Dog lies down in road for hours at spot where Florida accident claims his owner's life

Heart-breaking pictures show Paco the dog lying down in middle of the road for HOURS at the EXACT same spot his beloved owner was killed in a hit-and-run
  • Kelly Black, 42, was found dead in the street near a gas station in Jacksonville, Florida, at approximately 6.15am on Friday
  • Black's dog Paco remained at the scene, lying in the road until Black's family members arrived
  • A semi truck driver apparently hit Black in the parking lot of a Kangaroo gas station and dragged her 30 feet into the road, police said
  • Police suspect that the driver, whose identity is not known, may have not known he or she had struck the victim

After a Florida woman was fatally hit by a semi truck on Friday, her pet dog remained at the scene, laying in the spot where its owner’s life was taken.

Kelly Black, 42, was found dead in the street near a gas station in Jacksonville at approximately 6.15am. The truck that hit her has still not been found.

Black was walking her dog Paco when she was struck, and the pet remained in the road for hours after his owner’s body had been removed.

2DB7B7DC00000578-0-image-a-21_1445641118636.jpg

Read more: Dog lies down in the road after his owner was killed in a hit-and-run
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Heart breaking story all around. Kind of reminds of a story a few years ago where a male goose (may have been a duck) had a mate. I believe geese have life long mates.

Anyway, the mate of male goose was killed a by a passing car. Well, the male goose stood there in the same position along the side of the road for like two straight weeks calling to his mate.

Animals are amazing to me.

Golden retreivers have approximately 40x the scent receptors humans have. Stop being amazed by biology. The woman's scent is all over the crash site.

Golden retreivers have approximately 40x the scent receptors humans have. Stop being amazed by biology. The woman's scent is all over the crash site.
her scent has to lead out of there too. follow the scent?

Why didn't the dog chase the ambulance with his/her beloved companion in it?

I'm surprised the dog isn't lying down outside of the ambulance emergency room entrance or at the morgue. Or even better, why doesn't the dog follow the trail back home?

The dog knows nothing. People are imprinting on the dog

her scent has to lead out of there too. follow the scent?

Why didn't the dog chase the ambulance with his/her beloved companion in it?

I'm surprised the dog isn't lying down outside of the ambulance emergency room entrance or at the morgue. Or even better, why doesn't the dog follow the trail back home?

The dog knows nothing. People are imprinting on the dog

Scene trails thin out eventually. Especially if her remains got put into a vehicle and driven off. It'll go back to where the scent is strongest. That the dog was actually there too further explains it.

Scene trails thin out eventually. Especially if her remains got put into a vehicle and driven off. It'll go back to where the scent is strongest. That the dog was actually there too further explains it.
My pup would have been attacking anyone touching me and would have chased the ambulance or hearse into oblivion.

something is fishy about the story. The story seems to be manipulated to pull at the strings of emotion and silence the keys of reason and logic

I wonder if the dog would be smart enough to go after the perpetrator...
really?
Now THAT is an insane thought
Oh well. At least it isn't a boring thought. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

For once...I would love to see you bless one of God's creatures. too ...that sweet loyal dog!

like this

Bless the dog and his owner! :) Bless ALL animals on earth!
Is there a detox facility located nearby you?

really?

Holly
For once...I would love to see you bless one of God's creatures. too ...that sweet loyal dog!

like this

I did that in my first message. :) :) :)

God bless you and the dog always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

really?

Holly

like this

I did that in my first message. :) :) :)

God bless you and the dog always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

((((Thank you JOSweetHeart)))) :huddle:

The closing cards reveal information about the real Hachikō, who was born in Ōdate in 1923. After the death of his owner, Hidesaburō Ueno, in 1925, Hachikō returned to the Shibuya train station the next day and every day after that for the next nine years. The final card reveals that the real Hachikō died in March 1934. A photo of his statue in front of the Shibuya train station is the last image shown before the credits roll.

I raised an Akita.......absolutely remarkable animal.
Pit Bull....Named Baby....

Great dog, and GREAT with kids...

Good friend had a chocolate Dobie named Hershey Bar that babysit our kids, next to a busy highway...

Never underestimate a good dog...
I saw your name and read your post.
I'm not surprised you owned a pit bull and a doberman somehow.

The closing cards reveal information about the real Hachikō, who was born in Ōdate in 1923. After the death of his owner, Hidesaburō Ueno, in 1925, Hachikō returned to the Shibuya train station the next day and every day after that for the next nine years. The final card reveals that the real Hachikō died in March 1934. A photo of his statue in front of the Shibuya train station is the last image shown before the credits roll.

I raised an Akita.......absolutely remarkable animal.
Pit Bull....Named Baby....

Great dog, and GREAT with kids...

Good friend had a chocolate Dobie named Hershey Bar that babysit our kids, next to a busy highway...

Never underestimate a good dog...
I saw your name and read your post.
I'm not surprised you owned a pit bull and a doberman somehow.
he probably beat them under the guise of authority

Forum List

Back