Does your God have limitations?

A better question is that if God has unlimited power in creating rocks and God has unlimited power in lifting rocks, can God create a rock he cannot lift?

That doesnt make any sense whatsoever. You followed an unlimited by a could not. Could not literally means "unable to," which is why its a paradox.

Unlimited and unable to are mutually exclusive.

You would flunk introduction to logic in the 4th grade.
The could or could not doesn't matter GT because they are both unlimited. If you start from that assumption which is what you asked us to do, then the solution can never be anything but unlimited.

Let's do the math and use mass.

God can create infinite mass and God can lift infinite mass.

Can God lift it?

infinity mass created - infinity mass lifted = 0

The answer is yes.
If god has unlimited POWER, the paradox stands in that he could not create a rock that he could not lift.

This is quite literally the textbook example of a true paradox, in logic.

You can look it up. You also called it a paradox, yourself ...a handful of posts ago and so the troll temperature on planet jupiter musta dropped. Have a good day.
I told you I question the question.

If God has unlimited power then he has unlimited power to create rocks and unlimited power to lift rocks.

Solve it from there.
he doesnt gave unlimited power to create rocks if he cannot create the one he cannot lift

derpp
Two independent powers which you have erroneously linked.
:rolleyes:

This convo is exhausted with you, you can use your pretzel logic wherever you want to but you've been shown a dunce over and over in this thread...

and even now, called something a paradox and then posts later, just to argue, assert that its not.

You are an illogical troll and Im happy to ignore you on any intellectual level from here forward ~ have fun with that dingerred

The could or could not doesn't matter GT because they are both unlimited. If you start from that assumption which is what you asked us to do, then the solution can never be anything but unlimited.

Let's do the math and use mass.

God can create infinite mass and God can lift infinite mass.

Can God lift it?

infinity mass created - infinity mass lifted = 0

The answer is yes.
If god has unlimited POWER, the paradox stands in that he could not create a rock that he could not lift.

This is quite literally the textbook example of a true paradox, in logic.

You can look it up. You also called it a paradox, yourself ...a handful of posts ago and so the troll temperature on planet jupiter musta dropped. Have a good day.
I told you I question the question.

If God has unlimited power then he has unlimited power to create rocks and unlimited power to lift rocks.

Solve it from there.
he doesnt gave unlimited power to create rocks if he cannot create the one he cannot lift

derpp
Two independent powers which you have erroneously linked.
:rolleyes:

This convo is exhausted with you, you can use your pretzel logic wherever you want to but you've been shown a dunce over and over in this thread...

and even now, called something a paradox and then posts later, just to argue, assert that its not.

You are an illogical troll and Im happy to ignore you on any intellectual level from here forward ~ have fun with that dingerred
And it all went over your head as usual. This is like the 14th time you have said good bye.

It stands to reason that if God is all powerful then he is all powerful in all things. Meaning his ability to create rocks is unlimited and his ability to lift rocks is unlimited.

The OP paradox is a logical fallacy of its own making because inherent to the paradox is the assumption that he can't do both.

When in reality, a fair assessment starts by asking the question can he do it if he has unlimited powers in each.

Being able to create and lift an infinite size rock is a far greater accomplishment than being able to create an infinite size rock but not be able to lift it.

Verdict: Paradox Fail

Last edited:
The power being tested is lifting, not not lifting. Hence, the error in the OP.

Verdict: Paradox Fail

I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).

The all knowing AND all powerful God description seems to defy logic, but if your God can be illogical..... then I suppose that's fine;....however, if it's fine ........you're admitting that the Laws of Logic are not absolute as they can be broken by your God.

Many explain away paradoxes as "we're too small and ignorant to understand."

I accept that answer, but Im not interested in it if it's yours, as the conversation ends there. Im interested in folks who believe their God has limitations or not, and if not ~ if they can logically explain away all of the paradoxes this causes without invoking ignorance.
I don’t think he can create a rock that’s too big for him to pick up.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).

The all knowing AND all powerful God description seems to defy logic, but if your God can be illogical..... then I suppose that's fine;....however, if it's fine ........you're admitting that the Laws of Logic are not absolute as they can be broken by your God.

Many explain away paradoxes as "we're too small and ignorant to understand."

I accept that answer, but Im not interested in it if it's yours, as the conversation ends there. Im interested in folks who believe their God has limitations or not, and if not ~ if they can logically explain away all of the paradoxes this causes without invoking ignorance.
I don’t think he can create a rock that’s too big for him to pick up.
Thank you. Interesting, do you presuppose this God is beholden to the other Laws of Logic, as well? Do you think there's an entity more supreme, which causes these limitations in the 1st place?

It's impossible.
I think so too. Why do you think it is impossible?

There is no opposition God is always there. There is only a belief that God isn't.

