such a pairing is an actual reality. People can say all kinds of things NOW... Trump says he won't commit to not run 3rd party... doesn't mean he's going to run 3rd party and it doesn't mean he won't.

I understand that a lot of people want the GOP nominee to be someone other than Donald Trump... I am in that category myself! I've not "endorsed" Trump... I will continue to defend him against smears from libtards and the establishment republi-crats. I will have NO problem pulling that lever for Trump over Hillary if that time comes... but I don't know that I would tell a pollster that right now... I may not want to present that impression for strategic reasons.

So again... I've given you the MAIN thing that will change that poll... the elimination and impossibility of any other Republican defeating Hillary Clinton. Faced with that STARK reality, a LOT of people may change their minds on Trump.
The only reason you've given is .... people sometimes change their minds. The elimination of candidates doesn't help you because there is no indication Hillary is going to be eliminated. If Trump is eliminated, he still loses to Hillary.

He's being cagey for "strategic reasons". :lol: Why you waste you time with that yutz, I'll never know.

Here is my take on the OP.

Can Trump win. Sure. He wouldn't have won in 2012 or the years before. But in this compressed schedule of one month between Iowa and Super Tuesday...a lot of events will happen in a short amount of time. If you win one of the first three, you are pretty much guaranteed a seat at the table on Super Tuesday. In the large multi-state contests this is where you notice less about policy and more about personality. And, for better or for worse, a lot of people in the GOP identify with Trump and his disdain for everyone not named Trump. In 2012, there was more than 2 months between Iowa and Super Tuesday with more contests in between. This year, there is IA, NH, SC, NV and that is it. Nevada won't matter much. Its politically insignificant and NV is basically a contest about how well you do in Vegas.

Keep in mind, polls are great for determining mood; not turn out. If there is a ball game or Wrestlemania on during these primaries; there is a good chance those who are polled for Trump will not think about voting.

That is the GOP Nomination.

Against Clinton he stands zero chance unless Clinton stumbles which we all know she can. The campaign managers and handlers in the Clinton camp seem to have learned from 2008 and she is more on message than a telegram this go round.

I think a better question is if he is the best the GOP can field. Obviously no. What would be the GOP's worst nightmare is if Trump turns into Thomas Jefferson in the next few days and comes out with some policies and programs that make a bit of sense to where he gets serious voters say, "Oh, that makes sense."

Bush leads Trump by 1 point in a face off with Clinton, and she is beating them by 12 and 13 points, respectively.

Context. Candi is absolutely right. Clinton is not invincible.

Trump has almost no chance for the GOP nomination.

The only question is that of a third party candidacy.

Yet he is leading the next closest competitor by 11 points!

Nah... not a chance! Might as well give up! :rofl:
So what. As the others drop away, their folks will not be going to Donald. I have no trouble with his Megyn spat: campaigning is a tough sport. Remember in 2012 the rise of fall of one candidate after another as Romney simply grinded away. I am curious to see if his ego will drive him to a third party candidacy.

Well if he wins the nomination he won't need to run 3rd party. lol

Would it be safe to say that Trump supporters feel that, once he has the nomination, he'll be able to become more attractive to people outside the GOP base?

Isn't that a little dangerous, considering he's pretty well-known already?

Or do you just feel that the conservative base has enough votes, if it's just energized?

I've said this before... If Trump wins the GOP nomination, the game changes.

If you are under 45, chances are you don't remember Ronald Reagan's election in 1980. During the primaries, he was crucified unmercifully by the media, the left and the establishment GOP... very, very, VERY reminiscent of what we are seeing happen with Trump. George H.W. Bush coined the phrase "voodoo economics" to describe Reagan's economic policies... George Will wrote scathing editorials warning of the dangers of putting Ronnie in charge of the red button... They complained that he was far too old... just a washed-up old actor... never would be able to win the general election... on and on and on this went through his entire campaign.

Well.... After he kicked everyone's ass and won the nomination... he offered the VP spot to his most outspoken critic in the campaign, George H.W. Bush. And.... this is important, make sure you're paying attention... Mr. Bush accepted! You see.... this is POLITICS.... that's how it works. If Trump WINS... there will be no shortage of Republicans who join him on that stage and shake his hand, eager to join his fight to defeat Hillary Clinton or whomever.

