Driver kills 6 in PA.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
From the crash pics, i'd say both vehicles were flying. If both had been doing 45 nobody would have died, in fact there would have been no crash since they would have had time to avoid each other.

EarthLink - U.S. News

September 01, 2013 7:47 PM EST
KANE, Pa. (AP) — An SUV crossed into oncoming traffic on a rural northwestern Pennsylvania highway and smashed head-on into another vehicle, killing six people, including two children, authorities said Sunday.

A Jeep Liberty driven by 36-year-old Kathy Douglas of Kane crossed the center line at about 4:30 p.m. Saturday and hit an approaching Pontiac Bonneville in the Allegheny National Forest, killing her daughter and nephew as well as four people in the sedan, state police said.

The investigating officer, Trooper Roger McCloskey, said he believes Douglas was at fault and will face some sort of charges.

Sometimes it makes you question your beliefs and then I start hating my self for not having enough faith. Don't know why I said that, but I'm just sick of hearing about children dying. Carry on.

Actually, I suspect they WERE going no more than 45MPH. US6 through most of PA is narrow and winding, not a high-speed road.

Actually, I suspect they WERE going no more than 45MPH. US6 through most of PA is narrow and winding, not a high-speed road.

I considered the same thing but the article has a pic of the two vehicles and they really look murdered so i'm guessing 70 each.

Damn assault SUVs.

It's not the fault of the vehicle. It never is. Car crashes are due to psychopath drivers.
But we need to ban, or at least do background checks on people who wish to buy Jeep Liberty's.

When will the Congress act? People who buy Liberty's need to stop being so selfish.

Background checks are not a bad idea. We don't let people with a felony conviction have guns so why let them have the even more murderous car?

I considered the same thing but the article has a pic of the two vehicles and they really look murdered so i'm guessing 70 each.

The white car looks like it was cut open to get people out. Looking again...I doubt that Libby was going more than 35.

The white car looks like it was cut open to get people out. Looking again...I doubt that Libby was going more than 35.

You don't cut people out when collisions occur at 35. THINK

Forum List

Back