Don Jr. cuts some of the hush money payments to women

The checks were personal, not associated to Trump until Cohen said so. Believe him or not. He's a known liar, so...
Irrelevant! Cohen has nothing to lose other than more jail time. Cohen, Jr, Trump, and Weisselburg were in on the illegal hush payments that were never reported in any financial disclosures. That is a federal crime.

What makes this payment that was made for Hush Money "illegal"?
Trump Said Campaign Finance Violations Aren't a Crime. Experts Say That's 'Nonsensical'

Knowingly and willfully being done, and wasn't reported. That's a federal crime. Cohen is going to prison for it, and Jr. is probably next.

Cohen pleaded guilty to the non-crime.

Riddle me this, batman. What was the LEGAL way of making the hush money payment?

Remember that B. Hussein O paid a quarter million in Hush Money to the Rev. Jeremiah Wright in the fall of 2008 so that the theologian would lay low and not sell his story.

There is a legal way, why didn't Cohen suggest to his client what the legal way was.
It was knowingly and willfully committed as a conspiracy, and the money was not reported. It's a federal crime. Don't believe me? Talk to Cohen. Jr. is next.
Regarding the hush money, the alleged crime is making an illegal campaign contribution which is a commonly is dealt with with a fine. Cohen is going to prison for lying about his part in this under oath, not for what he actually did or did not do.

Irrelevant! Cohen has nothing to lose other than more jail time. Cohen, Jr, Trump, and Weisselburg were in on the illegal hush payments that were never reported in any financial disclosures. That is a federal crime.

Trump Said Campaign Finance Violations Aren't a Crime. Experts Say That's 'Nonsensical'

Knowingly and willfully being done, and wasn't reported. That's a federal crime. Cohen is going to prison for it, and Jr. is probably next.

Riddle me this, batman. What was the LEGAL way of making the hush money payment?

Remember that B. Hussein O paid a quarter million in Hush Money to the Rev. Jeremiah Wright in the fall of 2008 so that the theologian would lay low and not sell his story.

There is a legal way, why didn't Cohen suggest to his client what the legal way was.
It was knowingly and willfully committed as a conspiracy, and the money was not reported. It's a federal crime. Don't believe me? Talk to Cohen. Jr. is next.

Talk to Cohen??? LOL? A convicted perjurer who President Trump counted on to give him advice?

If Donald Jr. were indicted, Cohen would be the star witness? Good luck with that. He won't have Rep. Cummings to rescue him from cross examination like he did today.
Lol! Documented evidence is your friend. No one needs Cohen as a witness for that.

Regarding the hush money, the alleged crime is making an illegal campaign contribution which is a commonly is dealt with with a fine. Cohen is going to prison for lying about his part in this under oath, not for what he actually did or did not do.
It isn't fined , because they all knowingly and willfully agreed in the payment and didn't report it. That is a federal crime. Are you a vegetable who doesn't understand simple law?

Talk to Cohen??? LOL? A convicted perjurer who President Trump counted on to give him advice?

If Donald Jr. were indicted, Cohen would be the star witness? Good luck with that. He won't have Rep. Cummings to rescue him from cross examination like he did today.
Lol! Documented evidence is your friend. No one needs Cohen as a witness for that.

There is no note on the check indicating "illegal hush money" ,BWK. The persecution would need Cohen to explain what the money was for. Even if the persecution didn't call Cohen, the defense would. There would be no way to avoid it.

It isn't fined , because they all knowingly and willfully agreed in the payment and didn't report it. That is a federal crime. Are you a vegetable who doesn't understand simple law?

Federal election law is hardly "simple" law, its highly complex code that even Obama and Clinton were fined for violating it.

Proving the Cohen told President Trump that the payment was illegal as structured and Trump say "fine" is what the prosecution would have to do. Remember Cohen is the only person in this transaction who is even close to be a lawyer.

I don't believe that is correct. Most of the acts were those of ethics and acts cxpected from a leader.

My take, however, there was no indication that Trump colluded with Russia, which was the point of the investigation before the witch hunt started.
We have documented evidence of campaign finance violations that Trump used and did not report, to sway the election. That has been proven.
for what?
The signed checks were not reported, paid to Cohen as reimbursement. That's illegal.
The checks were personal, not associated to Trump until Cohen said so. Believe him or not. He's a known liar, so...
I, as an individual, am not worried about our president paying off a prostitute. We impeached a decent president, Clinton for worse. He did it in the White House with an aide half his age. And all of the other women, so be it. Except for NAFTA, I thought he was a pretty good president.

