Dogs refuse to eat vegan "meat"...

Deuteronomy 14:3-21 “You shall not eat any abomination. These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, the deer, the gazelle, the roebuck, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope, and the mountain sheep. Every animal that parts the hoof and has the hoof cloven in two and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Yet of those that chew the cud or have the hoof cloven you shall not eat these: the camel, the hare, and the rock badger, because they chew the cud but do not part the hoof, are unclean for you. ...

See, we can play Bible verse for Bible verse all day.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.

That means you eat what you want to eat and I eat what I want to eat.

You leftist vermin just have to judge everything. You just sit and judge all day long. I am glad you are not MY judge.

Since you added on to your post after I posted before, I'm replying again. You're misapplying the Colossians scripture as well. But it's almost 3 in the morning here, and I obviously don't have time right now for a bible study. Maybe tomorrow I'll get back to that.

Also, it is hilarious to me that you assume I'm a leftist, just because we disagree on this topic. I'm absolutely NOT a leftist, not even close, but thanks for the laugh! :lol: Then again, it's actually sad to me when people on either side automatically assume that if someone disagrees with them, then by golly they must be on the opposing side politically!

Lastly, vermin? I haven't called you names, and I've tried to be civil... why so much hate? Actually, I think I know why, it's what Death Angel said earlier. People's consciences get pricked when this topic comes up. That was not what I was trying to do to you, so if you feel convicted, then it's most likely the Holy Spirit convicting you. I'm sure you'll give that a laughie reaction, as you've been doing through most of the thread, but as DA said, that conscience discomfort comes with the territory of this topic. Ok, I've been on here way way too long, so i'm out of here.

Since you added on to your post after I posted before, I'm replying again. You're misapplying the Colossians scripture as well. But it's almost 3 in the morning here, and I obviously don't have time right now for a bible study. Maybe tomorrow I'll get back to that.

Also, it is hilarious to me that you assume I'm a leftist, just because we disagree on this topic. I'm absolutely NOT a leftist, not even close, but thanks for the laugh! :lol: Then again, it's actually sad to me when people on either side automatically assume that if someone disagrees with them, then by golly they must be on the opposing side politically!

Lastly, vermin? I haven't called you names, and I've tried to be civil... why so much hate? Actually, I think I know why, it's what Death Angel said earlier. People's consciences get pricked when this topic comes up. That was not what I was trying to do to you, so if you feel convicted, then it's most likely the Holy Spirit convicting you. I'm sure you'll give that a laughie reaction, as you've been doing through most of the thread, but as DA said, that conscience discomfort comes with the territory of this topic. Ok, I've been on here way way too long, so i'm out of here.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Disagree and the majority of studies done scientifically will prove that. Yes you are absolutely right they respond to stimuli. They communicate in certain ways. I do know quite a lot about plant life. And, they are intelligent life made by the hand of God! And they were given to us for food according to Genesis 1:29. And, quote: Given that plants do not have pain receptors, nerves, or a brain, they do not feel pain as we members of the animal kingdom understand it. Uprooting a carrot or trimming a hedge is not a form of botanical torture, and you can bite into that apple without worry. Do Plants Feel Pain?. Read the article.
New research is upending how we think about intelligence … without a brain or even neurons. To that extent, we would have to rethink the concept of “pain” don’t you think? Pain is a signal of distress.

Here is one interesting example:

What is an animal lover? What is loving an animal mean? What does love mean? If the biblical description of love is true and 1st Corinthians chapter 13, and if this is how we define love, then we can't be an animal lover and not be vegan. The two are in opposition of each other.
I’m not a believer in the bible as such, but love involves respecting and honoring the spirit of every living thing (and non living things that have been in downed with spirit) and respecting our place in the larger web of life without abusing it.

They have even recently discovered that trees and things in the forest are all connected together underground and share communication from plant to plant, and damage or attack or stress to one tree, for instance, is sensed, communicated to and responded by the others around it. It is even part of the natural defense system of some plants to fend of attacks from various insects and things.
I read about that and it leaves me in utter awe…no wonder I love the forests and ancient humans found sacred groves.

I'm strongly pro-life.

