Drive by shooting in Britain...they confiscated their guns too...right?

Guy we let those people out

Most murders are committed against criminals by criminals get those fuckers off the street for good and see an instant drop in the murder rate but then again I'm not talking just about murder am I?

IDGAF about Europe If you want to live in Europe be my guest we won't even know you're gone

most murders are not criminals killing criminals. They are regular citizens killing their friends and relatives. Most murder victims KNOW their killers. It's why homicide detectives know, first person you look at is the spouse.

badass-briscoe.jpg

Of course, you don't care about Europe. You like to ignore realities that the guns are the problem, not the poor people who commit them.

You do realize that in the UK a death is not ruled a murder unless there is a conviction in the courts don't you? You do realize that the FBI calls any death with evidence of foul play murder or non negligent homicide and that includes homicide in self defense or other justifiable shootings don't you?

Therefore a comparison of murder rates between the US and UK are utterly meaningless

NOpe, that's not true at all. The only time a murder is removed from the books if a conviction is overturned.

In fact, the FBI undercounts gun murders. They come up with 8000 a year while the CDC records 11,000.

You do realize that in the UK a death is not ruled a murder unless there is a conviction in the courts don't you? You do realize that the FBI calls any death with evidence of foul play murder or non negligent homicide and that includes homicide in self defense or other justifiable shootings don't you?

Therefore a comparison of murder rates between the US and UK are utterly meaningless

NOpe, that's not true at all. The only time a murder is removed from the books if a conviction is overturned.

In fact, the FBI undercounts gun murders. They come up with 8000 a year while the CDC records 11,000.
In the UK a death isn't counted as a murder until AFTER there is a conviction
And the FBI is the authority on crime not the CDC

You need to stop reading the r ight wing propaganda.

It's not just the UK. EVERY OTHER industrial democracy restricts or bans gun ownership, and every other industrial democracy has a fraction of our murder rate. But you guys will try to attribute that to ANYTHING but guns.

So the real question is, does your right to compensate for a tiny pecker mean the rest of us should tolerate 33,000 gun deaths, 70,000 gun injuries, 1.5 gun crimes and 270 BILLION in economic losses every year?

the Europeans have already figured this out.

Guy we let those people out

Most murders are committed against criminals by criminals get those fuckers off the street for good and see an instant drop in the murder rate but then again I'm not talking just about murder am I?

IDGAF about Europe If you want to live in Europe be my guest we won't even know you're gone

most murders are not criminals killing criminals. They are regular citizens killing their friends and relatives. Most murder victims KNOW their killers. It's why homicide detectives know, first person you look at is the spouse.

badass-briscoe.jpg

Of course, you don't care about Europe. You like to ignore realities that the guns are the problem, not the poor people who commit them.

You assume that everyone murdered with a gun is married?

And of course criminals who kill each other know each other in some capacity and most murderers have criminal records of some kind

Guns are not the problem never have been never will be in fact as you know where there are more legal gun owners there is less crime including murder

You need to stop reading the r ight wing propaganda.

It's not just the UK. EVERY OTHER industrial democracy restricts or bans gun ownership, and every other industrial democracy has a fraction of our murder rate. But you guys will try to attribute that to ANYTHING but guns.

So the real question is, does your right to compensate for a tiny pecker mean the rest of us should tolerate 33,000 gun deaths, 70,000 gun injuries, 1.5 gun crimes and 270 BILLION in economic losses every year?

the Europeans have already figured this out.
Keep dodging the fact that the UK has a lower murder rate because they count murders differently than we do

60% of gun deaths in the US are suicides suicide is not a crime
3% are accidents
34% are homicides and in that 34% justifiable shootings are included

The rest are classified as unknown

Keep dodging the fact that the UK has a lower murder rate because they count murders differently than we do

3% are accidents

Suicides and accidents are just as dead.

and the FBI (since you want to count them as a source) only classify 200 shootings by civilians as 'justified'. that's one out of 165 Gun deaths.

