Does Trump have any chance now?

I think that Trump went way too far with his sexist comments. Really, what is he thinking about? I support Donald Trump wholeheartedly but he needs to shut his mouth for a while. Everyone is against him now: democrats, GOP, minorities, women. He won't get enough votes to become the president. Though it seems like he doesn't even want to win. Maybe he thinks that his campaign is just another TV show.

I don't even care about his sexist comments.

What bothered me during the GOP Debate was that he accepted money from Hillary and Nancy - then, he said he took $ from Hillary for favors, and, the favor he mentioned was her coming to his wedding?

He's taking $ for favors, and everyone thinks he's "different"?

Isn't this what politicians DO!? Not good.

I think you missed something crucial... he GAVE money, he didn't TAKE money. Hillary TOOK the money. When pressed to give an example of what "favor" he got for his money, he mentioned her coming to his wedding.

I think Trump makes a brilliant point... although it goes right over most liberal heads. Billionaires like him can buy influence from politicians, and they always DO. Hillary is bought and paid for by investment bankers and stock brokers on Wall Street... the very people you liberal lefties claim to hate with a passion.

It's very simple. Post his ENTIRE response to Frank and I will show you. If not I'll accept your full of shit. ;)
Boss is too big of a pussy to post it, so I'll post it for him...

Trump: "(McCain) insulted me and he insulted everybody in that room. And I said somebody should run against John McCain, who has been, in my opinion, not so hot. And I supported him for president. I raised $1 million for him. That’s a lot of money. I supported him, he lost, he let us down. But he lost and I never liked him much after that 'cause I don’t like losers. But, but — Frank, Frank, let me get to it.

Luntz: "He’s a war hero. He’s a war hero …"

Trump: "He’s not a war hero ..."

Luntz: "He’s war hero."

Trump: "He is a war hero ..."

Luntz: "Five and half years in a Vietnamese prison camp …"

Trump: "He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured. So he’s a war hero …"

Luntz: "Do you agree with that?"

Trump: "He’s a war hero, because he was captured, okay? I believe, perhaps, he’s a war hero. But right now he said some very bad things about a lot of people. So what I said is John McCain, I disagree with him that these people aren’t crazy."

As I said... Trump made NO DISPARAGING REMARKS about McCain's service record or hero status. He says three times that McCain is a hero. Yet, the claims continue to be made that he dissed McCain's war hero status... he certainly did not do this according to the quote you're posting. He gave his personal opinion of McCain's "hero" status... it didn't impress him, he likes people who weren't captured. Plenty of great war heroes who weren't captured and didn't ever get to be United States Senators and treated like their political opinion counted for something.

Nope. Based on that one must assume he doesn't believe mccain is a war hero. you either believe he is or not.

Nope. Based on that he didn't say he doesn't believe McCain is a war hero. To the contrary, he says 3-4 times that he is a war hero. You admit that you have to "assume" what he meant... that means he didn't fucking say it... idiot.
WTF?? Why do you lie? Of course Trump said McCain's not a war hero. I highlighted him saying that in the transcript above. ^^^

Yes, and as soon as those words came out he clarified what he meant... so you are not presenting full context of his remarks. You are "cherry-picking" what you want to use and ignoring the context or the rest of what the man said. I agree, poor choice of words, poor way to make your point... Trump still did not disparage McCain's service record or hero status.

On the flip side... you are proving you're qualified to fill in for Megyn Kelly in republican debates!

I will say, it is refreshing to see devout liberals praise McCain's war hero status and heap their respect on him for his military service... he deserves that after the way you treated him in 2008.

I've been wrong on Trump since the beginning. I never thought he'd announce. Then I never thought he'd register financials. Then I never thought he'd gain traction with conservatives. Then I thought he'd fall away after the McCain comments. Wrong on all counts.

But........I still say with confidence.......Trump is not serious about being POTUS. He's branding.

PredFan

That's how it's done, Nancy.

Yes, and as soon as those words came out he clarified what he meant
Finally you admit Drumpf Truck said McCain was not a war hero. And his "clarification" was to demean vets who were captured, like McCain, while fighting for Draft Dodger Drumpf's right to insult them to second rate status.

Finally you admit Drumpf Truck said McCain was not a war hero. And his "clarification" was to demean vets who were captured, like McCain, while fighting for Draft Dodger Drumpf's right to insult them to second rate status.

I talked to several veterans and active military personnel since this McCain came up. And everyone are furious.

I didn't finally admit any goddamn thing. Trump said the words "he is not a war hero..." then he followed with an explanation of what he meant, which you are leaving out. He then went on to say several times that he WAS a war hero. He did not demean anyone. Saying you prefer grapes over apples does not demean apples in any way. It doesn't demote apples to second rate status. It's a personal preference and opinion... nothing more. According to the Constitution, we are still allowed to have personal preferences and opinions.... Obama hasn't signed some kind of EO to prohibit that, has he? :dunno:

I talked to several veterans and active military personnel since this McCain came up. And everyone are furious.

