Donald Trump’s Tax-Return Dodge

Hillary's threatening to reignin Wall Street and the banks at the same time they pay her millions to speak and her son in law is a hedge fund manager and the libtards aren't curious?all they want is Trumps tax returns. Says a lot about the leftist idiots dosen't it?

You’re not interested in what your messiah paid in taxes while he expects you to pay more? Shows you’re the idiot; not others.
:rofl:

:lmao:

As I just said, you're not a Democrat, and you sold out completely to the Ice Queen.

I'm not voting for Trump but he's my "messiah?" That is funny. You're not a bright girl.

You're just deflecting from that your standard for Trump turned out to be a lie. Remember your standard?

People with nothing to hide, hide nothing

As a leftists, you should be demanding to know what your queen promised Wall Street. But no, that would require something you don't have. Integrity

I do have a question: What speeches are you talking about?

Meanwhile, all candidates or practically all, in the last 40 years have released tax returns. Its standard and customary for them to do so; that is the only standard. The only abstainer? Your messiah, Donald Trump.

Makes you wonder what he is hiding…

Seriously? You don't know about Hillary's Wall Street speeches? Wow.

Keeping Wall Street Speeches Secret Speaks Volumes About Hillary Clinton

Speeches given as a private citizen… Again, Not seeing the parallel to the standard and customary release of tax returns by virtually every presidential candidate over the last 40 years…

Except your messiah, Donald Trump.

People with nothing to hide; hide nothing.

BTW: That Ms. Clinton made a bundle giving speeches is her right, is it not?
Oh right. Didn't Mr. trump pay taxes as a private citizen? Why, yes, I believe he did.

Poor Donald.... it's amusing how his trumpsters don't care. if it were Hillary Clinton, they'd be foaming at the mouth.

Unlike every major-party Presidential candidate since 1976, Donald Trump will not release his tax returns. He’s being audited by the Internal Revenue Service, he has said, and so he will not release any return, for any year, until the audit is complete. Beyond that, his campaign has made it clear that, regardless of the status of the audit, Trump will not be releasing the returns before November.

In March, two of Trump’s tax lawyers, Sheri Dillon and William Nelson, of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, released
a letter to Trump that said the candidate had interests in roughly five hundred business entities and, thus, “your personal federal income tax returns are inordinately large and complex for an individual.” The lawyers said, further, that prior I.R.S. examinations of his taxes over the previous decade had produced no net deficiency. The letter said that the returns had been under “continuous examination” by the I.R.S. but, curiously, said nothing about how or why that might affect the disclosure of the returns. (When I contacted the firm, Dillon declined to speak to me.)

The law is clear about publicly releasing tax returns. The I.R.S. is prohibited from doing so, but taxpayers themselves have every right to disclose their own returns. Does the existence of an audit change the legal status of public disclosure? The answer is no; Trump can release the returns if he wants to. “He filed these tax returns under penalty of perjury with the I.R.S.,” Scott Michel, a partner at Caplin & Drysdale, a leading tax-law firm, said. “If he were to disclose the returns publicly, he’s not disclosing anything that the I.R.S. doesn’t already know about. A disclosure in and of itself cannot possibly prejudice or hurt him with his audit.”

The main risk of disclosure is political rather than legal. Trump’s returns may show that he pays a very low effective tax rate. They may also show that he gives very little to charity, or show foreign financial entanglements. But there is another, less obvious risk of disclosure, according to Michel. “He knows that if he discloses his tax returns, there will be thousands of tax professionals in this country going over them with a fine-tooth comb,” he said. “And, in the public discussion of the returns, there may be issues in his audit that might not yet have arisen, and the I.R.S. hasn’t found them. The auditing agent may get the idea to ask about something he hasn’t thought about. That’s probably one reason why he may be reluctant to turn them over.” Again, though, this possibility is a personal financial risk for the candidate, not a legal barrier to disclosure.

If Trump were interested in allowing the public to learn something about his finances, he might, Michel suggested, find a middle ground between total nondisclosure (Trump’s current position) and release of the full tax return. (Hillary and Bill Clinton have released their complete tax returns going back several years.) “There are any number of questions that could be asked about what’s on his tax returns that wouldn’t require him to disclose the returns themselves,” Michel said. “How much did he report giving to charity? How much tax have you paid in dollars? What’s the effective tax rate that he paid? Do you have any foreign trusts? Foreign bank accounts? How big is your I.R.A.? This is all stuff that is on the face of a tax return”—that is, the form presented to the I.R.S. “There are many facts that he could disclose without going back on his position of not disclosing the full return because he is under audit,” Michel said.

Trump has said that he seeks to pay as little tax as possible under the law. That’s his right, of course. As Judge Learned Hand
observed in 1934, “Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase one’s taxes.” The question is not what the law requires but what politics demands. In this and so many other ways, Trump has so far defied Presidential electoral tradition by keeping his returns to himself. And if he continues to stonewall it’s clear that he’s doing so because that’s his choice, not his obligation.

