Dreamer Arrested After Speaking To Media Will Be Deported Without Hearing, Attorney Says

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Dreamer Arrested After Speaking To Media Will Be Deported Without Hearing, Attorney Says
Daniela Vargas, who came to the U.S. from Argentina when she was 7 years old, previously had a work permit and deportation reprieve under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA. Her DACA status expired last November, and because she was saving money for the renewal — which costs $495 — her new application wasn’t received until Feb. 10.
On Wednesday, a spokesman for ICE said Vargas would go through court proceedings to determine whether she is eligible for some type of relief, adding that the agency would take no further action until those proceedings were completed.
But Abby Peterson, Vargas’ attorney, said ICE agents told her on Thursday that they would instead pursue immediate deportation without a court hearing or bond because Vargas entered the country through the visa waiver program, which allows certain foreign nationals to enter the U.S. for under 90 days without a visa. (Argentina was previously part of the program, although it no longer is.) Individuals who use the
visa waiver program have no right to a hearing or to contest their removal unless they are seeking asylum.
----

Should have kept your shit in line. No sympathy :bye1:

Daniela Vargas, who came to the U.S. from Argentina when she was 7 years old, previously had a work permit and deportation reprieve under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA. Her DACA status expired last November, and because she was saving money for the renewal — which costs $495 — her new application wasn’t received until Feb. 10.
On Wednesday, a spokesman for ICE said Vargas would go through court proceedings to determine whether she is eligible for some type of relief, adding that the agency would take no further action until those proceedings were completed.
But Abby Peterson, Vargas’ attorney, said ICE agents told her on Thursday that they would instead pursue immediate deportation without a court hearing or bond because Vargas entered the country through the visa waiver program, which allows certain foreign nationals to enter the U.S. for under 90 days without a visa. (Argentina was previously part of the program, although it no longer is.) Individuals who use the
visa waiver program have no right to a hearing or to contest their removal unless they are seeking asylum.
----

$495 is a lot, you gotta admit. Once a Dreamer, always a Dreamer. I don't see why they're splitting hairs on this.
Sympathy, yes.

----

$495 is a lot, you gotta admit. Once a Dreamer, always a Dreamer. I don't see why they're splitting hairs on this.
Sympathy, yes.
That 22 year old had two years to save up for that. Again, no sympathy.

----

Sympathy, yes.
Once a dreamer, always a dreamer. She didn't take out that visa herself at 7 years old. Still a dreamer. No reason to find excuses to get rid of her.

----

Sympathy, yes.
Once a dreamer, always a dreamer. She didn't take out that visa herself at 7 years old. Still a dreamer. No reason to find excuses to get rid of her.
She entered the country through the VISA waiver program, but that is not why she is being deported. She let her DACA run out.

----

Sympathy, yes.
She entered the country through the VISA waiver program, but that is not why she is being deported. She let her DACA run out.
Individuals who use the visa waiver program have no right to a hearing or to contest their removal unless they are seeking asylum.
Your words, not mine.

----

Sympathy, yes.
Individuals who use the visa waiver program have no right to a hearing or to contest their removal unless they are seeking asylum.
Your words, not mine.
Sorry, I was misunderstanding you! I thought you were blaming the visa on her getting deported.
Yes, the VISA is why she doesn't get a hearing. Rules are rules and I am damn glad they followed them.

Sympathy, yes.
Your words, not mine.
Sorry, I was misunderstanding you! I thought you were blaming the visa on her getting deported.
Yes, the VISA is why she doesn't get a hearing. Rules are rules and I am damn glad they followed them.
No wonder the Obama admin and Trump admin want to keep the Dreamers here. $500 per every two years. That's a tidy sum. $187.5 million a year, to be exact.
Outrageous.

'Dreamer Arrested After Speaking To Media Will Be Deported Without Hearing, Attorney Says'

:p

Here's an idea:

The next time Illegals decide to have a massive parade to protest, ICE should alter the route while they're walking - have it go down a long, closed off alley where at the end ICE agents would be waiting to check identities for illegals and trucks would be waiting to immediately load the illegals up for deportation.

:lmao:

Your words, not mine.
No wonder the Obama admin and Trump admin want to keep the Dreamers here. $500 per every two years. That's a tidy sum. $187.5 million a year, to be exact.
Outrageous.

21 dollars a month to live in the US. I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

maybe we're just trying to teach them budgeting......

If she was so concerned about being picked up for being illegal, that she was constantly moving around, having a press conference was probably a bad idea.

The next time Illegals decide to have a massive parade to protest, ICE should alter the route while they're walking - have it go down a long, closed off alley where at the end ICE agents would be waiting to check identities for illegals and trucks would be waiting to immediately load the illegals up for deportation.

I have no clue why ICE don't already do that already.

Funny story the executive chef at the restaurant I work was was pro amnesty etc before the day without immigrants after all the immigrants called out leaving him hanging after he pays them much higher than the going rate he is now a big deportation and Trump supporter

Your words, not mine.
Outrageous.

That's just plain framed, bad arithmetic right there folks. You loons are so predictable...hahaha
So DACA 'illegals' have to pony up $247.50 per year or $20.63 per month and you act as if America is phucking them over...WOW
Their parents are here riding the backs of taxpayers, they get free school, free health care...free, free, free and somehow in your twisted little mind we're making money on them and maybe even phucking them over.....again, WOW!

----

Sympathy, yes.
how you figure?

Your words, not mine.
Outrageous.
A lot compared to what? Mexico? Argentina? Britain?
Not to mention all the free shit they get, including no income tax unless they stole an identity.
Not to shabby IMO

can someone explain why our immigration laws haven't been enforced?

Forum List

Back