Simply not worth the cost of carnage, because you are compensating for your "shortcomings".

And of course criminals who kill each other know each other in some capacity and most murderers have criminal records of some kind

Guns are not the problem never have been never will be in fact as you know where there are more legal gun owners there is less crime including murder

Wow, guy, so what you are saying is the US with their 11,000 gun murders have less crime than the UK with their 48 gun murders? Un- fucking- believable.

3% are accidents

and the FBI (since you want to count them as a source) only classify 200 shootings by civilians as 'justified'. that's one out of 165 Gun deaths.

Simply not worth the cost of carnage, because you are compensating for your "shortcomings".

I don't have any shortcomings you don't seem to be able to understand that 99.999% of legal gun owners will never commit a crime with their weapons

Wow, guy, so what you are saying is the US with their 11,000 gun murders have less crime than the UK with their 48 gun murders? Un- fucking- believable.

How many for those murders are gang related? Who gives a shit if those thugs get rid of each other? It keeps them from bothering honorable people.

How many of them occur in places where strict gun laws are in place?

How many gun murders aren't classified as murders because there was no conviction?

The point that is sailing over your pointy head is that we don't know how many murders actually occur in a country that only defines a death as a murder AFTER an arrest and a conviction

How many for those murders are gang related? Who gives a shit if those thugs get rid of each other? It keeps them from bothering honorable people.

In Chicago it's estimated that 80% of murders are gang related

3% are accidents

I don't have any shortcomings you don't seem to be able to understand that 99.999% of legal gun owners will never commit a crime with their weapons

And those are the ones that will be most affected by the gun control laws that gun haters want in place. They target people like the two of us yet I've been unable to get anyone in support of stricter gun laws to tell me what kind of background check the person that stole then gun out of my locked car while sitting in the driveway would be subjected to.

99.99% of lawn darts never killed a kid. We still banned them.

99.999% of side loading cribs didn't result in a baby falling out and smashing his skull. We still banned those.

We pull products off the market all the time when they cause ONE death.

The gun industry is the only one that makes their products deadlier and are rewarded for it.

99.999% of side loading cribs didn't result in a baby falling out and smashing his skull. We still banned those.

The gun industry is the only one that makes their products deadlier and are rewarded for it.

Guns don't cause death. The people shooting them do

That's because a bunch of whining pussies like you cried like bitches.

When should I expect you to come by and try to take mine if you think I shouldn't own them?

Guns don't cause death. The people shooting them do

I've yet to see a video of a gun shoot itself. Those who want to severely restrict ownership have yet to provide one but continue to support laws based on that assumption.

Cleetus, I've been over this one. Out of 16,000 homicides in the US, only 1800 a year are "gang related" according to the National
SO here we go with you mixing up your stats again

We aren't talking ALL murder just those murders where the weapon was a gun

FYI fists and feet kill more people than all rifles combined even the scary black ones

[

And those are the ones that will be most affected by the gun control laws that gun haters want in place. They target people like the two of us yet I've been unable to get anyone in support of stricter gun laws to tell me what kind of background check the person that stole then gun out of my locked car while sitting in the driveway would be subjected to.

I'd have fined you for leaving your gun unattended so a criminal could steal it.

Bet you all get more careful with your guns after that.

You see, you guns nuts are why criminals can get guns so easily. YOu really are the problem.

SO here we go with you mixing up your stats again

We aren't talking ALL murder just those murders where the weapon was a gun

FYI fists and feet kill more people than all rifles combined even the scary black ones

And that's the thing. Not all gang murders are committed with guns, either.

So out of 16,000 murders, 1800 are committed by "gang members". Not that they were doing anything gang related, but just being in a gang could get a murder classifed as gang related.

of 16,000 murders, 11,000 are committed with guns.

So guns cause more murders than gangs. sorry.

Forum List

Back