So Trump will bring a substantial number of allies on board with a win of the GOP... count on that. What's more, Trump has the unique ability to draw all kinds of votes from the Democrats... remember, he is friends with most of them... He also has the ability to pull more of the black vote than Hillary.... shocking but true... Hillary is NOT Obama... Most importantly, he can very likely tap into the support of people who have never voted in their life.

You really suck at this. People aren't asked which one of the two they prefer based on wanting someone else. They are asked to pick between two candidates regardless of all other candidates. Which is why respondents are asked about many key match ups.

Again... Unless you have a time machine, they are not being asked in the future when such a pairing is an actual reality. People can say all kinds of things NOW... Trump says he won't commit to not run 3rd party... doesn't mean he's going to run 3rd party and it doesn't mean he won't.

I understand that a lot of people want the GOP nominee to be someone other than Donald Trump... I am in that category myself! I've not "endorsed" Trump... I will continue to defend him against smears from libtards and the establishment republi-crats. I will have NO problem pulling that lever for Trump over Hillary if that time comes... but I don't know that I would tell a pollster that right now... I may not want to present that impression for strategic reasons.

So again... I've given you the MAIN thing that will change that poll... the elimination and impossibility of any other Republican defeating Hillary Clinton. Faced with that STARK reality, a LOT of people may change their minds on Trump.
The only reason you've given is .... people sometimes change their minds. The elimination of candidates doesn't help you because there is no indication Hillary is going to be eliminated. If Trump is eliminated, he still loses to Hillary.

He's being cagey for "strategic reasons". :lol: Why you waste you time with that yutz, I'll never know.

Can Trump win. Sure. He wouldn't have won in 2012 or the years before. But in this compressed schedule of one month between Iowa and Super Tuesday...a lot of events will happen in a short amount of time. If you win one of the first three, you are pretty much guaranteed a seat at the table on Super Tuesday. In the large multi-state contests this is where you notice less about policy and more about personality. And, for better or for worse, a lot of people in the GOP identify with Trump and his disdain for everyone not named Trump. In 2012, there was more than 2 months between Iowa and Super Tuesday with more contests in between. This year, there is IA, NH, SC, NV and that is it. Nevada won't matter much. Its politically insignificant and NV is basically a contest about how well you do in Vegas.

Keep in mind, polls are great for determining mood; not turn out. If there is a ball game or Wrestlemania on during these primaries; there is a good chance those who are polled for Trump will not think about voting.

Against Clinton he stands zero chance unless Clinton stumbles which we all know she can. The campaign managers and handlers in the Clinton camp seem to have learned from 2008 and she is more on message than a telegram this go round.

I think a better question is if he is the best the GOP can field. Obviously no. What would be the GOP's worst nightmare is if Trump turns into Thomas Jefferson in the next few days and comes out with some policies and programs that make a bit of sense to where he gets serious voters say, "Oh, that makes sense."

Most things Trump said need said. We need to have that conversation and its happening. The polls reflect the frustration at the fundamental change which was brought upon us in 2008

Draconian actions for draconian times.

-Geaux

Last edited:
"The polls reflect the frustration" by far right and their allies "at the fundamental change which was brought upon us in 2008" is now better in context.

"The polls reflect the frustration" by far right and their allies "at the fundamental change which was brought upon us in 2008" is now better in context.

Nah, frustration by the Repubs rank and file. Its refreshing to see RR type speak.

-Geaux

Most things Trump said need said. We need to have that conversation and its happening. The polls reflect the frustration at the fundamental change which was brought upon us in 2008

-Geaux

No.

A party whose elder statesmen are dying off and a base that has a large percentage of classless sophomoric idiots who couldn't tell you why they support or oppose anything until they know who supports or opposes it cheers the next shiny object that comes along.

-Geaux

No.

A party whose elder statesmen are dying off and a base that has a large percentage of classless sophomoric idiots who couldn't tell you why they support or oppose anything until they know who supports or opposes it cheers the next shiny object that comes along.

A fact, quickly followed by conjecture I see.

-Geaux

-Geaux

No.

A fact, quickly followed by conjecture I see.

-Geaux

Sounds like you need new glasses.

His policies and programs make sense. He wants to build a wall on the border and deport illegal aliens who break the law. Makes perfect sense to me. He wants us to make trade deals that don't screw American workers... again, sounds like a good plan that makes sense to me. He wants to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something that works to actually provide some level of medical care for everyone through private sector means. He wants to defeat ISIS by taking their oil. Again... sounds like a plan that makes sense.

