Donald Trump takes on federal land control

The feds can't own any land outside of DC, aside from forts and ports.

Is Harney county a fort or a port?

Nope.

Not according to courts, Billy.

The Constitution does not authorize permanent state land-grabs by the federal government. If you believe it does, show the article.

No need for a land grab. The federal government owns it to start with.

Explain why this is true?

I'm not going to give you a class on how the federal government came to own so much land in the west. Look it up for yourself. It's easily found.

Because no such class exists. Once state land, it is state land.

So we have people making up laws to say the Federal Government can't own land... That's a load of crap but lets play along...

So I presume the Federal government is going to the land back to the people it took it off...

Indians are getting a load of land...

The Constitution does not authorize permanent state land-grabs by the federal government. If you believe it does, show the article.

I'm not going to give you a class on how the federal government came to own so much land in the west. Look it up for yourself. It's easily found.

We know how it happened. The question is "what's the justification for it?" The answer is that nothing more than the federal government's lust for power.

Then you don't know how it happened.

Believe what you want if you are afraid to research what really happened.

Believe what you want if you are afraid to research what really happened.

I already have.

NaziCons are desperately trying to get their greedy hands on our federal public lands and other national treasures. This must not be allowed to happen!

Weird how the republican party has changed in the past 100 years...Theodore Roosevelt was one of the biggest drivers of the national park system and cared about the environment greatly.

Today...Well, we need to mine, drill and give it to the rich!

You are perfectly free to get into a time machine and vote for him.
i'm going back to vote for mccain and romney.

We know how it happened. The question is "what's the justification for it?" The answer is that nothing more than the federal government's lust for power.

Then you don't know how it happened.

Yes we do. I just explained it.

ALMOST sounds like he is standing with the Oregon Militia.... Freedom from government and Freedom for the PEOPLE!

washington examiner ^ | 1/8/16 | Gabby Morrongiello
Trump says Americans shouldn't let the government turn the West into a federally-owned frontier. Forget China, guns or immigration. Donald Trump is taking on a new issue: federal land ownership. In a new op-ed for the Reno Gazette-Journal, the Republican presidential front-runner rails against the "draconian rule" of the Bureau of Land Management and the Obama administration's "land grab" in the western United States. "The BLM controls over 85 percent of the land in Nevada," Trump explains. "In the rural areas, those who for decades have had access to public lands for ranching, mining, logging and energy...
Does this mean Trump wants the land returned to the local Paiute Indians?
Well, I'd say he just wants to represent the people AGAINST government tyranny and stronghold. The government should not be using the "peoples" money to grow government control of any states resources, or any ranchers private property!! That everyone doesn't support these ranchers right to the grazing land and the right to expect our government will not legally stronghold good people in order to DESTROY them is astounding to me. The Local bureau of land mgmnt testified that ranchers do control burns to get rid of juniper that steals the water from the grass. They also said burns often spilled onto the BLM territory and nobody but the Hammonds have been arrested charged and sentenced....ever. Why do you suppose that is? Also, they testified that BLM fires had spilled over onto rancher land and destroyed cattle and property and BLM had never compensated them! Are you starting to see a problem yet? Yeah, the Hammonds are holdouts to a government grab to 170,000 acres of land. Do they intend to destroy them to get it? Yep, pretty much! Sound like something worth supporting to you?
People? Which people? More than likely Trump would like to give the land away for multi national corporations to exploit. That way only the really important people would have access to "the people's" land.

And that's worse than the feds in what way? At least the multi national corporations would hire locals and let them benefit from the harvest of resources.
You have no idea what you're talking about. I'll bet you don't even know what BLM land is used for. Most of you Trump followers don't seem to know shit about anything.

The land the Nazis are occupying in Oregon was bought by the government from a private company. Fair and square.

Am I the only one that has ever noticed a pattern with the left. Whenever their is a conflict between a government and the people they almost always side with the government. Just take the issue of federal owned land. Why defend the government on this issue. They have no argument that says the federal government should own it other than it is the government s and they have to retain it. That is the their only argument that they make. Now sometimes govenrment needs to own land such as building bases and parks but a lot of federal land is not used at all and why should any state have most of its territory owned by the federal government. Why even call it a state at that point? Just call it a federal territory since on that property they can make whatever rule on it and enforce it.

You're an idiot. And illiterate.
Typical liberal response. A specious attack that means nothing and refutes not one fact.

Heheheh. The Nazis have gone on the internet and asked people to send them supplies. So people have been mailing them bags of dildos. :lol:

ALMOST sounds like he is standing with the Oregon Militia.... Freedom from government and Freedom for the PEOPLE!

Trump says Americans shouldn't let the government turn the West into a federally-owned frontier. Forget China, guns or immigration. Donald Trump is taking on a new issue: federal land ownership. In a new op-ed for the Reno Gazette-Journal, the Republican presidential front-runner rails against the "draconian rule" of the Bureau of Land Management and the Obama administration's "land grab" in the western United States. "The BLM controls over 85 percent of the land in Nevada," Trump explains. "In the rural areas, those who for decades have had access to public lands for ranching, mining, logging and energy...
Does this mean Trump wants the land returned to the local Paiute Indians?
Well, I'd say he just wants to represent the people AGAINST government tyranny and stronghold. The government should not be using the "peoples" money to grow government control of any states resources, or any ranchers private property!! That everyone doesn't support these ranchers right to the grazing land and the right to expect our government will not legally stronghold good people in order to DESTROY them is astounding to me. The Local bureau of land mgmnt testified that ranchers do control burns to get rid of juniper that steals the water from the grass. They also said burns often spilled onto the BLM territory and nobody but the Hammonds have been arrested charged and sentenced....ever. Why do you suppose that is? Also, they testified that BLM fires had spilled over onto rancher land and destroyed cattle and property and BLM had never compensated them! Are you starting to see a problem yet? Yeah, the Hammonds are holdouts to a government grab to 170,000 acres of land. Do they intend to destroy them to get it? Yep, pretty much! Sound like something worth supporting to you?
People? Which people? More than likely Trump would like to give the land away for multi national corporations to exploit. That way only the really important people would have access to "the people's" land.

And that's worse than the feds in what way? At least the multi national corporations would hire locals and let them benefit from the harvest of resources.
You have no idea what you're talking about. I'll bet you don't even know what BLM land is used for. Most of you Trump followers don't seem to know shit about anything.

I've been all over thousands of square miles of BLM land. Most of it is used for grazing.

Just one more reason to vote for him,.

Forum List

Back