And yes, even though I am very much against violence, obviously killing in self-defense is very different than other types of killing, from an ethical standpoint.
What about capital punishment?

I'm sorry, I thought this thread was long settled. It started out about fake meat and why dogs don't see it as food and then having lost that argument morphed to whether dogs were primary meat eaters (carnivores) or not and Coyote SETTLED that with her chart on the evolutionary tree. But now that the first argument was lost and then the second, now it has morphed into an ideological and philosophical one on the corruption of Mother Nature? C'mon. :eusa_whistle:

What next, whether dogs come back to us in the next life???
Actually….it has morphed into a fascinating discussion hasn’t it?

It is how Christians ought to live. Many Christians are waking up to this. I don't know a lot about Jainism. I know some about it, when it comes to the Animal Kingdom it is a kinder more christ-like way to view animals. Unfortunately the God that saves isn't worshiped there or followed.
That’s one of the problems I have with the Christian faith. Some great ideas, golden rules common to many, but then a gated paradise and exclusive community.

Buttercup is picking and choosing verses to support her position, while ignoring others that dispute he/she/its position. It's called being a Cafeteria Christian. Take what you want and leave the other.

I don't believe that about Buttercup. She is sincere and devout in her beliefs. We can, in all good faith, have different understandings of the scriptures.

SO very wrong. Yes, rule over the animals but the part you left out is: in the image of God. Which does not mean exploitation, abuse, callousness, violence and needless killing. Dominion in the image of God means selfless love, mercy, kindness and caring, like God's dominion over us.

You brought up verse 28 about dominion, in the very next verse we were given a 100% plantbased diet. So obviously dominion does not mean brutally kill and eat, or else our diet from the very beginning would have been animals.

I disagree. God made human biology, and we are omnivores.

I read about that and it leaves me in utter awe…no wonder I love the forests and ancient humans found sacred groves.

I suspect that modern man long ago lost certain awarenesses and instinctive perceptions or sensitivities that ancient man, native Indians once had and shared closer to those of many wild animals in things going on all around us concerning the earth, mountains, plants and things.

I also suspect that this might have been part of some of whatever a man named Edward Leedskalnin once used to tap into that helped him find and pick locations that he used to create miraculous structures that to this day, no one can explain nor duplicate.

BTW, I have his book.

No, I don't think so. The overall view of what the Bible teaches as she has described it throughout this thread, is the view of scripture that renders all of scripture most coherent. God is meeting people where they are when you see violent portraits of him. Also sometimes it's on the writer of the particular book or part of scripture, where they write from their particular view of God at that time. Take for example God enjoying the smell of burning flesh of animals during sacrifices. Is God enjoying the burning flesh of animals or is it the people who enjoy it so they think God does too? See you have to understand how to read these books. Also language changes over time. A very thorough understanding of Hebrew and of Aramaic is needed to interpret scripture correctly. And understanding of the Hebrew culture, God's chosen people, is necessary to understand how to interpret scripture to understand what's going on. Every genre of the Bible one needs to understand how to read. We're also reading ancient texts, and there's a need to understand culture as was said, what was going on at that time, how the people viewed the world. At one time people thought the dome above us, the sky, was a hard dome that could be cracked and it could fall down upon us, not understanding the atmosphere as we know it today because of what science has done for us. We don't take that part literally do we! So we have to really be careful. God is love. He can't be his anti-thesis. 1 Corinthians chapter 13 describes what love is, this is God. Everything that doesn't look like the sacrificial Jesus dying on a cross for his own people who utterly rejected him and hung him on the cross and the first place, and all people, who could deserve it less, is not from God. It's from someone else or something else. It's from the enemy. I've said in this thread somewhere else that Satan is the prince of this world according to scripture. Jesus when being tempted in the desert was brought before the kingdoms of the world and Satan told Jesus that he would give him all these kingdoms if Jesus bowed down and worshiped him. This tells us that the world we know then which was under Roman rule, and now which is our modern rule under all nations that carry the sword, are under the influence and power of Satan.

Nice wall of text! Your wall is boring, inaccurate., and irrelevant. Learn to use paragraphs!

Forum List

Back