Dogs refuse to eat vegan "meat"...

I tried the newest batch of faux meats. And they suck.

Yours is a religious position. If there were no people anywhere around, animals would be killing animals just like have since time began.

Man is an animal too.

Never forget that.

I weirded me out at first that the local wildlife department does not pick up road kill deer in my new home state. Then I realized that those carcasses by the side of the road were slowly being eaten, and it didn't bother me so much. The coyotes eat the deer by the side of the road -- not the veggies in my garden. This is the balance of nature.

I weirded me out at first that the local wildlife department does not pick up road kill deer in my new home state. Then I realized that those carcasses by the side of the road were slowly being eaten, and it didn't bother me so much. The coyotes eat the deer by the side of the road -- not the veggies in my garden. This is the balance of nature.

Yup. That's why vegan philosophy only resonates with a few people. They desperately proselytize their religion, but most people ignore them.

I tried the newest batch of faux meats. And they suck.

Yours is a religious position. If there were no people anywhere around, animals would be killing animals just like have since time began.

Man is an animal too.

Never forget that.

Well I guess we have different worldviews because I believe what the Bible says, and in Genesis 1:29 - 30 it clearly states that in the very beginning we were all herbivores.

But even if I wasn’t a Christian I would still be vegan because I love animals and don’t want to pay someone to abuse and harm them. In fact most vegans are secular, ask Blues Man.

Well I guess we have different worldviews because I believe what the Bible says, and in Genesis 1:29 - 30 it clearly states that in the very beginning we were all herbivores.

But even if I wasn’t a Christian I would still be vegan because I love animals and don’t want to pay someone to abuse and harm them. In fact most vegans are secular, ask Blues Man.

I am not religious. I am a scientist and ANIMALS EAT ANIMALS.

I don't see lions gnoshing on veggies, I see them devouring anything on 4 legs that they can catch, or steal, from other predators.

The same goes for hyenas, tigers, wolves, crocodiles, etc. etc. etc.

They don't care about your religious views, and neither do I.

Yup. That's why vegan philosophy only resonates with a few people. They desperately proselytize their religion, but most people ignore them.

Yeah, the pages of arguing replies here really shows that most people ignore them. :laugh:

Now that venture capital is drying up, the Fake Meat thing is going to faceplant. People can be just as smart as dogs. During the Covid-panic-food hoarding period, the only food that was in plentiful supply at grocery stores was in the Vegan section. Even starving people don't want vegan cuisine... or crickets.

I am not religious. I am a scientist and ANIMALS EAT ANIMALS.

I don't see lions gnoshing on veggies, I see them devouring anything on 4 legs that they can catch, or steal, from other predators.

The same goes for hyenas, tigers, wolves, crocodiles, etc. etc. etc.

They don't care about your religious views, and neither do I.

I know, that’s what I just said, that we’re coming from different worldviews. We have predatory animals, violence and death because this is a fallen world. According to the Bible, it is not the way it was originally, and it is not the way it will be in the future.

And that’s a good thing. If you don’t think so, then I guess there’s nothing I can say to you about that… except that I think it’s very sad that anyone would prefer violence, suffering, pain and death over a very different type of world.

Opinions and truth are two different things. You posted your opinion. What I disagreed with was you calling it crap. My first thought was you don’t get out much…This isn’t the 1970s anymore. It depends on the brand but some plant-based alternatives are amazing. My former roommate who is non-vegan and a huge meat eater actually said that the Beyond burger tastes BETTER than a regular cow burger. (And it’s better in a number of ways, one of those ways being you’re not paying for horrible cruelty.) So yeah, to me you using the word crap deserved a down vote. :dunno:
Yeah, those plant-based burgers are so good and popular that the McDonald's is pulling them from their menus.

Cafeteria Christian, huh?

What else does the Bible say about eating meat? Can you be honest?

That's not how I read it. In Genesis 1:28, God first gave humans rule over animals, fish and birds. He did not say in 29 that that plants were the only food. They were in addition to 28.

That's not how I read it. In Genesis 1:28, God first gave humans rule over animals, fish and birds. He did not say in 29 that that plants were the only food. They were in addition to 28.
Buttercup is picking and choosing verses to support her position, while ignoring others that dispute he/she/its position. It's called being a Cafeteria Christian. Take what you want and leave the other.

SO very wrong. Yes, rule over the animals but the part you left out is: in the image of God. Which does not mean exploitation, abuse, callousness, violence and needless killing. Dominion in the image of God means selfless love, mercy, kindness and caring, like God's dominion over us.

You brought up verse 28 about dominion, in the very next verse we were given a 100% plantbased diet. So obviously dominion does not mean brutally kill and eat, or else our diet from the very beginning would have been animals.

Yeah, those plant-based burgers are so good and popular that the McDonald's is pulling them from their menus.

Probably because most vegans won't set foot in a McDonald's, and obviously carcass eaters are not going to want plantbased burgers.

Cafeteria Christian, huh?

What else does the Bible say about eating meat? Can you be honest?

Absolutely not. I prefer to go by God's perfect will, which is demonstrated in both the beginning (the Garden of Eden) and in the end, in the future (read Isaiah 11:6-9).... not by what God gave us over to because of our hardened, sinful hearts in this fallen world.

God does not change. God's immutability is part of his nature. So to think that God created a world of peace and harmony, which is supposed to be about love and kindness and merciful stewardship..... and then all of a sudden changed into wanting a violent, bloodthirsty selfish exploitative world is not only silly and ignorant, but is borderline blasphemous. God does not change. So His perfect will, as stated in Genesis 1 and in the prophetic scriptures does not change either, despite the fact that we are currently living in a fallen world.

I know, that’s what I just said, that we’re coming from different worldviews. We have predatory animals, violence and death because this is a fallen world. According to the Bible, it is not the way it was originally, and it is not the way it will be in the future.

And that’s a good thing. If you don’t think so, then I guess there’s nothing I can say to you about that… except that I think it’s very sad that anyone would prefer violence, suffering, pain and death over a very different type of world.

As soon as lions go vegan, so will I.

Buttercup is picking and choosing verses to support her position, while ignoring others that dispute he/she/its position. It's called being a Cafeteria Christian. Take what you want and leave the other.

Nope, it is honoring God's perfect will, as opposed to what God permits in this fallen world due to our hardness of heart.

Forum List

Back