Don Jr.: Dem Platform 'Awfully Similar' To Nazis

"we were writing Obama's speech for Berlin. one anecdote stood out. A german woman described it saying: "we are a community of fate!" the phrase echoed our campaign's message. we wrote a big ending leading up to the community of fate line. it worked so well that we included the single German word that translates to community of fate. as i stared at it on my screen, something made me uneasy. i googled it a found it was a Nazi term. it was the title to Hitler's first speech to the Reichstag. i told Obama about it. instead of being angry, the absurdity of the situation put him at ease. "Hitler? Really? Obama echoes Hitler in Berlin speech!" Obama said, imagining the headline and smirking" - Ben Rhodes, Obama's national security adviser

What he didn’t mention was the white supremacists and neo-Nazis who support his father.

Donald Trump Jr. said Thursday that the platform of the Democratic National Committee is “awfully similar” to the Nazi Party’s.

Trump, President Donald Trump’s eldest son and head of the Trump Organization, made the remark during an interview with One America News Network while attending a premiere for Dinesh D’Souza’s film “Death of a Nation,” which also attempts to frame similarities between Democrats and Germany’s Nazi Party.

“I’ve been hearing the left talking about these things ― fascism, Nazism on the right — and when you look at the actual history of how these things evolved, and you actually look at that platform versus the platform of the modern left, you say, ‘Wait a minute, those two are very heavily aligned and, frankly, contrary to the right,’” Trump told the conservative cable news channel.

While promoting D’Souza’s film, Trump also suggested that people shouldn’t trust what they learned in a history class because “academia has been so wrongly influenced by the left.”

“You see the Nazi platform in the early 1930s and what was actually put out there, and you look at it compared to, like, the DNC platform of today, and you’re saying, ‘Man, those things are awfully similar,’ to the point where it’s actually scary,” Trump added. “To me, that was one of the most striking things I took from the movie because it’s the exact opposite that you’ve been told.”

Trump’s comments mirrored D’Souza’s film and accompanying book, Death of a Nation: Plantation Politics and the Making of the Democratic Party. It compares Trump to President Abraham Lincoln and argues that Adolf Hitler was a progressive liberal, according to reviews.

D’Souza, a conservative commentator who leans to the far-right, is also a good friend of the Trump family. In May, President Trump pardoned D’Souza, who pleaded guilty in 2014 to violating campaign finance laws with an illegal donation to a GOP Senate candidate.

More: Donald Trump Jr. Says Democrats Are More Like Nazis Than Republicans Are

Wow, that really sounds unhinged. I call it "Trump Projection". What do you think?

Don't forget campaign staffers and later WH staffers referred to him as Fredo -- as in the screw-up traitor son from Godfather.

"It turns out that calculatingly saying stupid but provocative things is a hereditary trait."

What he didn’t mention was the white supremacists and neo-Nazis who support his father.

Donald Trump Jr. said Thursday that the platform of the Democratic National Committee is “awfully similar” to the Nazi Party’s.

Trump, President Donald Trump’s eldest son and head of the Trump Organization, made the remark during an interview with One America News Network while attending a premiere for Dinesh D’Souza’s film “Death of a Nation,” which also attempts to frame similarities between Democrats and Germany’s Nazi Party.

“I’ve been hearing the left talking about these things ― fascism, Nazism on the right — and when you look at the actual history of how these things evolved, and you actually look at that platform versus the platform of the modern left, you say, ‘Wait a minute, those two are very heavily aligned and, frankly, contrary to the right,’” Trump told the conservative cable news channel.

While promoting D’Souza’s film, Trump also suggested that people shouldn’t trust what they learned in a history class because “academia has been so wrongly influenced by the left.”

“You see the Nazi platform in the early 1930s and what was actually put out there, and you look at it compared to, like, the DNC platform of today, and you’re saying, ‘Man, those things are awfully similar,’ to the point where it’s actually scary,” Trump added. “To me, that was one of the most striking things I took from the movie because it’s the exact opposite that you’ve been told.”

Trump’s comments mirrored D’Souza’s film and accompanying book, Death of a Nation: Plantation Politics and the Making of the Democratic Party. It compares Trump to President Abraham Lincoln and argues that Adolf Hitler was a progressive liberal, according to reviews.

D’Souza, a conservative commentator who leans to the far-right, is also a good friend of the Trump family. In May, President Trump pardoned D’Souza, who pleaded guilty in 2014 to violating campaign finance laws with an illegal donation to a GOP Senate candidate.

Wow, that really sounds unhinged. I call it "Trump Projection". What do you think?

It certainly does sound unhinged.

First of all the nazi party didn't wait until the 1930s to write their platform. They wrote it in 1920. As far as I can find, they didn't write another one.

I read that platform.

For anyone to claim that it's like the democratic platform is ridiculous. They're just showing to the world that they have no idea what they're talking about and expecting everyone else to be just as stupid as they are and even more lazy than they are.

Anyone can find the nazi party platform on line and read it. If they did they would laugh at trump jr in his face.

Of course all that buy into that drivel are way too lazy to find the truth for themselves.

Hey, Donny-baby....who went around shouting 'lügenpresse' the equivalent slogan of "fake news"???......................LOL

Glad you asked.

First of all, when was it suddenly considered to be "ok" to attack the president's children? This is apparently something new, and Obama's children were considered"off limits".

But Donald Jr. is spot on with his analysis. Hitler's program was based upon Rabid Gun Control and Socialized Medicine. It is never mentioned by the media, but it is absolutely true that Dr. Josef Mengele's salary was paid for by the German Reich as his work was part of Mr. Hitler's risky medical scheme.

As far as the "white nationalists" in this country, they are under contract with the media. The phone number of David Duke's retirement home is in CNN's rolodex and they fly him around to protests and act like he's important with his estimated 2 dozen "followers".

Ignoramuses, it was first and foremost based on militarized NATIONALISM delivered on the back of shameless propaganda machinery and WWI grievances.

De Souza is a two but politico asshole who makes a living bending facts into pretzels to fit forgone partisan conclusions. Anyone who takes his clownshows seriously is out to lunch (see Jr.)

Btw. Canadians, Brits and Swedes have single payer healthcare yet somehow I must’ve missed them becoming Nazi states. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back