Does your God have limitations?

In perfection, you don't know imperfection, a rock too heavy would never exist.
Thats an appeal to an order outside of logic, which I prefaced in the OP.

The discussion is moreso for folks, like the few that have said so, whose God has unlimited capability.

God is unlimited. Love doesn't know hate. Light doesn't know dark. It's impossible. Because God is all knowing and knows nothing opposite of goodness it makes opposition an illusion a false narrative a hypnotic suggestion that one only needs to wake up and realize is not true.
I cant make sense of that, but I appreciate ya

Your title in the thread asked does "your God " have limitations, mine doesn't. Humans socially construct so much that they believe their stories. :lol:
If yours doesnt, and humans cannot understand it, I addressed your position. In the first post...

I appreciate anyone's point of view in good faith.....but this thread was seeking a specified sub-group of beliefs that doesnt seem to be yours.
How is it not hers?

I have the exact same opinion.

God is not limited.

:popcorn:

It is logical to assume that an all powerful being would be all powerful in all things.

He would be all powerful in creating rocks.

He would be all powerful in lifting rocks.

This means that his ability to create rocks would be unlimited, and his ability to lift rocks would be unlimited as well.

So logic dictates that there is no rock he could not create and there is no rock he could not lift.

It would be illogical to believe that God would not be all powerful because he could not create a rock he could not lift.

It is logical to assume that an all powerful being would be all powerful in all things.

This means that his ability to create rocks would be unlimited, and his ability to lift rocks would be unlimited as well.

So logic dictates that there is no rock he could not create and there is no rock he could not lift.

It would be illogical to believe that God would not be all powerful because he could not create a rock he could not lift.
How do you know that a god is all powerful? Like, if it was so powerful, why does it need a badly conceived and written book to get its point across? It makes no sense.

How do you know that a god is all powerful? Like, if it was so powerful, why does it need a badly conceived and written book to get its point across? It makes no sense.

Badly understood book is not the same as a badly written book. Work on understanding and then you may see some brilliance in how some accounts were written. We seem to have lost that writing ability in modern times.

I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).

The all knowing AND all powerful God description seems to defy logic, but if your God can be illogical..... then I suppose that's fine;....however, if it's fine ........you're admitting that the Laws of Logic are not absolute as they can be broken by your God.

Many explain away paradoxes as "we're too small and ignorant to understand."

I accept that answer, but Im not interested in it if it's yours, as the conversation ends there. Im interested in folks who believe their God has limitations or not, and if not ~ if they can logically explain away all of the paradoxes this causes without invoking ignorance.
I don’t think he can create a rock that’s too big for him to pick up.
Thank you. Interesting, do you presuppose this God is beholden to the other Laws of Logic, as well? Do you think there's an entity more supreme, which causes these limitations in the 1st place?
There is nothing illogical about it.

He has unlimited powers in creating rocks and unlimited powers in lifting rocks.

Do the math.

Because he created existence. Or more accurately he is existence. That is how I know.

Other than that, Merriweather said it best, improve your understanding and then your use of the book will improve. And so will you.

Badly understood book is not the same as a badly written book. Work on understanding and then you may see some brilliance in how some accounts were written. We seem to have lost that writing ability in modern times.
It's a book written by people who were so ignorant that they had yet to invent toilet paper. A god wouldn't try to get its point across by such a book that needs to be studied forever to wrestle some unrelated meaning from those stories. It makes no sense at all.

Because he created existence. Or more accurately he is existence. That is how I know.

Other than that, Merriweather said it best, improve your understanding and then your use of the book will improve. And so will you.
Thanks for the gibberish.

Thanks for the gibberish.
You are welcome. It beats the shit that comes out of your mouth.

Did you ever see the South Park where they parodied you? It is hilarious.

If a god cannot make something he cannot lift, hes not all powerful.

and if he cannot lift something, hes not all powerful

its the omnipotence paradox. in logic, unresolvable

Irosie is beatin' poor Ding down in another thread about der Messiah started by NL(I'm not dead I'm the walrus)...

And I have explained why it is illogical.

The logical fallacy is the question itself. Inherent in the question is that it is impossible to logically do both. In reality though, an all powerful being would be all powerful in all things, and by all powerful, we have to assume infinite.

So logically it proceeds that an all powerful being could create a rock of infinite mass and would have infinite lifting capacity to lift that stone.

Therefore, the paradox is illogical in that it incorrectly defines only two logical solutions; neither of which is correct.

And I have explained why it is illogical.

The logical fallacy is the question itself. Inherent in the question is that it is impossible to logically do both. In reality though, an all powerful being would be all powerful in all things, and by all powerful, we have to assume infinite.

So logically it proceeds that an all powerful being could create a rock of infinite mass and would have infinite lifting capacity to lift that stone.

Therefore, the paradox is illogical in that it incorrectly defines only two logical solutions; neither of which is correct.
Youre changing the equation from can he make something HE CANNOT LIFT

to can he make something of infinite mass

You are changing the terms to fit, you are not resolving the paradox. Its not logically resolvable, as accepted in modern and classical logic.

Ding on the internet didnt do it, ding on the internet is an ego maniac who refuses to understand why he thinks hes solved something accepted as unresolvable.

Thats why youre not worth a conversation. Bye again.

Here's the pardox in a nutshell, God can't create something more than infinite so he is not all powerful.

Forum List

Back