Does your God have limitations?

you place logic as a limit on the limitless and miss the conversation dingbat

leave
No, GT, your OP stated it was not possible to logically see it any other way than the two options.

That's not right.

Your OP is a logical fallacy.
false my OP stated a paradox of classical logic that dong on the internet doesnt understand

as established by ding on the internet
Apparently you don't understand it either then.

An all powerful being would be all powerful in all things.
All powerful in creating rocks.
All powerful in lifting rocks.
He can create rocks of infinite mass.
He can lift rocks of infinite mass.

Is there any rock he can't create? No.

Is there any rock he can't lift? No.

Can he create a rock he can't lift? That isn't logically possible because he is unlimited in what he can lift and he is unlimited in what he can create. But since he can create a rock of infinite mass the illogical answer would be, yes. Infinity encompasses everything.

Does the logical answer of no he cannot create a rock he cannot lift, mean he isn't all powerful? No. His ability to do all things is unlimited. His ability to create is infinite and his ability to lift is infinite.

ding you need to study the omnipotence paradox

thats the only hope cuz you miss the issue by placing logic as a limit on the limitless

that misses the issue and my last advice is study the paradox in a textbook, youre hopeless here

I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).

The all knowing AND all powerful God description seems to defy logic, but if your God can be illogical..... then I suppose that's fine;....however, if it's fine ........you're admitting that the Laws of Logic are not absolute as they can be broken by your God.

Many explain away paradoxes as "we're too small and ignorant to understand."

I accept that answer, but Im not interested in it if it's yours, as the conversation ends there. Im interested in folks who believe their God has limitations or not, and if not ~ if they can logically explain away all of the paradoxes this causes without invoking ignorance.
I'd say he's about had his fill of all of us.

ding you need to study the omnipotence paradox

thats the only hope cuz you miss the issue by placing logic as a linit on the limitless

that mosses the issue and my last advice is study the paradox in a textbook, youre hopeless here
Isn't that what we have been discussing. Can you tell me what part of the following is wrong and why?

Can he create a rock he can't lift? That isn't logically possible because he is unlimited in what he can lift and he is unlimited in what he can create. But since he can create a rock of infinite mass the illogical answer would be, yes. Infinity encompasses everything.

Does the logical answer of no he cannot create a rock he cannot lift, mean he isn't all powerful? No. His ability to do all things is unlimited. His ability to create is infinite and his ability to lift is infinite.

textbook.

omn. paradox.
Then it shouldn't be too hard to tell me what you disagree with here, right?

Or are you incapable of doing so?

textbook.

omn. paradox.

you placed logical limits on your god.

thats a redefinition of omnipotence

thats what youre missing

and its not for me to teach you...youre a scumbag troll. bounce

textbook.

omn. paradox.

Ding, you can't argue with a textbook. Or a philosophy professor. Believe me, I've tried. They are always coming up with some tricky stumper so no matter what you say, you're wrong.
That's just how it is. G.T. has his clever little yuck yuck philosophy joke about the omnipotent paradox. Just laugh and enjoy it, cuz you will never win.

textbook.

omn. paradox.

thats what youre missing

I did not place any limits on God. Show me where I did.

textbook.

omn. paradox.

Ding, you can't argue with a textbook. Or a philosophy professor. Believe me, I've tried. They are always coming up with some tricky stumper so no matter what you say, you're wrong.
That's just how it is. G.T. has his clever little yuck yuck philosophy joke about the omnipotent paradox. Just laugh and enjoy it, cuz you will never win.
I already have won.

textbook.

omn. paradox.

thats what youre missing

"that isnt logically possible" zzzzzzz

textbook.

omn. paradox.

I already have won.
troll

textbook.

omn. paradox.

thats what youre missing

But since he can create a rock of infinite mass the illogical answer would be, yes. Infinity encompasses everything.

It's like you missed that part or something.

textbook.

omn. paradox.

thats what youre missing

But since he can create a rock of infinite mass the illogical answer would be, yes. Infinity encompasses everything.

his power is not infinite if he cant create something he CANT lift, dunce

thats what youre missing

Apparently you don't understand how infinity works.

thats what youre missing

its a paradox

hes limited to....im not all powerful if i cannot negate my own powers

its a paradox

hes limited to....im not all powerful if i cannot negate my own powers
It's a logical fallacy.

"that isnt logically possible" = a limitation

derp

Forum List

Back