And I've talked to several who are not bothered in the least and were GLAD Trump stood up to McCain, whom they despise. They refer to him as "Songbird McCain" ...something about his "singing" back in the Hanoi Hilton.

Now, I personally have respect for McCain as a war hero. I think he was courageous and heroic simply by virtue of putting on that uniform and fighting for his country. I would never imply that he wasn't a hero or that his hero status is less than any other war hero. I also think that if Donald Trump believes McCain was NOT a hero, that's Trump's opinion and I disagree with him.

Here is what you need to try and get into your thick skull... I am not going to vote for president on the basis of agreeing with EVERY opinion someone has. To me, that is extremely superficial and stupid. I seriously doubt you agree with every opinion of Obama or Hillary. Maybe I am wrong?

I didn't finally admit any goddamn thing. Trump said the words "he is not a war hero..." then he followed with an explanation of what he meant, which you are leaving out. He then went on to say several times that he WAS a war hero. He did not demean anyone. Saying you prefer grapes over apples does not demean apples in any way. It doesn't demote apples to second rate status. It's a personal preference and opinion... nothing more.
I left nothing out, you did. Draft Dodger Drumpf Truck was explaining why McCain was NOT a hero because of his service flying 23 combat missions, but only because he was captured, as if being captured negates all other heroic service to this great country. True it is an opinion from a draft dodger, but it is undeniably a demeaning opinion from a draft dodger.

I left nothing out, you did. Draft Dodger Drumpf Truck was explaining why McCain was NOT a hero because of his service flying 23 combat missions, but only because he was captured, as if being captured negates all other heroic service to this great country. True it is an opinion from a draft dodger, but it is undeniably a demeaning opinion from a draft dodger.

Yes, you left basically everything out. You only focused on the first "he's not a war hero" comment and ignored what he said after that, which explained what he meant. Trump did not say McCain was not a hero because of his service flying 23 combat missions... he didn't mention any of that. He didn't say being captured negates anything... ALL of this stuff-- You are INFERRING... he did not SAY it!

Telling someone that you like other heroes besides McCain is not demeaning McCain. I'm so sorry that your feelings got hurt for McCain... I am also sorry your feelings got hurt for Fox News and Megyn Kelly...... Maybe next we can get Donald Trump to say bad stuff about George W. Bush? Eh? :rofl:

Boss is too big of a pussy to post it, so I'll post it for him...

Trump: "(McCain) insulted me and he insulted everybody in that room. And I said somebody should run against John McCain, who has been, in my opinion, not so hot. And I supported him for president. I raised $1 million for him. That’s a lot of money. I supported him, he lost, he let us down. But he lost and I never liked him much after that 'cause I don’t like losers. But, but — Frank, Frank, let me get to it.

Luntz: "He’s a war hero. He’s a war hero …"

Trump: "He’s not a war hero ..."

Luntz: "He’s war hero."

Trump: "He is a war hero ..."

Luntz: "Five and half years in a Vietnamese prison camp …"

Trump: "He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured. So he’s a war hero …"

Luntz: "Do you agree with that?"

Trump: "He’s a war hero, because he was captured, okay? I believe, perhaps, he’s a war hero. But right now he said some very bad things about a lot of people. So what I said is John McCain, I disagree with him that these people aren’t crazy."

As I said... Trump made NO DISPARAGING REMARKS about McCain's service record or hero status. He says three times that McCain is a hero. Yet, the claims continue to be made that he dissed McCain's war hero status... he certainly did not do this according to the quote you're posting. He gave his personal opinion of McCain's "hero" status... it didn't impress him, he likes people who weren't captured. Plenty of great war heroes who weren't captured and didn't ever get to be United States Senators and treated like their political opinion counted for something.

Nope. Based on that one must assume he doesn't believe mccain is a war hero. you either believe he is or not.

Nope. Based on that he didn't say he doesn't believe McCain is a war hero. To the contrary, he says 3-4 times that he is a war hero. You admit that you have to "assume" what he meant... that means he didn't fucking say it... idiot.
WTF?? Why do you lie? Of course Trump said McCain's not a war hero. I highlighted him saying that in the transcript above. ^^^

Yes, and as soon as those words came out he clarified what he meant... so you are not presenting full context of his remarks. You are "cherry-picking" what you want to use and ignoring the context or the rest of what the man said. I agree, poor choice of words, poor way to make your point... Trump still did not disparage McCain's service record or hero status.

On the flip side... you are proving you're qualified to fill in for Megyn Kelly in republican debates!

