Does your God have limitations?

The omnipotence paradox is a paradox because, by definition, it is unresolvable in logical terms.

The only way to get around its premises, is to either redefine omnipotence and place logical limits on it ~ or, to invoke the "humans cannot understand" explanation.

This paradox in and of itself isnt dismantled by an ego maniac on the internet ~ its the ego maniac's misapprehension of the terms and as a result, the boasting, rah rah I won something ego trip which follows.

I always regret bothering to engage the illogical troll, cuz hes just a prissy little troll...but its a flaw Im taking a look at.

Ignore feature is my best bet.
I think maybe omnipotence is to logic as zero is to math. Infinity is a bitch.
Perhaps this will help.

omnipotent

[om-nip-uh-tuh nt]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
almighty or infinite in power, as God.
having very great or unlimited authority or power.
According to the OP omnipotence in and of itself is illogical.

Way to go, brother.

The omnipotence paradox is a paradox because, by definition, it is unresolvable in logical terms.

The only way to get around its premises, is to either redefine omnipotence and place logical limits on it ~ or, to invoke the "humans cannot understand" explanation.

This paradox in and of itself isnt dismantled by an ego maniac on the internet ~ its the ego maniac's misapprehension of the terms and as a result, the boasting, rah rah I won something ego trip which follows.

I always regret bothering to engage the illogical troll, cuz hes just a prissy little troll...but its a flaw Im taking a look at.

I think my analogy of a programmer who created a program is spot on.

I even got GT to admit that the programmer was all powerful over the constructs in the program.

Perhaps this will help.

omnipotent

[om-nip-uh-tuh nt]
adjective
Try explaining to me why n to the zero power is always 1. I'm aware of what ominipotent means, but thanks.

star-trek-q-1.jpg

Perhaps this will help.

omnipotent

[om-nip-uh-tuh nt]
adjective
Try explaining to me why n to the zero power is always 1. I'm aware of what ominipotent means, but thanks.
Did you try using google?

When we raise a number to the nth power, that really means that we multiply that number by itself n times.

So when we raise a number to the zeroth power, that means we multiply the number by itself zero times - but that means we're not multiplying anything at all!

The additive identity for addition operations is zero because when we add zero to any number we get that number and it is like not adding anything at all.

The multiplicative identity for multiplicative operations is 1 because when we multiply any number times 1 we get that number and it's like not multiplying anything at all.

So, the reason that any number to the zero power is one is because any number to the zero power is just the product of no numbers at all, which is the multiplicative identity, 1.

Perhaps this will help.

omnipotent

[om-nip-uh-tuh nt]
adjective

When we raise a number to the nth power, that really means that we multiply that number by itself n times.

So when we raise a number to the zeroth power, that means we multiply the number by itself zero times - but that means we're not multiplying anything at all!

The additive identity for addition operations is zero because when we add zero to any number we get that number and it is like not adding anything at all.

The multiplicative identity for multiplicative operations is 1 because when we multiply any number times 1 we get that number and it's like not multiplying anything at all.

So, the reason that any number to the zero power is one is because any number to the zero power is just the product of no numbers at all, which is the multiplicative identity, 1.
Good memory for what they taught you in school. Listen to yourself: any number to the zero power is just the product of no numbers at all, which is the multiplicative identity, 1.
That, sir, is bullshit. They plugged in "one" so they wouldn't get stuck. Nothing times nothing does not equal one.
That's what I meant by my earlier post.

Exactly!

Perhaps this will help.

omnipotent

[om-nip-uh-tuh nt]
adjective
Yupp, and premise 1 presupposes that said God is not beholden to Logic....because if it were, it creates a logical paradox.

Perhaps this will help.

omnipotent

[om-nip-uh-tuh nt]
adjective

Good memory for what they taught you in school. Listen to yourself: any number to the zero power is just the product of no numbers at all, which is the multiplicative identity, 1.
That, sir, is bullshit. They plugged in "one" so they wouldn't get stuck. Nothing times nothing does not equal one.
No. Good google skills. Although I did condense it. I'm helpful that way.

Perhaps this will help.

omnipotent

[om-nip-uh-tuh nt]
adjective

No. Not exactly.

Perhaps this will help.

omnipotent

[om-nip-uh-tuh nt]
adjective
Yupp, and premise 1 presupposes that said God is not beholden to Logic....because if it were, it creates a logical paradox.
That would be a resultant flaw in your logical fallacy argument.

Perhaps this will help.

omnipotent

[om-nip-uh-tuh nt]
adjective

Well thank you. I knew that explanation, but I asked in hopes that you would have one that was more satisfactory.
When students ask why a number to the zero power is 1, I just tell them to remember it and move on. Good advice for this whole topic.

Flaw in logical fallacy argument:

An all powerful being is not all powerful if he cannot create something he cannot lift even though his lifting abilities are unlimited and his rock creating abilities are unlimited.

So an all powerful being who is all powerful in creating and lifting rocks cannot be all powerful if he can't lift something more than infinity and can't create something more than infinity.

Brilliant.

Perhaps this will help.

omnipotent

[om-nip-uh-tuh nt]
adjective

Well thank you. I knew that explanation, but I asked in hopes that you would have one that was more satisfactory.
When students ask why a number to the zero power is 1, I just tell them to remember it and move on. Good advice for this whole topic.
I suspect it's use is limited to simplifying equations and removing unknowns through factoring.

But I assure you it's mathematical validity can be tested. Unless we let GT devise the method, then we will be forced to believe that up is down and down is up.

Back to the OP...

If God is infinite in all ways; power, being, knowledge, etc. Then human beings placing a finite construct on an infinite being is illogical and will naturally yield logical fallacies. Such as an all powerful being is not all powerful if he cannot create something he cannot lift even though his lifting abilities are unlimited and his rock creating abilities are unlimited.

There is no paradox. There is only a self fulfilling and self serving logical fallacy.

And there are no implications to free will.

ding is on ignore for continuously fundamentally misunderstanding the paradox...

but im open to the discussion regarding the paradox with anyone else

Forum List

Back