Does your God have limitations?

The argument would be more logical if the deists simply stopped at “most powerful”. But they over do it and back them selves into a logic trap.

The argument would be more logical if the deists simply stopped at “most powerful”. But they over do it and back them selves into a logic trap.
There is no logic trap. We live in a deterministic universe. A universe governed by rules where every cause has an effect. There is no such thing as a paradox where we live. Just malformed questions that play on words but have zero meaning in the real world other than to be an intended distraction from the truth.

There is no logic trap. We live in a deterministic universe. A universe governed by rules where every cause has an effect. There is no such thing as a paradox where we live. Just malformed questions that play on words but have zero meaning in the real world other than to be an intended distraction from the truth.
Ding, you quite clearly dont know what paradox means. This threads above your intellectual level.

Ding, you quite clearly dont know what paradox means. This threads above your intellectual level.
They are like unicorns GT. They exist only in your mind. Not in the real world.

Thats why theyre called a PARADOX you fucking idiot, and thats why a being said to be ALL powerful presents a problem.

You are fucking stupid.

Repeat that back to yourself 786 times, and fuck off.

Thats why theyre called a PARADOX you fucking idiot, and thats why a being said to be ALL powerful presents a problem.

You are fucking stupid.

It can't present a problem if it does not exist, GT.

You are fucking stupid.

It can't present a problem if it does not exist, GT.
Thanks for disproving an ALL powerful God.

Bookmarked, and check mate.

But he is well versed in churchology.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
but but but its not a limit on god if he CANT refute himself

limit
cant

:lol:

I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).

The all knowing AND all powerful God description seems to defy logic, but if your God can be illogical..... then I suppose that's fine;....however, if it's fine ........you're admitting that the Laws of Logic are not absolute as they can be broken by your God.

Many explain away paradoxes as "we're too small and ignorant to understand."

I accept that answer, but Im not interested in it if it's yours, as the conversation ends there. Im interested in folks who believe their God has limitations or not, and if not ~ if they can logically explain away all of the paradoxes this causes without invoking ignorance.

What’s logic? Who invented it and who decides what it is? What’s God ? Is the definition of ”God” some dude or gal sitting on a cloud smiting some and blessing his sheep ? What it God? Then, if I say god is a big tree out in the forest what would you say ? Does our God have limitations? Not likely as they be/she it is God.

I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).

The all knowing AND all powerful God description seems to defy logic, but if your God can be illogical..... then I suppose that's fine;....however, if it's fine ........you're admitting that the Laws of Logic are not absolute as they can be broken by your God.

I accept that answer, but Im not interested in it if it's yours, as the conversation ends there. Im interested in folks who believe their God has limitations or not, and if not ~ if they can logically explain away all of the paradoxes this causes without invoking ignorance.

What’s logic? Who invented it and who decides what it is? What’s God ? Is the definition of ”God” some dude or gal sitting on a cloud smiting some and blessing his sheep ? What it God? Then, if I say god is a big tree out in the forest what would you say ? Does our God have limitations? Not likely as they be/she it is God.
Those questions are all good, of course nobody has the answer to most, but Ive got answers to some. Gimme a few ~

limit
cant

It's all word games, GT. Of course he cannot oppose himself. That would be against his nature. It does not change the fact that he is all powerful.

Think of it this way. Reality is a sim game. There was a creator or programmer. The rules (i.e. code) he established control how events unfold within the game as slight differences are allowed to compete and evolve.

The programmer could have opposed himself and wrote different laws (i.e. code) that determined the fate of the inhabitants of the sim game but he didn't.

Did this make him less powerful?

No. He controlled how existence would play out. In terms of the inhabitants of the sim game he was all powerful.

Now do you understand, GT?

Those questions are all good, of course nobody has the answer to most, but Ive got answers to some. Gimme a few ~

Well , I can only go by what I have seen with mine own eyes. I have seen sunsets in allot of places. I have seen catfish during a spawned swimming like dolphins, I see dolphins all the damn time. Worse then stray dogs honestly. I have seen massive forest fires and get very small when up in them. I have seen war zones, no I’m afraid I was not a Haji killing dynamo, but I seen some things that were pretty ugly. Even smelled ugly. Saw my kids born to. When I’m happy, God has no limits. When I’m sad he is punishing me, I think that we have limits we need to look at.

Well , I can only go by what I have seen with mine own eyes. I have seen sunsets in allot of places. I have seen catfish during a spawned swimming like dolphins, I see dolphins all the damn time. Worse then stray dogs honestly. I have seen massive forest fires and get very small when up in them. I have seen war zones, no I’m afraid I was not a Haji killing dynamo, but I seen some things that were pretty ugly. Even smelled ugly. Saw my kids born to. When I’m happy, God has no limits. When I’m sad he is punishing me, I think that we have limits we need to look at.

Guess it depends on you mood in most cas s.

limit
cant

It's all word games, GT. Of course he cannot oppose himself. That would be against his nature. It does not change the fact that he is all powerful.

Think of it this way. Reality is a sim game. There was a creator or programmer. The rules (i.e. code) he established control how events unfold within the game as slight differences are allowed to compete and evolve.

The programmer could have opposed himself and wrote different laws (i.e. code) that determined the fate of the inhabitants of the sim game but he didn't.

No. He controlled how existence would play out. In terms of the inhabitants of the sim game he was all powerful.

You dont understand what all powerful means, is all this means.

Theres something called the god paradox for a reason.

A programmer isnt all powerful because hes not programming himself.

That doesnt fall under all powerful. Just powerful over 1 thing. his program.

You dont understand the word "all," and thats not word games its plain english.

limit
cant

That doesnt fall under all powerful. Just powerful over 1 thing.

I think it is you who does not understand what all powerful means, GT.

Was the programmer all powerful over the virtual lives of the sim game?

All powerful = can do everything.
God as described by ding = cant negate himself.
cant do something = not all powerful.

Thats a coherent logical syllogism that dingybrain cannot refute.

limit
cant

That doesnt fall under all powerful. Just powerful over 1 thing.

I think it is you who does not understand what all powerful means, GT.

Was the programmer all powerful over the virtual lives of the sim game?
If this is analogous, all youre doing is agreeing. All powerful over 1 thing (the game), does not equal all powerful period because of whats outside of the game, in this case: God. Itself.

You negate yourself based on stupidity every time you speak.

So ding says his god cannot do something(negate its existence).

Does anyone have a God which can, that can also explain this paradox in logical terms or is it the "humans cannot understand" answer?

Forum List

Back