🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump Calls For 'Complete Shutdown' Of Muslim Immigration To U.S.

I can understand why rounding up immigrants who are now citizens would be illegal and unconstitutional. We cannot do that. Once they are granted citizenship, they are recognized as citizens, but I don't know where it says in our Constitution that we must allow immigrants into the country . . . .

I've read that the states cannot discriminate against those immigrants, but I don't think the Federal government HAS to take on any immigrants.
Well either they have papers or they don't. If they don't bye. Tell me how that's wrong?

Not including illegals. People who have come here to our country the proper way and are now legal citizens.

I can understand why rounding up immigrants who are now citizens would be illegal and unconstitutional. We cannot do that. Once they are granted citizenship, they are recognized as citizens, but I don't know where it says in our Constitution that we must allow immigrants into the country . . . .

I've read that the states cannot discriminate against those immigrants, but I don't think the Federal government HAS to take on any immigrants.
Well either they have papers or they don't. If they don't bye. Tell me how that's wrong?

Not including illegals. People who have come here to our country the proper way and are now legal citizens.
Exactly, no papers means you're here illegally

The risks that are inherent from those who are already here legally? There isn't too much we can do about that. I don't see why we would invite more though. That is just stupid. Do we have a death wish or something?

Of what benefit are these middle eastern immigrants to our country?

I don't think you are getting my point.

And you're completely unaware of the fact that this fails as a red herring fallacy.

The thread topic is Trump's advocacy of prohibiting all Muslims from entering the country, in violation of the Constitution, the rule of law, and the fundamental tenets of our Nation.

That you and others on the right have made failed attempts to deflect from that comes as no surprise.

No red herring. It was response to the backwards post previously connecting Hitler with Trump, when all the history has Hitler connected to Muslims and all their same ideologies (hate Jews, genocide, world conquest)

PS - Now go back to the post you quoted, before it was finished. Pictures are there now.

FIs.jpg

I don't think you are getting my point.
I'm taking anyone, Mexican or Muslim.

Well, the thing is we cannot tell the "bad" Muslims by looking. Therefore, it is in our best interest to halt immigration from that part of the world for the time being. Our government's priority is supposed to be the citizens of the United States. Not the citizens of Syria.

Did anyone see the pictures of the dead terrorist yet? Eww. Gross. Normally that would make me feel sad, but I didn't feel that way at all when observing the pictures. I just felt . . . . glad and a little grossed out because his brains were blown out.

Trump cannot win the general election. His bloviating and flame throwing endears him to a vocal, undereducated and wholly xenophobic minority of right wing fear mongers.

The majority of Americans see clearly that this level of xenophobia is not in line with our national values and ethics. Voters with even a thin veneer of eriudtition regard Trump and a tragic joke loosed upon the serious process of choosing a President.

Any support for Trump and his ridiculous and inflammatory pronouncements comes from the fearful, the angry and the woefully ignorant. They claim to love America, but what about America do they know?

When it comes to NATIONAL SECURITY, we can (and must) make the rules as we go along (or else we simply don't survive) NOTHING is off the table.

Trump cannot win the general election. His bloviating and flame throwing endears him to a vocal, undereducated and wholly xenophobic minority of right wing fear mongers.

The majority of Americans see clearly that this level of xenophobia is not in line with our national values and ethics. Voters with even a thin veneer of eriudtition regard Trump and a tragic joke loosed upon the serious process of choosing a President.

Any support for Trump and his ridiculous and inflammatory pronouncements comes from the fearful, the angry and the woefully ignorant. They claim to love America, but what about America do they know?

I don't like Trump, but I agree with him about disallowing immigrants from that part of the world. We can't tell who the "bad guys" are because they blend in, and our country's FIRST priority should be we the citizens, not some poor sops from halfway across the world. We should really have nothing to do with them. Trouble follows where ever they go, and future attacks CAN be prevented or at least limited.

These are the words of EXTREMIST, left-wing , Muslim-pandering foolishness. The American people know better. Especially after San Bernardino.

Well, the thing is we cannot tell the "bad" Muslims by looking. Therefore, it is in our best interest to halt immigration from that part of the world for the time being. Our government's priority is supposed to be the citizens of the United States. Not the citizens of Syria.
I'm all for that

I still love America. Keeping immigrants out has absolutely no effect on me whatsoever.

And most likely a majority

I'm sorry, but I feel no obligation to take in people from other countries. In fact, I feel that it is to our detriment. At one time, we needed to populate our country and we needed workers to help build our infrastructure, etc. We don't NEED immigrants anymore. They are more trouble than help in a lot of cases.

Can you tell me what it is I'm "giving up" if we were to disallow immigrants from the ME?

The risks that are inherent from those who are already here legally? There isn't too much we can do about that. I don't see why we would invite more though. That is just stupid. Do we have a death wish or something?

Of what benefit are these middle eastern immigrants to our country?
NONE. Democrats drag immigrants in assuming they will all become Democrat votes. In the case of the Syrian refugees though, who knows ? having run away from ISIS, they may prefer the stronger military and national security policies of the Republicans. Like Republican Cuban-Americans who hate Castro.

In any case, they are all too much risk, and should stay out. A safe zone in Syria should be created fro them.

Forum List

Back