Of course, if you need details... which, you look like a reasonably smart chick who reads... you may want to check out his book, Making America Great Again. You see, these are not just off-the-cuff soundbites he's making... he has thought these things out and published them in a book. So he's not willy-nilly making up policy as he goes here.

No.

Stop talking about Democrats that way! Some of them are okay people!

His policies and programs make sense. He wants to build a wall on the border and deport illegal aliens who break the law. Makes perfect sense to me. He wants us to make trade deals that don't screw American workers... again, sounds like a good plan that makes sense to me. He wants to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something that works to actually provide some level of medical care for everyone through private sector means. He wants to defeat ISIS by taking their oil. Again... sounds like a plan that makes sense.

Of course, if you need details... which, you look like a reasonably smart chick who reads... you may want to check out his book, Making America Great Again. You see, these are not just off-the-cuff soundbites he's making... he has thought these things out and published them in a book. So he's not willy-nilly making up policy as he goes here.

Since you've read the book; please fill in the blanks.

Build a wall on the border. Good Idea I think (as I've said 50 times)
Deport Illegals. Obama is doing that. He should keep it up if he gets elected.
Make deals that don't screw American workers. Sound byte. Any Specifics?
Repeal and Replace. With what? Any specifics?
Defeat ISIS by taking their oil. Ahh, going back into the Middle East. More blood, more pain at the pump. Bad idea.

No.

The democrats are not distracted by the Trump side-show. They seem to be quite united behind Ms. Clinton and quite happy to watch the GOP come apart at the seems.

Racist, sexist, mysoganystic. A cry baby coward. He has something for everyone.

really, you are posting this on a message board. I dare you to say that to his FACE
DID you bitch when Democrats called the people (men and WOMEN) from theTEA party:
teabaggers?

Republicans came up with that name themselves

'Teabaggers' Actually Introduced The Term

Enough With The Whining Teabaggers Actually Introduced The Term They Now Claim Is A Slur Crooks and Liars

teabaggerbutton.png

teabaggerfacts.png
I notice that every time you liberals show a picture of somebody holding a teabagger sign it's of some old grandparent who doesn't know about the practice of teabagging.

But you know what it means......regardless whether they do or not......so their ignorance doesn't give you some moral right to use the term and claim it isn't derogatory. You wouldn't use it if it wasn't.

Tea bagging, otherwise known as corpse humping, is a renowned phenomenon which has been used by generations of gamers to portray either superiority over one's enemies or to just generally be a dick. The act itself comprises of a player killing an opponent, standing over their corpse and crouching repeatedly. In most cases, a KillCam captures the act and forces the victim to watch in embarrassment. Tea bagging in games were first given notice on a broad scale through popular games such as Halo and Counter-Strike, but the origins of tea bagging still remain a mystery to most.

So where did tea bagging come from? Why do people do it to each other? And more importantly, is it hygienic?

First off, let's dive into the origins of what makes the phrase 'Tea Bagging' possible, Tea Bags!! The history of the tea bag goes back as far as 1903 when the first patents were explored, in 1904, Thomas Sullivan successfully marketed the first tea bags to be shipped around the world. The original intention was for customers to remove the tea from each bag but instead it was found easier to prepare the tea whilst keeping the bag sealed. To cut a long story short, throughout the years, tea bags have since gone through many alterations but most notably, for this article anyway, a small length of string was designed to allow tea bags to be 'dunked' into a cup of tea without fear of being burnt when removing it. This process could very well be the origin of the term 'Tea-Bagging'.

Sadly, this simply innocent explanation may be completely off, according to Urban Dictionary, the term takes on a more sinister meaning and sexual nature. I'm not willing to fully disclose the act of tea bagging for readers who may find it inappropriate to read such a thing, but having said that, the 'art' of Tea Bagging is very similar to the video game example we have come to know today, but with less clothes. Most believe that this is the real meaning and origin of tea bagging, a meaning i happen to agree with personally. After all, I can't think of the last time I saw Master Chief dunking a tea bag in his cup of tea whilst standing over my freshly charred corpse.

What is interesting though, is the transition from a lucid, sexual act, to an in-game motion used to humiliate players. Did tea bagging simply come about because a player knew the former and used the latter to reenact the motion? Or was it simply a player trying to find a way to celebrate a kill without using a microphone to smack talk? Honestly, tea bagging is probably one of those mainstream ideals that took off in such a manner that its origin can never really be determined. It is even unclear as to which game first allowed tea bagging to be realized. However, it's probably safe to say that Halo was one of, if not, the main franchise to popularize the act amongst the mainstream and still continues to do so.

