Donald Trump All For Putting The Ten Commandments In Schools

But we shouldn't just take any path, stupid or not, because we can. You know I agree with you 100% on the direction. Let's just apply countermoves with reason and not like unhinged Leftists. (Well we are not that unhinged but I don't want to get there)
They were posted in my classroom as a child and no one was hurt by it... but if you have a better idea call them up....

I have no problem saying that religion underpins much of our culture, but these days that fraction is smaller and smaller.

Religion is not and never has been fundamental to our legal system. The fact that we cast off religious dogma in the creation of our constitution represents one our greatest innovations.
Blacks Law Dictionary was the legal Dictionary used for the US Constitution....I highly suggest you look in it so you stop embarrassing yourself with such statements.

Blacks Law Dictionary was the legal Dictionary used for the US Constitution....I highly suggest you look in it so you stop embarrassing yourself with such statements.
Has no legal bearing after centuries of legal cases

Well first, this is not a states rights issue, see the 1st and 10th amendments. The Constitution trumps states' rights.

Second, I'm certainly not offended by it; it's just nonsense. Not the Commandments themselves of course, but posting them in schools as a sort of 'gotcha' to Leftists.

We don't have to be them to win.
The Bill of Rights is to Limit the Federal Government's rights....not State's Rights.

Meaning a State can endorse a particular religion...the Federal Government can not.
And
Where a state may endorse a particular religion it cannot infringe upon a citizen's rights that does or does not support such a religious viewpoint. Nor may it grant extra privileges to those that support such a religious viewpoint.

The Bill of Rights is to Limit the Federal Government's rights....not State's Rights.

Meaning a State can endorse a particular religion...the Federal Government can not.
And
Where a state may endorse a particular religion it cannot infringe upon a citizen's rights that does or does not support such a religious viewpoint. Nor may it grant extra privileges to those that support such a religious viewpoint.

I can’t believe USMB Conservatives are so stupid as to believe that
States sign up to the US Constitution and are bound by it

I looked it up.

Black’s law dictionary was published 100 years after the constitution was drafted.

WTF are you talking about?

They were posted in my classroom as a child and no one was hurt by it... but if you have a better idea call them up....
It didn't take for Trump.

Louisiana is #47 in education.
Louisiana is #47 in education!

Congress shall pass no laws respecting establishment of religion

First Commandment requires you to follow a religion
You shall have no other gods before Me

approved 1.2.png

I looked it up.

Black’s law dictionary was published 100 years after the constitution was drafted.

WTF are you talking about?
That's the revision....but the edits were to modernize the English definitions and spelling.

It is the dictionary they used. It explains a lot of this nation's religious roots in legal terms.

Try Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography....just the forward if you wish. He was considered to be one of the least religious of the group of Constitutional Framers....

And much of the Autobiography was written Pre-revolutionary war....

Because then you might stop embarrassing yourself. I know you are desperate at this point to be right....but suck it up and try a different tactic. This one isn't going to work for you because the truth isn't on your side this time.

That's the revision....but the edits were to modernize the English definitions and spelling.

It is the dictionary they used. It explains a lot of this nation's religious roots in legal terms.

Try Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography....just the forward if you wish. He was considered to be one of the least religious of the group of Constitutional Framers....

Because then you might stop embarrassing yourself. I know you are desperate at this point to be right....but suck it up and try a different tactic. This one isn't going to work for you because the truth isn't on your side this time.
Black’s law dictionary was written by Henry Campbell Black, who was born in 1860.

Yet, none of that religious stuff made it into the Constitution

In fact, the Constitution specifically forbade it

Forum List

Back