An opposition is like a hypnotic suggestion just because you believe a false suggestion doesn't make that a reality. When you wake up you see all along that it wasn't even real. In the waking state, you are with God and it's impossible to not be.

It's also true about love and fear. Love can never be in fear it's impossible. The minute you are coming from love you are not in fear.
But some might say "God cant be logically consistent if it's all knowing and all powerful." What do you say to that?

It is naturally completely consistent.It's impossible to have fear where love is, impossible to have dark where light is. You don't say light is illogical if it doesn't recognize dark. Love is illogical if it doesn't recognize fear. It's impossible for good to be bad. The opposed reality doesn't exist, it can't.
It is not consistent, it is outside of logic.

Im not arguing that being outside of logic is impossible.....

but inside of the framework of logic, a being cannot possess all possible power as there are several logical paradoxes this creates

Can an all powerful being make a rock it cannot lift is the most primal logical example

if it cannot lift it, its power is limited
if it cannot make it, its power is limited

this paradox is only resolved OUTSIDE of the framework of logic...and thats a concession I made in the OP because as an agnostic, I realize that God cannot as of yet be disproven....or maybe ever

So you see God as human being?

God is the file drawer where we put those things we can't explain. Logic is fine in its place, but it will never explain the unexplainable. Nonbelievers and believers are on the wrong path trying to use human logic to explain or unexplain God.

God is that fuzzy feeling when you're unexpectedly touched by an act of human kindness or the feeling of awe on an early spring day when the first shoots of your perennials begin appearing in the garden after winter. A seed germinating. A baby being born with all ten fingers, ten toes and yowling in outrage. Love. Hope. Handel's Messiah. Michelangelo's Pieta.
We still can't put a finger on it. Our imaginations are bigger than A=A.

Just ignore me. I just had to say it, illogical as it may be.
So what is it when the baby has only 9 toes, a sign that god can fuck up too?

Who says 9 toes is imperfect? Humans socially construct rules to define that but that doesn't make it so.

I think so too. Why do you think it is impossible?

There is no opposition God is always there. There is only a belief that God isn't.

An opposition is like a hypnotic suggestion just because you believe a false suggestion doesn't make that a reality. When you wake up you see all along that it wasn't even real. In the waking state, you are with God and it's impossible to not be.

It's also true about love and fear. Love can never be in fear it's impossible. The minute you are coming from love you are not in fear.
But some might say "God cant be logically consistent if it's all knowing and all powerful." What do you say to that?

It is naturally completely consistent.It's impossible to have fear where love is, impossible to have dark where light is. You don't say light is illogical if it doesn't recognize dark. Love is illogical if it doesn't recognize fear. It's impossible for good to be bad. The opposed reality doesn't exist, it can't.
It is not consistent, it is outside of logic.

Im not arguing that being outside of logic is impossible.....

but inside of the framework of logic, a being cannot possess all possible power as there are several logical paradoxes this creates

Can an all powerful being make a rock it cannot lift is the most primal logical example

if it cannot lift it, its power is limited
if it cannot make it, its power is limited

this paradox is only resolved OUTSIDE of the framework of logic...and thats a concession I made in the OP because as an agnostic, I realize that God cannot as of yet be disproven....or maybe ever

So you see God as human being?
I dont see god as anything ~ I am agnostic until Im convinced otherwise.

In perfection, you don't know imperfection, a rock too heavy would never exist.
Thats an appeal to an order outside of logic, which I prefaced in the OP.

The discussion is moreso for folks, like the few that have said so, whose God has unlimited capability.

The discussion is moreso for folks, like the few that have said so, whose God has unlimited capability.

God is unlimited. Love doesn't know hate. Light doesn't know dark. It's impossible. Because God is all knowing and knows nothing opposite of goodness it makes opposition an illusion a false narrative a hypnotic suggestion that one only needs to wake up and realize is not true.

God is unlimited. Love doesn't know hate. Light doesn't know dark. It's impossible. Because God is all knowing and knows nothing opposite of goodness it makes opposition an illusion a false narrative a hypnotic suggestion that one only needs to wake up and realize is not true.
I cant make sense of that, but I appreciate ya

Your title in the thread asked does "your God " have limitations, mine doesn't. Humans socially construct so much that they believe their stories. :lol:

Your title in the thread asked does "your God " have limitations, mine doesn't. Humans socially construct so much that they believe their stories. :lol:
If yours doesnt, and humans cannot understand it, I addressed your position. In the first post...

I appreciate anyone's point of view in good faith.....but this thread was seeking a specified sub-group of beliefs that doesnt seem to be yours.

If yours doesnt, and humans cannot understand it, I addressed your position. In the first post...

I appreciate anyone's point of view in good faith.....but this thread was seeking a specified sub-group of beliefs that doesnt seem to be yours.

Ok.

Forum List

Back