Does your God have limitations?

You said he had a limitation in your own post. That means hes not limitless.....derpppppp

This is why its called a paradox, Ding. Which.....another victory for me and all......but i predicted you didnt know what paradox means 27 or so posts ago.

you proved me correct.

Swoosh
It's his limitation. He's all powerful and cannot oppose himself. No paradox.
Limitation =/= No limitations.

That's illogical, and doesnt meet the criteria in the OP.

You are turbo slow, I bet your body water is glue.
Except it was his limitation. It is classic all powerful.
Limitation =/= No limitations.

Saying nuh uh isnt a logically coherent argument.
All powerful over the most all powerful seems pretty powerful to me, bro.
Thats neat, but its not a logical dismissal of the god paradox.

Its too bad you wasted your time, but you fall under the "humans cant understand" explanation and I offered you the out in the OP.

I think you need electro shock therapy and a re-education camp dingbat.

I know this is an advanced concept for GT but the most powerful cannot oppose himself because he is most powerful. So the thing that GT believes proves that God is not all powerful is in reality the very thing that demonstrates that he is.

I know this is an advanced concept for GT but the most powerful cannot oppose himself because he is most powerful. So the thing that GT believes proves that God is not all powerful is in reality the very thing that demonstrates that he is.
You just described why it's a paradox, dont understand why, and scapegoated the ignorance onto someone else.

That shit is fuckin funny!

You just described why it's a paradox, dont understand why, and scapegoated the ignorance onto someone else.

I'm pretty happy with it too.

I make you look stupid while you tell everyone how you are making me look stupid.

No. I just explained how it isn't.

I make you look stupid while you tell everyone how you are making me look stupid.
The fact that you dont understand the god paradox isnt my problem, ding.....Im sure one of your peers could explain it for you in crayons and glitter glue ~ and how you unwittingly admitted its a paradox yourself.

:itsok:

gosh i love curb stomping whitebelts whose logic is trashbags :lol:

The fact that you dont understand the god paradox isnt my problem, ding.....Im sure one of your peers could explain it for you in crayons and glitter glue ~ and how you unwittingly admitted its a paradox yourself.

Crayons wouldn’t help... He’d just eat them...

At least theyre non-toxic. :dunno:

At least theyre non-toxic. :dunno:
Tree huggers have ruined everything!

I crushed it. There's no paradox.

You literally said an unlimited being is limited.

I think you need a time out, dingy batty

No. You say that. I say that God's only limitation is himself. He cannot oppose his nature.

You are changing words, GT. Try to stay consistent. Unlimited implies other things as in his eternal nature and unchanging nature.

A common modern version of the omnipotence paradox is expressed in the question: "Can [an omnipotent being] create a stone so heavy that it cannot lift it?" This question generates a dilemma. The being can either create a stone it cannot lift, or it cannot create a stone it cannot lift. If the being can create a stone that it cannot lift, then it seems that it can cease to be omnipotent. If the being cannot create a stone it cannot lift, then it seems it is already not omnipotent.[4]

A related issue is whether the concept of 'logically possible' is different for a world in which omnipotence exists than a world in which omnipotence does not exist.

The dilemma of omnipotence is similar to another classic paradox—the irresistible force paradox: What would happen if an irresistible force were to meet an immovable object? One response to this paradox is to disallow its formulation, by saying that if a force is irresistible, then by definition there is no immovable object; or conversely, if an immovable object exists, then by definition no force can be irresistible. Some claim[who?] that the only way out of this paradox is if the irresistible force and immovable object never meet. But this is not a way out, because an object cannot in principle be immovable if a force exists that can in principle move it, regardless of whether the force and the object actually meet.

No. You say that. I say that God's only limitation is himself. He cannot oppose his nature.

You are changing words, GT. Try to stay consistent. Unlimited implies other things as in his eternal nature and unchanging nature.
It's over your head, ding.

You cant even understand that unlimited power is impossible in a logical world because it cannot negate itself, thus has a limitation.

Game over, despite your gnashing and crybaby bullshit.

It's over your head, ding.

You cant even understand that unlimited power is impossible in a logical world because it cannot negate itself, thus has a limitation.

Game over, despite your gnashing and crybaby bullshit.
No. I deny that not negating itself diminishes anything.

I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).
God can't laugh. You can't tell him a joke he's never heard or surprise him in any way. I feel bad for him since that is such an important aspect of being human.
But He DOES have a sense of humor. He laughs at the wicked. For He knows their ultimate fate. It's just like someone who finds something so ridiculous the only thing you can do is laugh at it. It's like, SERIOUSLY? LOL!
He laughs at those condemned to eternal torment. Is that really the good and loving God you believe in?

I'm interested to know about what you perceive your God's limitations to be (if any).
God can't laugh. You can't tell him a joke he's never heard or surprise him in any way. I feel bad for him since that is such an important aspect of being human.
BTW, God does have a sense of humor. He created it, after all. And don't feel sorry for Him. Feel sorry for everyone who rejects Him.
I do feel sorry for Him, He needs to be loved but He has no friends. Sad.

Doesn't he want us to turn the other cheek and love one another? Yet he does not. Hypocrite.

The all knowing AND all powerful God description seems to defy logic, but if your God can be illogical..... then I suppose that's fine;....however, if it's fine ........you're admitting that the Laws of Logic are not absolute as they can be broken by your God.

Many explain away paradoxes as "we're too small and ignorant to understand."

I accept that answer, but Im not interested in it if it's yours, as the conversation ends there. Im interested in folks who believe their God has limitations or not, and if not ~ if they can logically explain away all of the paradoxes this causes without invoking ignorance.

He is all powerful I can assure you, except maybe in a head to head debate with you here at US Message boards

Forum List

Back