Donald Trump’s Tax-Return Dodge - The New Yorker

Since you seemed so concerned about how much other people pay in taxes how much did you pay last year?

If you are concerned about disclosures how about bitching about the filthy ass Obama administration not releasing Crooked Hillary's emails until after the election?

If you are concerned about honesty wouldn't you like to know what Crooked Hillary is hiding by not disclosing her speeches to Wall Street?

It's amusing how you stupid Moon Bats don't care about the dishonesty of Crooked Hillary. if it were Donald Trump, you Libtards would be foaming at the mouth.

You’re not interested in what your messiah paid in taxes while he expects you to pay more? Shows you’re the idiot; not others.
:rofl:

As I just said, you're not a Democrat, and you sold out completely to the Ice Queen.

I'm not voting for Trump but he's my "messiah?" That is funny. You're not a bright girl.

You're just deflecting from that your standard for Trump turned out to be a lie. Remember your standard?

People with nothing to hide, hide nothing

As a leftists, you should be demanding to know what your queen promised Wall Street. But no, that would require something you don't have. Integrity

Meanwhile, all candidates or practically all, in the last 40 years have released tax returns. Its standard and customary for them to do so; that is the only standard. The only abstainer? Your messiah, Donald Trump.

Speeches given as a private citizen… Again, Not seeing the parallel to the standard and customary release of tax returns by virtually every presidential candidate over the last 40 years…

Oh right. Didn't Mr. trump pay taxes as a private citizen? Why, yes, I believe he did.

Candy's still trying to spin out of her lie. She said people who aren't hiding anything don't hide. Then Hillary, is hiding!

Candy's still trying to spin out of her lie. She said people who aren't hiding anything don't hide. Then Hillary, is hiding!
I think in her feeble mind Hillary's lies don't matter. That's a libtard for ya.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Can't let this issue about Trump's refusal to divulge his tax returns go....no matter how many other stupid and dangerous gaffes the orange clown commits, the spotlight cannot be taken off the possible lying and fraud that Trump's tax returns could show.

For someone that is running under the banner that he is "the best business person that ever lived", the tax returns should shed some important light on this clown's claims.

Just like a child. Why should he release his tax returns?

Cuz the children want him to.

I think in her feeble mind Hillary's lies don't matter. That's a libtard for ya.

Speeches given as a private citizen. Hardly as necessary as seeing the federally mandated income and making sure that the persons asking gus to vote for them are paying their fair share.

Libtards make up the rules as they go along!

Nonsense.

It has been standard and customary for nominees to release their tax returns for 40 years.

The idiotic charade that you losers are pulling is humorous and juvenile as is your messiah/candidate.

I’ll leave you with this reality.

Trump will lose. He will lose big. And I will be laughing in your face for 4 more years.

Nonsense.

It has been standard and customary for nominees to release their tax returns for 40 years.

The idiotic charade that you losers are pulling is humorous and juvenile as is your messiah/candidate.

Trump will lose. He will lose big. And I will be laughing in your face for 4 more years.
Trump said he will release them as soon as the audit is done. Now when can we expect Hillary to release those speeches?

image.jpeg

Speeches given as a private citizen. Hardly as necessary as seeing the federally mandated income and making sure that the persons asking gus to vote for them are paying their fair share.
What is his fair share?

Nonsense.

Trump said he will release them as soon as the audit is done. Now when can we expect Hillary to release those speeches?

And the previous years? Where are they?

And the cycle of lies from you starts all over again.

View attachment 85203

What is his fair share?

All these stupid partisan pig Moon Bats that are bitching about Trump's taxes (in addition to being hypocritical about Crooked Hillary's dishonesty) probably won't pay as much taxes in their whole lives as Trump pays in one day.

View attachment 85203

What is his fair share?

All these stupid partisan pig Moon Bats that are bitching about Trump's taxes (in addition to being hypocritical about Crooked Hillary's dishonesty) probably won't pay as much taxes in their whole lives as Trump pays in one day.

Of course, we’d have to have his tax returns to know. Makes you wonder what he is hiding.

Poor Donald.... it's amusing how his trumpsters don't care. if it were Hillary Clinton, they'd be foaming at the mouth.

I don't really care about their tax returns jillian, I don't care about yours either, I only care about mine...

I am in no way a Trump fan, he will win financially irregardless if he wins this election...

The crime in all of this is Clinton is a criminal and every f'ing idiot who votes for her knows it...

Holy Crap....mods, can you combine some of the whiny-ass liberal threads begging for Trump's tax returns. The board is getting poluted with them.

In the mean time, while we wait, naybe you libs cane explain why you care so much about documents NOT required by law to be turned over yet ignore the ones REQUIRED BY LAW your President and your candidate still refuses to turn over, didn't turn over and thus broke the law?!

And again, why do you want them? Criminal Harry Reid admitted he lied about Rommey's taxes, proving libs don't need them to lie about them?!

Forum List

Back