Donald Trump Is Selling 'God Bless USA' Bibles For 59.99 As He Faces Mounting Legal Bills.

Yet God gAbe Mosses laws on how to treat your slaves.
How many people have you put to death for breaking Gods law as he commands you to. Do you follow all the dietary restrictions God places on his followers? For a god who says don’t kill he sure tells his followers to go on a killing spree against non believers. The bible is full of contradictions there is no way one can take it literally.
And Moses allowed for divorce, even though God doesn't want divorce. There is no contradiction here.

Jesus said it's not what goes into the mouth but what comes out that makes a person unclean. No contradiction here.

The Bible doesn't was you can't kill, but not to commit murder. No contradiction here.

And Moses allowed for divorce, even though God doesn't want divorce. There is no contradiction here.

Jesus said it's not what goes into the mouth but what comes out that makes a person unclean. No contradiction here.

The Bible doesn't was you can't kill, but not to commit murder. No contradiction here.
You can’t be serious, but prove why the best prayer to God is to save us from him followers. You ignore the parts of the Bible that are inconvenient.

If you’re married I hope you never take your wife to church when she is menstruating in direct violation of Gods orders.

God Bless the USA bibles?
Sounds like a nice combo to me.
We just need to fix the government so it’s reputable again.

Okay well, I guess okay, but not great. This Bible is not meant to be read by modern Americans--it's the KJV version, which means it's meant to be the "family Bible" you write births and deaths in and say "Yeah, we have a Bible".

But you never read it.

IMO the best Bibles are beat up, written in, and put wherever. It's not meant to be an heirloom. It's a manual. Use it.

Yet God gAbe Mosses laws on how to treat your slaves.
How many people have you put to death for breaking Gods law as he commands you to. Do you follow all the dietary restrictions God places on his followers? For a god who says don’t kill he sure tells his followers to go on a killing spree against non believers. The bible is full of contradictions there is no way one can take it literally.

Civil Law
Ceremonial Law
Moral Law

Those were the laws in Ancient Israel. We're not Israel, so we don't need their civil laws anymore, and we're not worshipping in the Tabernacle, so we don't need their ceremonial laws either. The only laws that didn't "twilight" are the Moral Laws.

Really. This isn't difficult.

If you’re married I hope you never take your wife to church when she is menstruating in direct violation of Gods orders.

I mean yes, for people living in the desert in Ancient Israel, and going to the Tabernacle.

To be blunt, your argument here is Biblically illiterate. It just is.

The contradictions in the Bible are one reason it should be taken a a good collection of parables but not to be taken literally.

What do you mean, "taken literally"? Whenever I read this I know I'm dealing with someone who is Biblically illiterate. Because yes, a great deal of the Bible is NOT literal. The trees clapping their hands in Psalms, for example. Much of Song of Solomon, just off the top of my head.

I mean c'mon and explain yourself?

Civil Law
Ceremonial Law
Moral Law

Those were the laws in Ancient Israel. We're not Israel, so we don't need their civil laws anymore, and we're not worshipping in the Tabernacle, so we don't need their ceremonial laws either. The only laws that didn't "twilight" are the Moral Laws.

Really. This isn't difficult.
So your argument is throw out what you don’t want to obey anymore and keep what you do.

So your argument is throw out what you don’t want to obey anymore and keep what you do.

I'm looking around and don't see a Tabernacle, or a Temple. So do I need to keep to the rules about menstruation and the Tabernacle? No? Yes?

It has nothing to do with what I WANT. The Moral Laws are the hardest to keep, btw. Hello?

What do you mean, "taken literally"? Whenever I read this I know I'm dealing with someone who is Biblically illiterate. Because yes, a great deal of the Bible is NOT literal. The trees clapping their hands in Psalms, for example. Much of Song of Solomon, just off the top of my head.

