Dog lies down in road for hours at spot where Florida accident claims his owner's life

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Heart-breaking pictures show Paco the dog lying down in middle of the road for HOURS at the EXACT same spot his beloved owner was killed in a hit-and-run
  • Kelly Black, 42, was found dead in the street near a gas station in Jacksonville, Florida, at approximately 6.15am on Friday
  • Black's dog Paco remained at the scene, lying in the road until Black's family members arrived
  • A semi truck driver apparently hit Black in the parking lot of a Kangaroo gas station and dragged her 30 feet into the road, police said
  • Police suspect that the driver, whose identity is not known, may have not known he or she had struck the victim

After a Florida woman was fatally hit by a semi truck on Friday, her pet dog remained at the scene, laying in the spot where its owner’s life was taken.

Kelly Black, 42, was found dead in the street near a gas station in Jacksonville at approximately 6.15am. The truck that hit her has still not been found.

Black was walking her dog Paco when she was struck, and the pet remained in the road for hours after his owner’s body had been removed.

2DB7B7DC00000578-0-image-a-21_1445641118636.jpg

Read more: Dog lies down in the road after his owner was killed in a hit-and-run
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Heart breaking story all around. Kind of reminds of a story a few years ago where a male goose (may have been a duck) had a mate. I believe geese have life long mates.

Anyway, the mate of male goose was killed a by a passing car. Well, the male goose stood there in the same position along the side of the road for like two straight weeks calling to his mate.

Animals are amazing to me.

Some people will spoil any story with politics. I pity them.

Good dogs ...

I'm driving down a country road. Below the speed limit, because it's quite twisty.

I come up on a little rise ahead. There's a big black dog sitting on top of it. Just sitting there, looking down the road at my car.

I creep up to it. On the other side of the rise ... there's a goddamn toddler playing in the road.

She toddled off towards the trailer, doggy right behind. I didn't pursue. Mom was probably passed out drunk, who knows.

I could only think "good doggy, good doggy", because without doggy, I would have popped over that rise at 40 mph and had no chance of stopping.

Heart-breaking pictures show Paco the dog lying down in middle of the road for HOURS at the EXACT same spot his beloved owner was killed in a hit-and-run
  • Kelly Black, 42, was found dead in the street near a gas station in Jacksonville, Florida, at approximately 6.15am on Friday
  • Black's dog Paco remained at the scene, lying in the road until Black's family members arrived
  • A semi truck driver apparently hit Black in the parking lot of a Kangaroo gas station and dragged her 30 feet into the road, police said
  • Police suspect that the driver, whose identity is not known, may have not known he or she had struck the victim

After a Florida woman was fatally hit by a semi truck on Friday, her pet dog remained at the scene, laying in the spot where its owner’s life was taken.

Kelly Black, 42, was found dead in the street near a gas station in Jacksonville at approximately 6.15am. The truck that hit her has still not been found.

Black was walking her dog Paco when she was struck, and the pet remained in the road for hours after his owner’s body had been removed.

Read more: Dog lies down in the road after his owner was killed in a hit-and-run

Heart breaking story all around. Kind of reminds of a story a few years ago where a male goose (may have been a duck) had a mate. I believe geese have life long mates.

Anyway, the mate of male goose was killed a by a passing car. Well, the male goose stood there in the same position along the side of the road for like two straight weeks calling to his mate.

I was grieving.

Some people will spoil any story with politics. I pity them.

Good dogs ...

I'm driving down a country road. Below the speed limit, because it's quite twisty.

I come up on a little rise ahead. There's a big black dog sitting on top of it. Just sitting there, looking down the road at my car.

I creep up to it. On the other side of the rise ... there's a goddamn toddler playing in the road.

She toddled off towards the trailer, doggy right behind. I didn't pursue. Mom was probably passed out drunk, who knows.

I could only think "good doggy, good doggy", because without doggy, I would have popped over that rise at 40 mph and had no chance of stopping.

---
Great story! Thx.
Dogs are more amazing than many of us realize (esp me); I'm more of a cat person.

---
Not just dogs, which are very special, but I find ALL animals amazing too.
Including ants and spiders.

I had a pair of pet geese. My dog died of old age and there was no yard guard at night. A bobcat (later was discovered it was a bobcat) got a hold of the female goose's head almost crushing it. I came out for the big ruckus and let a few shots go so the bobcat released my goose. She was in a very bad shape. The male was tending to her for weeks, never leaving her side for a minute. I fed them - as much as the poor female could eat - on the spot. She miraculously recovered.

Heart-breaking pictures show Paco the dog lying down in middle of the road for HOURS at the EXACT same spot his beloved owner was killed in a hit-and-run...

So.What do you think? The dog is waiting for it's owner? What is heart breaking about that?

Oh, you think the dog KNOWS the owner is dead?

sorry. Dante loved a dog once and loves many dogs, but this shit has to be called for what it is

bullshit

The closing cards reveal information about the real Hachikō, who was born in Ōdate in 1923. After the death of his owner, Hidesaburō Ueno, in 1925, Hachikō returned to the Shibuya train station the next day and every day after that for the next nine years. The final card reveals that the real Hachikō died in March 1934. A photo of his statue in front of the Shibuya train station is the last image shown before the credits roll.

The closing cards reveal information about the real Hachikō, who was born in Ōdate in 1923. After the death of his owner, Hidesaburō Ueno, in 1925, Hachikō returned to the Shibuya train station the next day and every day after that for the next nine years. The final card reveals that the real Hachikō died in March 1934. A photo of his statue in front of the Shibuya train station is the last image shown before the credits roll.

I raised an Akita.......absolutely remarkable animal.

O.J.? Is that really you?

Pit Bull....Named Baby....

Great dog, and GREAT with kids...

Good friend had a chocolate Dobie named Hershey Bar that babysit our kids, next to a busy highway...

Never underestimate a good dog...

Best friend I ever had was my mutt...

I'll take one over a Liberal any day.
What a coincidence....our dogs are amazingly better behaved and more pleasant than most Conservatives I know. And usually smarter too.
Mine were definitely smarter than Libs, even if they did wait by the food dish...

At least they had jobs (stock or guard dogs) and worked for a living. Freeloaders didn't last...

I wonder if the dog would be smart enough to go after the perpetrator should they ever come forward. You never know how smart a pet really is until after they have gone and done whatever it is that blows a person away.

God bless you and the dog always!!!

Holly

P.S. I guess that it would depend of whether or not the dog saw who was driving the truck that hit the woman.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back