Don't Be Fooled by the Unemployent Rate - Obama's Slight of Hand

I invite the OP to develop her own formula for determining the actual unemployment rate. Put it here and plug in the numbers.

Then...we will use it to determine that the unemployment rate is lower now than it was in. January of 2009. And...that it was higher in January 2009 than it was in January 2000.

The only question left will be whether or not the OP admits her abject failure.

It's between 12 and 13%, dolty.

Is it really that hard to figure out?

It's fun watching libs and the lib press starting to concede they will lose.....and next you'll see them go into excuse making.

:beer:

As has been explained on this board dozens of times....and as everyone knows..... the reason the Unemployment Rate has been dropping is for the WRONG REASON.

It's not dropping because Obama's policies have generated so many jobs....it has dropped because so many people have dropped out of the pool of people COUNTED.

In other words, Obama has used slight of hand. It can be a little complicated to follow but he's basically dropped the number UNEMPLOYED by making the pool of those counted smaller.

The Labor Participation Rate has dropped to its lowest level in over 30 years.

Here is a visual:

View attachment 33535

Can you say "Baby Boomers?"
Carla you are a danger to yourself
How many baby boomers didn't retire and how many had to return to the work force?

I invite the OP to develop her own formula for determining the actual unemployment rate. Put it here and plug in the numbers.

Then...we will use it to determine that the unemployment rate is lower now than it was in. January of 2009. And...that it was higher in January 2009 than it was in January 2000.

Please. Provide your formula. I am really.....really interested in seeing how you arrive at your figures.

This should be very easy for an accomplished economist such as yourself.

Please........provide your formula for determining the actual......bonafide unemployment rate.

Thanks so much.

Please. Provide your formula. I am really.....really interested in seeing how you arrive at your figures.

Please........provide your formula for determining the actual......bonafide unemployment rate.

Thanks so much.

You want me to give you the plans to my intellectual property and the number to my bank account too?

You're a pathetic idiot. LOL

No one takes either your answers OR your questions seriously, dumbass.

But I DO almost feel like I should pay you for being such a useful tool to me. LOL

Thanks so much.

Also, you're too stupid to understand algorithms, honey

As has been explained on this board dozens of times....and as everyone knows..... the reason the Unemployment Rate has been dropping is for the WRONG REASON.

It's not dropping because Obama's policies have generated so many jobs....it has dropped because so many people have dropped out of the pool of people COUNTED.

In other words, Obama has used slight of hand. It can be a little complicated to follow but he's basically dropped the number UNEMPLOYED by making the pool of those counted smaller.

Here is a visual:

View attachment 33535

How many baby boomers didn't retire and how many had to return to the work force?

LOL, all you can do is just shake your head at some of these posts.....

New polls out tonight showing Obama getting clobbered on the economy.

Unless Americans feel the positive impact of these stats, they really don't matter. If the labor participation rate wasn't so low and the food stamp participation weren't so high, I would say Americans would feel optimistic and good about jobs.

In any case, stats don't matter. How the American voter feels does matter.

Consumer confidence hits 94.5 in October versus 87 estimate

Oh yeahhhhhhhh, the country's real confident. LMAO.

Obviously you're ignoring poll after poll after poll that says just how angry Americans are with your hero.

Obviously, they've been watching Fox News and listening to Rush Limbaugh, because they need to be told how to think.

Thanks so much.

You want me to give you the plans to my intellectual property and the number to my bank account too?

You're a pathetic idiot. LOL

No one takes either your answers OR your questions seriously, dumbass.

But I DO almost feel like I should pay you for being such a useful tool to me. LOL

If I didn't know better...I'd think that you don't have a formula for determining the actual unemployment rate.

That would be too silly for words, though.....huh?

Here is a visual:

View attachment 33535

17%.

You're welcome.

Thanks so much.

Awwwwwwwww......come on. Try me. Let's have the formula and the applicable numbers. We are all waiting.

Here is a visual:

View attachment 33535

17%.

You're welcome.
Valid link

Over 40% aged 55 or older are working or looking for work
R5iUy5t.png

Thanks so much.

Awwwwwwwww......come on. Try me. Let's have the formula and the applicable numbers. We are all waiting.

LOL, you're like having the 3 yr old at the Thanksgiving Dinner ask the adults if he can sit with them and he's told, no little johnny, you have to sit at the little boy table and he starts throwing food as he waves both hands.

No one thinks of you as sitting with the adults, honey....just like little johnny. :boohoo:

Thanks so much.

LOL, you're like having the 3 yr old at the Thanksgiving Dinner ask the adults if he can sit with them and he's told, no little johnny, you have to sit at the little boy table and he starts throwing food as he waves both hands.

No one thinks of you as sitting with the adults, honey....just like little johnny. :boohoo:

Little Johnny is carving up the bird this year, lady......and that bird is you.

Your formula please.

Here is a visual:

View attachment 33535

Good Lord. Really? (roll eyes)

Since late 2007, the U.S. labor force has shrunk significantly, raising questions about where former workers have gone and why.

Now the White House Council of Economic Advisers says it has found answers and has compiled them into a detailed research report released Thursday.

As it turns out, most of the missing workers have been hiding in plain sight: They are retiring baby boomers.

"In 2008, the U.S. economy collided with two historic forces. The first force was the Great Recession," the report said. And the second was "the demographic inflection point" when the oldest boomers, born in 1946, became eligible for Social Security early-retirement benefits.

That age shift explains a lot about what's been happening with the labor force participants, defined as people who have jobs or want them. So a 62-year-old who retires would not be part of the country's available labor pool.

Over the past seven years, the labor force, as a share of the overall population, has fallen from 65.9 percent to 62.8 percent, a decline of 3.1 percentage points.

Economists have been arguing over the reasons for this dwindling labor supply, with some conservatives assigning nearly all of the blame to President Obama's economic policies.

But the CEA report concludes most of the decline, 1.6 percentage point, is due to retirements.

Latest Wrinkle In The Jobs Debate Blame The Boomers NPR

Thanks so much.

I suspect lonewolf I mean loughner is like one of those isis guys

Thanks so much.

You can't even spell 'sleight'. Who are you trying to kid?

Forum List

Back