Donald Trump Says He'll Spend 'What It Takes' To Win

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Those who may have thought that "The Don" will gently go into that good night, think again:

Donald Trump Says He ll Spend What It Takes To Win

LACONIA, N.H. -- How much of his personal fortune is Donald Trump willing to drop on his 2016 presidential campaign? Whatever it takes to come out on top, he told The Huffington Post on Thursday.

“You saw my statement yesterday, so it’s pretty irrelevant,” Trump said, alluding to a press release in which his campaign placed his net worth in excess of $10 billion. “I’ll do what I have to do.”

Trump has already contributed at least $1.8 million of his own money to his nascent White House bid, which he launched last month, but that may be only the beginning.

Asked during a brief interview in the picturesque New Hampshire Lakes Region whether he might eventually spend up to $1 billion trying to win the presidency, Trump didn't dismiss the idea out of hand.

“It depends on what it takes,” he said.

Trump spoke during an interview at the small private airport here as he waited to call in to "The O’Reilly Factor" on The Fox News Channel after headlining an evening rally that drew several hundred people. He noted that he has risen to the top of most recentpolls of Republican candidates and said he's gaining even more steam, as he feeds off his big crowds.

“I do see the enthusiasm,” he said. “I mean, forget it, right? The driver said, ‘I’ve never seen that before, and I’ve been in New Hampshire for 25 years.’ So it’s very nice to see the receptivity. People are tired of being ripped off.”

The audience that Trump attracted earlier in the day at his rally was indeed one of the largest of the 2016 campaign here in New Hampshire for any White House hopeful. Hundreds of people who were prevented from entering the jam-packed event stuck around until the end to try to catch a glimpse of the celebrity candidate.

What kind of effect will this have on the GOP primary process?

Will it weed out some bottom feeders who are in no way going to be able to raise the money they need to compete at all?

Will it split the batshit-crazy vote, allowing for a moderate to do a Hail-Mary pass right down the middle?

Or will the Don actually be the GOP standard bearer?

:D

They all would do that...can't beget the Donald for stating it publicly.

He can't buy votes though and he won't get that many. Unfortunately. I, for one, would love to hear his concession speech.

"I decided I didn't want the job and to give it to a lesser person...."

Forum List

Back