I mean c'mon and explain yourself?
There are those devoted followers who claim the Bible is to be taken literally and the stories are factual representations of the time. You seem to agree with me that that’s not the case. The Bible is a good source of entertaining stories and a guide to how one should live but not a factual or accurate depiction of events

You can’t be serious, but prove why the best prayer to God is to save us from him followers. You ignore the parts of the Bible that are inconvenient.

Riiiight...

...and then give a burnt offering. :rolleyes:

Try Romans 10...

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” “or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” . But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”; because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

There are those devoted followers who claim the Bible is to be taken literally and the stories are factual representations of the time. You seem to agree with me that that’s not the case. The Bible is a good source of entertaining stories and a guide to how one should live but not a factual or accurate depiction of events

Dude, you are really failing in these generalities. HARD.

Many, many, MANY of the events, places, and people in the Bible are historic. We have far less records of other historic occurrences in ancient history and have no problem considering them accurate.

If that weren't the case--if the Bible had the same historical record as, say "The Book of Mormon"--there is NO WAY I would trust it for a "guide to how one should live". Why should I? Even Paul says, "if Christ is not raised from the dead.....your faith is futile and you are dead in your sins." (I Cor 15).

Of course you have the right to dismiss the Bible if you like but at least give it a fair reading, not just stuff you have "heard" about it...like somehow Christians are beholden to the civil and ceremonial laws of Ancient Israel!

Riiiight...

...and then give a burnt offering. :rolleyes:

Try Romans 10...

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” “or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” . But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”; because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
A great example of tossing out the rules they no longer want to follow.

Dude, you are really failing in these generalities. HARD.

Many, many, MANY of the events, places, and people in the Bible are historic. We have far less records of other historic occurrences in ancient history and have no problem considering them accurate.

If that weren't the case--if the Bible had the same historical record as, say "The Book of Mormon"--there is NO WAY I would trust it for a "guide to how one should live". Why should I? Even Paul says, "if Christ is not raised from the dead.....your faith is futile and you are dead in your sins." (I Cor 15).

Of course you have the right to dismiss the Bible if you like but at least give it a fair reading, not just stuff you have "heard" about it...like somehow Christians are beholden to the civil and ceremonial laws of Ancient Israel!
I’ve read the Bible plenty of times. It’s a great book of stories that you can put as much faith in their reality as you wish. I take them with a grain of salt considering many of the books have been edited throughout time to fight the needs. Books were added taken away as desired.

I’ve read the Bible plenty of times. It’s a great book of stories that you can put as much faith in their reality as you wish. I take them with a grain of salt considering many of the books have been edited throughout time to fight the needs. Books were added taken away as desired.

1. Have you read the entire Bible through? How many times have you read the NT, the OT, etc?

2. All of history has been "edited", especially those written in other languages. Since all language changes (Old English is basically almost another language at this point), that means every historical document has been "edited". Is is all unreliable?

3. When was the last time a book of the Bible was "added" or "taken away"?

I am tossing out an honest explanation. Faith blinds people and had for all of time it is a dangerous thing

You have faith (belief) in the Bible that is just not accurate. I mean here, you "believe" Christians should not mix fabrics or should not go to church while menstruating because you did not understand the difference between Ancient nomadic Israel and 21st century Christianity.

1. Have you read the entire Bible through? How many times have you read the NT, the OT, etc?

2. All of history has been "edited", especially those written in other languages. Since all language changes (Old English is basically almost another language at this point), that means every historical document has been "edited". Is is all unreliable?

3. When was the last time a book of the Bible was "added" or "taken away"?
Yes I have even read some of the books not contained in the current bible.

You have faith (belief) in the Bible that is just not accurate. I mean here, you "believe" Christians should not mix fabrics or should not go to church while menstruating because you did not understand the difference between Ancient nomadic Israel and 21st century Christianity.
I don’t care what you do. But thanks for admitting you don’t pay attention to the parts you don’t want to

Forum List

Back