I will say, it is refreshing to see devout liberals praise McCain's war hero status and heap their respect on him for his military service... he deserves that after the way you treated him in 2008.
Your bullshit is noted, but for the forum's sake, I remind everyone here you idiotically claimed Trump "made no disparaging remarks."

I quoted one.

Yes, you left basically everything out. You only focused on the first "he's not a war hero" comment and ignored what he said after that, which explained what he meant. Trump did not say McCain was not a hero because of his service flying 23 combat missions... he didn't mention any of that. He didn't say being captured negates anything... ALL of this stuff-- You are INFERRING... he did not SAY it!

Telling someone that you like other heroes besides McCain is not demeaning McCain. I'm so sorry that your feelings got hurt for McCain... I am also sorry your feelings got hurt for Fox News and Megyn Kelly...... Maybe next we can get Donald Trump to say bad stuff about George W. Bush? Eh? :rofl:
Since there is nothing heroic about being captured, Trump was full of shit when he made that absurd claim.

Yes, you left basically everything out. You only focused on the first "he's not a war hero" comment and ignored what he said after that, which explained what he meant.
Liar! I quoted what Draft Dodger Drumpf said after he said McCain was not a hero in my first post. You then denied Draft Dodger Drumpf ever said McCain was not a hero so I repeated the part where he said McCain was not a hero. You focus only on the second post exposing your lie as if the first post never happened. My first post also included the part where Draft Dodger Drumpf said "I hate to tell you" after he said he prefers those who weren't captured. Why would he say "I hate to tell you" if what he just told you was not demeaning???

Yes, you left basically everything out. You only focused on the first "he's not a war hero" comment and ignored what he said after that, which explained what he meant.
Liar! I quoted what Draft Dodger Drumpf said after he said McCain was not a hero in my first post. You then denied Draft Dodger Drumpf so I repeated the part where he said McCain was not a hero. You focus only on the second post exposing your lie as if the first post never happened. My first post also included the part where Draft Dodger Drumpf said "I hate to tell you" after he said he prefers those who weren't captured. Why would he say "I hate to tell you" if what he just told you was not demeaning???

You can't reason with him just like you can't reason and negotiate with trump even if you are in his own party. It's easier to just go around him. This is also why Trump can't lead while in office.

Trump has almost no chance for the GOP nomination.

The only question is that of a third party candidacy.

Liar! I quoted what Draft Dodger Drumpf said after he said McCain was not a hero in my first post. You then denied Draft Dodger Drumpf ever said McCain was not a hero so I repeated the part where he said McCain was not a hero. You focus only on the second post exposing your lie as if the first post never happened. My first post also included the part where Draft Dodger Drumpf said "I hate to tell you" after he said he prefers those who weren't captured. Why would he say "I hate to tell you" if what he just told you was not demeaning???

Maybe cuz he was being nice and knew it might hurt your feelings to hear some honesty, Ed?

Are we going to do this the entire campaign season? Dissect every sentence the man says and try to manipulate his words into something you can win your arguments with? If that's the case, I might as well go ahead and put you on ignore because I don't intend to continue doing this.

Again... I am sorry if Trump hurt your feelings or said something bad about your favorite war hero in the whole wide world... but I really couldn't give two good shits. There are problems this country is currently facing... BIG problems... and we need a man who is not afraid to tackle them and who doesn't have time for your silly-ass nonsense. If you need to be coddled, go find your mother!

Trump has almost no chance for the GOP nomination.

The only question is that of a third party candidacy.

Yet he is leading the next closest competitor by 11 points!

Nah... not a chance! Might as well give up! :rofl:
So what. As the others drop away, their folks will not be going to Donald. I have no trouble with his Megyn spat: campaigning is a tough sport. Remember in 2012 the rise of fall of one candidate after another as Romney simply grinded away. I am curious to see if his ego will drive him to a third party candidacy.

Would it be safe to say that Trump supporters feel that, once he has the nomination, he'll be able to become more attractive to people outside the GOP base?

Isn't that a little dangerous, considering he's pretty well-known already?

Or do you just feel that the conservative base has enough votes, if it's just energized?

yeah ok, how did we know SEXIST was going to replace RACIST racist racist racist?

HOW empty does one have to be to beat a person down by calling them NAMES, like denier, TEABAGGERS, birthers, racist, bigots, homophobes, blaaaa blaaaaa blaa

You saw it done with Sarah Palin and Obama. Now you are seeing it again with Trump

you decide

I agree. Trump will be in it till he isn't just like the rest of those running for POTUS.

Trump is all about the issues facing America and he's telling you what he thinks. Calling him a sexist is a cheap shot.

Trumps leading in all the polls so he's saying things those polled want to hear.

Of course those cheap shots are all some people have. LOL

Forum List

Back