Does your God have limitations?

I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).

The all knowing AND all powerful God description seems to defy logic, but if your God can be illogical..... then I suppose that's fine;....however, if it's fine ........you're admitting that the Laws of Logic are not absolute as they can be broken by your God.

Many explain away paradoxes as "we're too small and ignorant to understand."

I accept that answer, but Im not interested in it if it's yours, as the conversation ends there. Im interested in folks who believe their God has limitations or not, and if not ~ if they can logically explain away all of the paradoxes this causes without invoking ignorance.

No.
No what?

No you can't explain it away?

Or no your God has no limitations.

No limitations.
Me too. I don't believe not opposing himself is a limitation.

I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).

The all knowing AND all powerful God description seems to defy logic, but if your God can be illogical..... then I suppose that's fine;....however, if it's fine ........you're admitting that the Laws of Logic are not absolute as they can be broken by your God.

I accept that answer, but Im not interested in it if it's yours, as the conversation ends there. Im interested in folks who believe their God has limitations or not, and if not ~ if they can logically explain away all of the paradoxes this causes without invoking ignorance.

No.
No what?

No limitations.

It's impossible.

No.
No what?

No limitations.

It's impossible.
I think so too. Why do you think it is impossible?

No.
No what?

No limitations.
I was just thinking about that argument atheists love to use...about God creating a rock that was too heavy for Him to lift. They think they are clever, but no one can create something greater than themselves. Especially someone who is all powerful. Besides, if God could create something, He could certainly lift it. No matter how big it is. He could create three rocks bigger than the universe and juggle them if He wanted to. These fools are in for a big surprise someday. I can't wait until Judgement Day, so I can watch them try to convince God that He doesn't exist. Should be entertaining.

No what?

No limitations.

It's impossible.

There is no opposition God is always there. There is only a belief that God isn't.

An opposition is like a hypnotic suggestion just because you believe a false suggestion doesn't make that a reality. When you wake up you see all along that it wasn't even real. In the waking state, you are with God and it's impossible to not be.

It's also true about love and fear. Love can never be in fear it's impossible. The minute you are coming from love you are not in fear.

No what?

No limitations.

It's impossible.

There is no opposition God is always there. There is only a belief that God isn't.

An opposition is like a hypnotic suggestion just because you believe a false suggestion doesn't make that a reality. When you wake up you see all along that it wasn't even real. In the waking state, you are with God and it's impossible to not be.

It's also true about love and fear. Love can never be in fear it's impossible. The minute you are coming from love you are not in fear.
But some might say "God cant be logically consistent if it's all knowing and all powerful." What do you say to that?

No limitations.

It's impossible.

But some might say "God cant be logically consistent if it's all knowing and all powerful." What do you say to that?

It is naturally completely consistent.It's impossible to have fear where love is, impossible to have dark where light is. You don't say light is illogical if it doesn't recognize dark. Love is illogical if it doesn't recognize fear. It's impossible for good to be bad. The opposed reality doesn't exist, it can't.

It's impossible.

It is naturally completely consistent.It's impossible to have fear where love is, impossible to have dark where light is. You don't say light is illogical if it doesn't recognize dark. Love is illogical if it doesn't recognize fear. It's impossible for good to be bad. The opposed reality doesn't exist, it can't.
I'm not sure the OP would agree with you.

I don't think that was one of his options.

Apparently he only believes there are two.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the OP to comment on Drifter's beliefs to find out.

It's impossible.

That's ok, it's a discussion board people can disagree. The point is once you have light you don't have dark, same principle for God.

That's ok, it's a discussion board people can disagree. The point is once you have light you don't have dark, same principle for God.
I agree that in and of itself disagreements are a poor excuse for poor behavior. But we see that a lot here.

I agree that there is no paradox but some will say that:

A God cant be logically consistent if it's all knowing and all powerful. By virtue of being all knowing, it doesnt have the power to make itself "not know" something. By virtue of being all powerful, it has to posess the power to make itself not all knowing. In logic, "A" cannot equal "not A."

I agree that in and of itself disagreements are a poor excuse for poor behavior. But we see that a lot here.

A God cant be logically consistent if it's all knowing and all powerful. By virtue of being all knowing, it doesnt have the power to make itself "not know" something. By virtue of being all powerful, it has to posess the power to make itself not all knowing. In logic, "A" cannot equal "not A."
Your god must have limitations, given that it couldn't make you any smarter. amirite? :biggrin:

God is the file drawer where we put those things we can't explain. Logic is fine in its place, but it will never explain the unexplainable. Nonbelievers and believers are on the wrong path trying to use human logic to explain or unexplain God.

God is that fuzzy feeling when you're unexpectedly touched by an act of human kindness or the feeling of awe on an early spring day when the first shoots of your perennials begin appearing in the garden after winter. A seed germinating. A baby being born with all ten fingers, ten toes and yowling in outrage. Love. Hope. Handel's Messiah. Michelangelo's Pieta.
We still can't put a finger on it. Our imaginations are bigger than A=A.

Just ignore me. I just had to say it, illogical as it may be.

God is the file drawer where we put those things we can't explain. Logic is fine in its place, but it will never explain the unexplainable. Nonbelievers and believers are on the wrong path trying to use human logic to explain or unexplain God.

God is that fuzzy feeling when you're unexpectedly touched by an act of human kindness or the feeling of awe on an early spring day when the first shoots of your perennials begin appearing in the garden after winter. A seed germinating. A baby being born with all ten fingers, ten toes and yowling in outrage. Love. Hope. Handel's Messiah. Michelangelo's Pieta.

So what is it when the baby has only 9 toes, a sign that god can fuck up too?

Your god must have limitations, given that it couldn't make you any smarter. amirite? :biggrin:
No. That's all on me.

Same goes for you.

It's impossible.

It is not consistent, it is outside of logic.

Im not arguing that being outside of logic is impossible.....

but inside of the framework of logic, a being cannot possess all possible power as there are several logical paradoxes this creates

Can an all powerful being make a rock it cannot lift is the most primal logical example

if it cannot lift it, its power is limited
if it cannot make it, its power is limited

this paradox is only resolved OUTSIDE of the framework of logic...and thats a concession I made in the OP because as an agnostic, I realize that God cannot as of yet be disproven....or maybe ever

Unless of course his power for creating and lifting were infinite or unlimited.

God defies human logic. Ants would have a better chance of understanding humans.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

So what is it when the baby has only 9 toes, a sign that god can fuck up too?
I suppose so. Or a pissed off God, if you go for that stuff. Maybe the parents forgot their sacrifice?

Forum List

Back