What I am saying there is more to a president than their sex life and their attempts to keep it quiet.

You are inventing a law, not citing it. It is an infraction of election rules handled by the election commission and it is always dealt with by a fine. Only people who lied under oath about it are going to prison.

There is no note on the check indicating "illegal hush money" ,BWK. The persecution would need Cohen to explain what the money was for. Even if the persecution didn't call Cohen, the defense would. There would be no way to avoid it.
He already has. He posted the check and explained what it was for. And it was not reported on financial disclosures. Law enforcement already has all of that evidence.

You are inventing a law, not citing it. It is an infraction of election rules handled by the election commission and it is always dealt with by a fine. Only people who lied under oath about it are going to prison.
Trump Said Campaign Finance Violations Aren't a Crime. Experts Say That's 'Nonsensical' Trump is a co conspirator in this crime that he started.

He already has. He posted the check and explained what it was for. And it was not reported on financial disclosures. Law enforcement already has all of that evidence.
lol Evidence of what? Cohen received lots of checks from the Trump family and organization over the ten years he worked for them, so how do we know what this check is for?

Trump Jr. signed 'hush money' check, according to Cohen
This furthers the narrative, that I as a voter was cheated out of a free and fair election. Hopefully there will be a nation wide outcry against Trump and his organization for hijacking the 2016 election, by declaring him illegitimate. This people, is the worst scandal in our history. And this illegal act by Trump and his thugs, is just the beginning
meh. . .

Not to worry, the sleaze and cheating was equal on both sides.

The Clinton campaign cut a check to Fusion GPS, which paid Steele to give money to the Russians and the FBI to create this whole Russian hoax. They also got the media to collude with them and brainwash folks, as revealed in the Wikileaks.

All's fair in love, war, and apparently, politics.

Only losers whine about the outcomes.

Cohen has to explain it before 12 angry men, and be cross examined on the matter. Law enforcement only knows what Cohen told them, so they are hear say on that. Should be an interesting cross examination. He was caught lying today several times. The jury isn't going to believe a word out of his mouth

So you mean people who became experts by saying it was a crime.

We have documented evidence of campaign finance violations that Trump used and did not report, to sway the election. That has been proven.
for what?
The signed checks were not reported, paid to Cohen as reimbursement. That's illegal.
I, as an individual, am not worried about our president paying off a prostitute. We impeached a decent president, Clinton for worse. He did it in the White House with an aide half his age. And all of the other women, so be it. Except for NAFTA, I thought he was a pretty good president.

What I am saying there is more to a president than their sex life and their attempts to keep it quiet.
Yea, like taking my right away for a free and fair election.

So you mean people who became experts by saying it was a crime.
It is a federal crime to knowingly create and submit false campaign finance reports to the Federal Election Commission. Typically, the Government charges the filing of a false campaign disclosure form as being a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1001, which is a general statute that prohibits filing materially false statements within the jurisdiction of any federal agency. Although 18 U.S.C. § 1001 is a charge that can be filed in connection with knowingly filing false campaign disclosure forms with the Federal Election Commission, the typical charge that is brought in these cases is an alleged violation of 2 U.S.C. § 441(a), the Federal Election Statute. This statute makes it a crime to knowingly and willfully accept and/or receive contributions in excess of the limits of the Election Act. If two or more persons conspire to violate this law, another prosecutor’s preferred charge is to allege a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 371, the general conspiracy statute.

Trump Jr. signed 'hush money' check, according to Cohen
This furthers the narrative, that I as a voter was cheated out of a free and fair election. Hopefully there will be a nation wide outcry against Trump and his organization for hijacking the 2016 election, by declaring him illegitimate. This people, is the worst scandal in our history. And this illegal act by Trump and his thugs, is just the beginning
meh. . .

Not to worry, the sleaze and cheating was equal on both sides.

The Clinton campaign cut a check to Fusion GPS, which paid Steele to give money to the Russians and the FBI to create this whole Russian hoax. They also got the media to collude with them and brainwash folks, as revealed in the Wikileaks.

All's fair in love, war, and apparently, politics.

Only losers whine about the outcomes.
"Fair" is questionable when one side goes to prison and the other takes a walk in the woods.

Forum List

Back