Many other games give players the opportunity to embarrass their opponents, not only through tea bagging, but other motions as well. Gears of War for example uses executions to finish off enemies when they have been 'downed', this of course replaces the need for players to create their own form of insult. Another example would be the 'Taunt' feature currently seen in the Uncharted 3 Beta, where instead of tea bagging being seen as a player generated insult, the game rewards it. Players gain bonuses based on fist bumping, high fiving and pumping over an enemy's dead body, just a little extra salt in the wound if you ask me (idea for a future taunt?).

In summary, tea Bagging has been around since gamers first decided to insult their fellow man in any way, shape or form. Whether an in game mechanic or player created action, tea bagging in all of its forms are used to insult other players who have been defeated until their next respawn. Developers may try to change the negative qualities of tea bagging, but ultimately no-one wants to see a random stranger pumping over their dead body. Uncharted 3 is taking a step in the right direction, as far as rewarding players goes, but as well as rewarding taunting players, killing these players mid-taunt should result in greater rewards.

Just like its origins, the future of Tea Bagging is uncertain, but as the need to insult fellow players exists, gamers will always find a way to do it. It's only a matter of how.

The Evolution Of Tea Bagging GamingUnion.net

Last edited:
No.

The democrats are not distracted by the Trump side-show. They seem to be quite united behind Ms. Clinton and quite happy to watch the GOP come apart at the seems.

Yeah they are so united behind the Hildabeast Sanders drew a more people than any candidate to date and the nurses union endorses him.

You must live under a rock

I think that Trump went way too far with his sexist comments. Really, what is he thinking about? I support Donald Trump wholeheartedly but he needs to shut his mouth for a while. Everyone is against him now: democrats, GOP, minorities, women. He won't get enough votes to become the president. Though it seems like he doesn't even want to win. Maybe he thinks that his campaign is just another TV show.

I don't even care about his sexist comments.

What bothered me during the GOP Debate was that he accepted money from Hillary and Nancy - then, he said he took $ from Hillary for favors, and, the favor he mentioned was her coming to his wedding?

He's taking $ for favors, and everyone thinks he's "different"?

Isn't this what politicians DO!? Not good.

I think you missed something crucial... he GAVE money, he didn't TAKE money. Hillary TOOK the money. When pressed to give an example of what "favor" he got for his money, he mentioned her coming to his wedding.

I think Trump makes a brilliant point... although it goes right over most liberal heads. Billionaires like him can buy influence from politicians, and they always DO. Hillary is bought and paid for by investment bankers and stock brokers on Wall Street... the very people you liberal lefties claim to hate with a passion.
You're right, I mistyped my post DUH!

I left nothing out, you did. Draft Dodger Drumpf Truck was explaining why McCain was NOT a hero because of his service flying 23 combat missions, but only because he was captured, as if being captured negates all other heroic service to this great country. True it is an opinion from a draft dodger, but it is undeniably a demeaning opinion from a draft dodger.

Yes, you left basically everything out. You only focused on the first "he's not a war hero" comment and ignored what he said after that, which explained what he meant.
Liar! I quoted what Draft Dodger Drumpf said after he said McCain was not a hero in my first post. You then denied Draft Dodger Drumpf ever said McCain was not a hero so I repeated the part where he said McCain was not a hero. You focus only on the second post exposing your lie as if the first post never happened. My first post also included the part where Draft Dodger Drumpf said "I hate to tell you" after he said he prefers those who weren't captured. Why would he say "I hate to tell you" if what he just told you was not demeaning???

Maybe cuz he was being nice and knew it might hurt your feelings to hear some honesty, Ed?

Are we going to do this the entire campaign season? Dissect every sentence the man says and try to manipulate his words into something you can win your arguments with? If that's the case, I might as well go ahead and put you on ignore because I don't intend to continue doing this.

Again... I am sorry if Trump hurt your feelings or said something bad about your favorite war hero in the whole wide world... but I really couldn't give two good shits. There are problems this country is currently facing... BIG problems... and we need a man who is not afraid to tackle them and who doesn't have time for your silly-ass nonsense. If you need to be coddled, go find your mother!
That's rich, it's my fault you are a liar.

Forum List

Back