Driver's Ed

Nate99

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2022
Should high school students have to complete a whole semester of driver's ed to graduate? I say yes...since young people forget the rules of the road real quick nowadays. I have no idea how to make room for it though.

Should high school students have to complete a whole semester of driver's ed to graduate?
What about people who don't want to get a driver's license?

For instance, blind people. Why the fuck do blindsters need driver's education? Why should blind folks people like Stevie Wonder or Jeff Healy or Ray Charles have to pass Drivers Ed to graduate from high school? :dunno:

Why should they not be able to graduate from high school? :dunno:

Last edited:
Should high school students have to complete a whole semester of driver's ed to graduate? I say yes...since young people forget the rules of the road real quick nowadays. I have no idea how to make room for it though.
YES.

When I was in high school, we had a Drivers Ed class, backed by the state and taught by an actual DPS officer.

Personally, I think students should NEVER be allowed to pass/gradute unless they take full courses in manners, etiquette, social skills, empathy and understanding, and not only Drivers Ed, but the laws and rules that go along with it.

When I was in high school, we had a Drivers Ed class, backed by the state and taught by an actual DPS officer.
Sure, same When I was in HS.
Things change.

Why pay a HS instructor with YOUR tax dollars, when this can be handled by the Private Sector.

Sure, same When I was in HS.
Things change.

Why pay a HS instructor with YOUR tax dollars, when this can be handled by the Private Sector.
They have lots of useless classes, now. This is a benefit. Insurance companies used to even give a break on the rates for young drivers that passed an approved course.

There are millions of adults who need that class right now.
I would support everyone taking the written test every five years. It's gotten beyond insane on the roads.

I met a "drivers ed" instructor that worked for one of these drivers ed services.

I asked him a bunch of questions, which he happily answered.

Basically, "drivers ed" nowadays ONLY consists of showing illegals how to operate a car.
NOT drive one, and not anything about learning signs, signals, and road etiquette.

Sad.

They have lots of useless classes, now. This is a benefit. Insurance companies used to even give a break on the rates for young drivers that passed an approved course.
Which are the 'useless' HS courses?
You can easily reach ANY HS Course Catalog and the classes that are offered.
You claim there are 'LOTS OF USELESS CLASSES NOW" then show the School Catalog and PROVE your point.
I met a "drivers ed" instructor that worked for one of these drivers ed services.

I asked him a bunch of questions, which he happily answered.

Basically, "drivers ed" nowadays ONLY consists of showing illegals how to operate a car.
NOT drive one, and not anything about learning signs, signals, and road etiquette.

Sad.
Not true.....Not even close to true.

You claim there are 'LOTS OF USELESS CLASSES NOW" then show the School Catalog and PROVE your point.

Stick your head in the sand all you want, and wear as many blinders as you want.
Doesn't change the facts of reality.

Many electives in HS and in college, occupy time, but provide nothing substantial for the future.

Many electives in HS and in college, occupy time, but provide nothing substantial for the future.
Then NAME them directly from a School Course List.
Let's Stick with High School.

I guess the question is, when YOUNG MALES (that's who we are talking about) drive like maniacs, is it because they don't know the formal and informal rules of driving, or because they are idiots (I know I was)?

I have recommended the Motorcycle Safety Foundation MC course to young men who have no intention or desire to ride a motorcycle. It teaches the dangers of driving and what can be done to mitigate them.

Would it work as a general proposition? Maybe.

I guess the question is, when YOUNG MALES (that's who we are talking about) drive like maniacs, is it because they don't know the formal and informal rules of driving, or because they are idiots (I know I was)?

I have recommended the Motorcycle Safety Foundation MC course to young men who have no intention or desire to ride a motorcycle. It teaches the dangers of driving and what can be done to mitigate them.

Would it work as a general proposition? Maybe.

Why only MALES? Do you think female teenage drivers are paragons of safety and attention to detail?

Forum List

Back