Double standard? Palin 'hate' page flourishes as Facebook bans conservatives

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
By Joe Newby
January 29, 2013

On Monday, a post at Pundit Press reported that the "I hate it when I wake up and Sarah Palin is still alive" Facebook page has gathered over 3,300 members. But many conservatives say the social media giant, now with more than 900 million users, appears to be punishing them with warnings and bans for sharing links and posting comments, causing many to wonder if the site is employing a double standard on the content that is posted there.

The page displays a cartoon caricature of Palin holding a pistol to her head while claiming that it does not advocate assassinating the former governor.

Additionally, the page "likes" similarly-named pages targeting prominent figures like Ann Coulter, Pat Robertson, Rep. Michele Bachmann and former GOP Congressman Ron Paul.

According to Pundit Press, the page even attacked Barack Obama, calling him a "conservative."

In April 2011, one poster at the site, a 54-year-old Marine veteran, expressed a desire to see Palin dead.

"PS Sarah Palin is still breathing which distresses me," wrote Mark Hamblett.

The page remains live, despite a number of complaints to Facebook.

But the site apparently sees comments by conservatives in a whole different light. A number of grassroots conservatives have contacted Examiner saying they have been banned for simply commenting on posts.
~~~~~~​
Earlier this month, Facebook threatened to shut down the popular "Chicks on the Right" fan page over a post critical of the Obama administration, but backed off and apologized after the story was reported by Fox News' Todd Starnes.

***snip***

Continue reading: --->
Double standard? Palin 'hate' page flourishes as Facebook bans conservatives - National Computer User | Examiner.com

Flourishes is a very big stretch. I can post a picture of my kitten and get more likes than that page.

Forum List

Back